• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
remember you can't trust anyone older than 32 and if you meet someone older than 32 you should make it your lifes goal to cook them and eat them
Me right now:
trust-nobody-not-even-yourself-32514410.png

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that my phone's charging port had a whole bunch of lint in it

It has had issues staying on charge and I've tried cleaning it before

Just got frustrated and jammed a toothpick around in it and wow, there was a perfect ring of lint around the USBC nub. That's why it didn't look like there was anything to clean when I first tried. Now my charger snaps and clicks in and it is super satisfying in a way I forgot about. USBC rocks

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Rhava Velar doesn't seem as good as what I was using at that point, Eternal Blue (a greatsword). Greatswords have large, sweeping attacks that let you attack from out of an enemy's range a lot of the time, so even though the raw DPS might be lower, it is getting more hits in, more safely.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that my phone's charging port had a whole bunch of lint in it

It has had issues staying on charge and I've tried cleaning it before

Just got frustrated and jammed a toothpick around in it and wow, there was a perfect ring of lint around the USBC nub. That's why it didn't look like there was anything to clean when I first tried. Now my charger snaps and clicks in and it is super satisfying in a way I forgot about. USBC rocks
That kinda just goes for all phones. There's also using a low alcohol % on the tip of a cotton swab (very little, like you dip it on a paper towel that has a dot of alcohol on it) and swabbing the metal parts of the charging port to clean them. That's another way to keep phone ports in general clean.

Feb 12, 2019
What do you guys have left to play before making your own lists?

All I got left is Jedi, Outer Wilds, Blasphemous & Observation. I think I could knock out Jedi & Observation in a week but I do not know about the other two. Though for me the important one to get through is Outer Wilds because I feel that's the one that'll be talked about the most and possibly win even.
I've been intending to play Bloodstained while I still have a month of Game Pass (thanks Phoenix Point for somehow goofing up the entire certification process and ensuring that I probably won't play it until the next time I buy a month of Game Pass for a dollar) but also I've mostly just spent the last week playing Total Warhammer 2 with a little bit of Street Fighter V and Dead by Daylight mixed in for good measure.

Of course, we all know that my *true* game of the year list is the one for games that didn't come out in 2019. Not quite sure what my #1 will be yet, but here's my preliminary list if y'all are interested.
Also, not to get back on that Modern Warfare discussion a few pages back, but it's legitimately the first time in years I've thought about trading something into Gamestop for the sole purpose of getting my money back. It's my first Call of Duty since Black Ops 1, and it's sort of fascinating to see how much it's still exactly that game. It's very much one of those things where I've enjoyed my time with it, but I'm also not sure how much more time I'm going to put in.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I have $49 to spend on xbox. Is modern warfare worth $38? If it is what should I get with the remaining $11? I already have game pass

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I thought Pokemon was a lock for my "most insufferable fan base" award, but Disco Elysium is showing up strong in the final hour. It's going to be a tough race and I'm on the edge of my seat.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Have you played and enjoyed call of duty games in the past? Then sure
I rented this one at release and the ttk was bad compared to the others. Didnt touch the campaign at all.

My list of games to finish by the end of the year are:
Jedi order
Pokemon sword

Thats all i have left i want to play.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
This is a strong runner up but I feel like they are more sequestered into their own weird communities and don't venture out as much. Maybe I'm in the wrong threads. Or the right threads.
Most of us Kojima dorks realize hes an acquired taste and dont go at people like disco asylum and pokemon crazies. Tho i also fall into the pokemon fanbase, I just dont care what others think of pokemon

Oct 25, 2017
I rented this one at release and the ttk was bad compared to the others. Didnt touch the campaign at all.

My list of games to finish by the end of the year are:
Jedi order
Pokemon sword

Thats all i have left i want to play.
if you already didn't like the ttk in the time you played it definitely isn't going to get any more tolerable. Personally I don't think the campaign is worth $38, but I will say I'm pretty squarely in the minority for that opinion.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I bought cod. Now i get to wait a day before i can play it.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Most of us Kojima dorks realize hes an acquired taste and dont go at people like disco asylum and pokemon crazies. Tho i also fall into the pokemon fanbase, I just dont care what others think of pokemon
Hey I absolutely love Kojima's bullshit and will buy anything he puts out day 1, but I'm not about to defend said bullshit. I know what the relationship is. It's problematic and sometimes it feels dirty, but I'll always remember the good times.

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning to reinstall Black ops 4 earlier todaybut when I saw the install on PC it was going to be a 164GB so that killed that

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing COD right now and it's just incredible that I can play with a controller on PC and match up with other controller users. I really hope this is standard next gen.

1 gift from pompo

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from pompo pompo!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

pompo said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: SoulCalibur VI - Won by Joeku Joeku (6 entries)

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Switch, did any of the stuttering issues get fixed?
No I don't think they did. It never stopped bothering me the entire way through the game but I know certain people are less sensitive to those issues. I would say wait for a sale but, y'know, Nintendo games...

May 5, 2018
🎉 here it is folks the only #goty list that matters! 🎉
Sayonara Wild Hearts

MeR6Cet.png

just a lovely little thing, a joy to experience
Pokemon Sword

qPegwHi.jpg

sure it's got its fair share of issues and it doesn't really change the formula in the ways you would have hoped, but it was still a really nice time
Control

eO9C8XZ.jpg

while it didn't hit with me in the ways it did for others, Control's style and tone are aces
unfortunately the uneven difficulty and the god awful checkpoints left me a bit sour on it

still pretty damn cool

🧨
A Plague Tale: Innocence

C6UhmTA.jpg

this game kinda executed on everything it was going for nearly perfectly? great story and acting, excellent graphics, art, and music, and the gameplay is totally solid and engaging

like Control, I didn't love some of the occasional difficulty spikes but I still can't recommend this one enough for us #StoryGamers
Kingdom Hearts III

LXnOyhr.jpg

they made another Kingdom Hearts! and it's pretty good!
yeah yeah, all the disney world stuff is pretty superfluous, and the near 1:1 recreations of movie scenes here and there is ridiculous, but hey, it was still pretty damn fun

still just nice to, once again, adventure with Sora, Donald, and Goofy and bash some heartless
Judgment

flwYG8m.jpg

the squatter returns!

ok I stopped playing after chapter 3 But! I really, really gelled with what I've played and can't wait to get back to it! this game feels Yakuza 0 tier!
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Q7ne3Ra.jpg

WOW I did not expect to be invested in a Fire Emblem story after the awful Conquest story! I really, truly loved my Blue Lions fam in a way Persona 5 wishes it had connected with me
on top of that, you get wonderful battles and a weirdly enjoyable day-to-day teacher's life sim? sure, great, I love it

but where's the face touching?? #censorship
Life is Strange 2

4o3X7W6.jpg

man I kind of regret playing the episodes as they released because this is definitely a game that's going to be better experienced in a shorter time frame
the brothers are believable, relatable, and real characters and their story is told very well
while I don't think it hits every mark, this was one I was thinking about in-between episode releases
and, despite the problems with its episodic release, the game is such a huge improvement over LiS1 in terms of graphical and animation quality, the quality of the dialogue, and such
stellar acting too
Apex Legends

PznfPDl.jpg

ok
Respawn is making a battle royale instead of Titanfall 3
but it doesn't have mechs or wall running
but it does have an Overwatch-y hero system
but it's a battle royale

I truly can't believe how much I love this game
I still don't think I'll ever get into another BR like this, everything about Apex just feels so god damn good that I don't mind that it's a BR lol
and the characters are actually really likable and fun!
like, what? really? you did that? I actually care about these weirdos?

yes, the monetization sucked at launch and still mostly sucks
which, uh, sucks
Respawn, please, I love your game and would love to support it (and hey, I did buy that physical copy!) but I am not paying $20 for what are essentially gloves
The Walking Dead: The Final Season

XsU9MYO.jpg

wow
I'm still shocked this game even got finished, let alone ended so incredibly well

every single aspect of The Final Season is a marked improvement over everything else Tell Tale ever did, that is not an exaggeration
they actually pulled it off, even when their studio fucked them over
just an incredible ending to the series and I cannot believe people ignored this gem
🎉 special mentions 🎉
Final Fantasy XIV

rr4sdZ2.jpg

oh I'm so happy I'm finally playing this game, I'm having such a lovely time

The Outer Worlds

s5KrMNS.jpg

ok yeah it's kinda just another one of those but I still had a pretty good time with it

Wattam

UpkywZc.jpg

I haven't played it yet but I think I'll love it

Ring Fit Adventure

pu5Mm8U.jpg

also a game I haven't played yet but it looks cool and I think I'll like it and also get buff and hot(er)
Delayed response, but I like you list a lot GLAVONAK. Your number 10 is lining up to be my number 10 for now and Number 4 freaking rules! Great read too.
Ace Combat 7 is going to be forgotten by many sites and people but I think it deserves to be on a list.

It'll be on a GOTY list. Mine! Seriously, Ace Combat has grown on me this year. It went from being bow Wargroove and Baba is You to being above those. It might be in my top 5. And dat music is heavenly.

I need to play that season pass too.

Status
Not open for further replies.