• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
WWE is listed?! News to me.

Stock trending down. Low dividend. Huge P/E. Terrible managment. Pass.

Last edited:

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Playing through Demon Souls for the first time right now as it is the last of the 'Soulsborneiro' games that I've yet to complete and its...ok I guess? It plays well enough but damn, these levels are kinda ugly and not especially feeling the level designs/layouts and the first 5 bosses are kinda whatever. The worlds just seem so disconnected to each other. I've completed all the first parts to the 5 worlds, past the bosses, does it get better? Am I missing something or is the game a time and place thing where the subsequent games improved upon most of the concepts? Also I beat Sekiro last month so that doesn't help.
honestly like 75% or more of the bosses in demons souls are actual trash

demons souls had most of its good parts done better by subsequent games but boletaria, the last part of valley of defilement, some parts of the storm shrine and obviously the tower of latria are cool

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
honestly like 75% or more of the bosses in demons souls are actual trash

demons souls had most of its good parts done better by subsequent games but boletaria, the last part of valley of defilement, some parts of the storm shrine and obviously the tower of latria are cool

Yeah, like, it's 11 years old and they've had 5 more games to hone their craft since. Of course you're going to feel that age and unrefinedness. Also the servers shut down so there's no interaction?

Feb 12, 2019
Hmm odds on a nier remaster ever existing? Very surprised squeenix didn't capitalise on this giant horde of nier fans they made with automata with a remake/remaster. I guess you'd probably have to overhaul the whole thing though
We're a long way off from OG Nier's initial tepid reception (the infamous "Justin McElroy fishing in the wrong spot" non-review comes to mind as an example of critics really just not getting it) but I've heard enough things about how (intentionally) tedious parts of that game are that even I'm unsure if I'd want to play it all the way to where it gets "good." And I like stupid bullshit in video games.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
[
here's the thing you're forgetting the nerds are fans of nier automata specifically, aka the one with all the easily accessible waifu bait and best hot boy 9S. OG nier is not going to perform to spec

I don't think that's entirely true, but even for that crowd og nier has Emil and Kaine with her combat lingerie throughout.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's entirely true, but even for that crowd og nier has Emil and Kaine with her combat lingerie throughout.
Fair but I'm saying if you were going to do anything to it beyond like the barest bones remaster imaginable it probably wouldn't be worth the money.

You would actually need to remake the game and make it a more direct prequel to automata and then put actual marketing bucks behind it.

Oct 25, 2017
We're a long way off from OG Nier's initial tepid reception (the infamous "Justin McElroy fishing in the wrong spot" non-review comes to mind as an example of critics really just not getting it) but I've heard enough things about how (intentionally) tedious parts of that game are that even I'm unsure if I'd want to play it all the way to where it gets "good." And I like stupid bullshit in video games.
Oh no Nier is a bad game. Let there be no doubt about that, some of it is tedious on purpose, but shit is poorly constructed.

Automata is a polished gem of a thing compared to daddy Nier.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just getting through the Bombcast now, and yes, both Pizza Pizza and Little Caesar's are here but the latter doesn't use the "Pizza pizza!" catchphrase. I probably last heard that on American TV a decade or more ago? Also literally every Little Caesar's here is like walking into a dark alley and buying a small, powdery, wet-in-the-wrong-way pie from a man in a trenchcoat.

Edit: LMAO half the posts in the WWE topic are about Dan.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
If they got platinumgames to redo OG Nier that'd be easy money for SE. I didn't play OG Nier but the concert basically summarizes the first game and when Emi Evans came out to sing Kaine I fucking wept

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Fair but I'm saying if you were going to do anything to it beyond like the barest bones remaster imaginable it probably wouldn't be worth the money.

You would actually need to remake the game and make it a more direct prequel to automata and then put actual marketing bucks behind it.

Right, but my armchair guess is given the presence nier has that might actually be worth it now

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dan get the job
chaos-is-a-ladder-gif.gif

Feb 12, 2019
Oh no Nier is a bad game. Let there be no doubt about that, some of it is tedious on purpose, but shit is poorly constructed.

Automata is a polished gem of a thing compared to daddy Nier.
Yeah, I guess that's what I meant. Automata might be sort of tedious and repetitive, especially near the end, but it's a functional video game in a way the first Nier apparently isn't. The same is probably even more true for the Drakengard games. At some point hearing people describe what you actually have to do to see the weird, fucked up true endings for those games sounds more like an exercise in masochism than even just tedium.

Basically, I'm a long way off from how I was several years ago when I was actively seeking out bad games for my own dark purposes. I still have that copy of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I do not recommend it.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Automata is a way better playing game but despite all the jank and junk I found the original Nier to just be more interesting. The NG+ twist and boss designs were way better. I found the boss fights in Automata pretty boring for the most part while in the original Nier each one was some weird camera angle trick.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
If you play Drakengard 3 as essentially a Dynasty Warriors game it is pretty tolerable.

Up until the final boss. Then it turns into a nightmare, and I'm saying that with no hyperbole.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
So..when does KY0....get good?

I just finished act 3 and not sure I want to go on. Nothing at all has done anything for me. Except maybe the bar interlude. and that also dragged.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
170491.png

You can totally see where I got a job with a long ass commute in 2017. Also I wonder what that big batch of early 2016 games was

Last edited:

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
WWE co-presidents were fired, stock dropped 20%

Dan's going to end up running the company a lot sooner than I anticipated

Sep 12, 2018
100999.png

Crazy taxi? lolwhat

Mirror's Edge fucking rules though so this adds up. Also I think the only reason my PS4 gameplay doesn't vastly outweigh PS3 is because I built a gaming PC in between both consoles.

Sep 12, 2018
100999.png

Crazy taxi? lolwhat

Mirror's Edge fucking rules though so this adds up. Also I think the only reason my PS4 gameplay doesn't vastly outweigh PS3 is because I built a gaming PC in between both consoles.
Come to think of it that completion time on Mirror's Edge doesn't make a lick of sense lol. Given I played the game over a 2 to 3 year span on the console.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Nier.... I think Automata will be my next game once I'm done with Surge 2... It's about time I play that game I guess...

Btw, I want to thank you again Blitzrules240 for the link to that guide the other day, I have made a ton of progress in Surge this week! Finished Gideon completely and leveled up my gear and 3 different weapons to the maximum level available to me right now.

I am now working on the next zone!

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Speaking of Nier.... I think Automata will be my next game once I'm done with Surge 2... It's about time I play that game I guess...

Btw, I want to thank you again Blitzrules240 for the link to that guide the other day, I have made a ton of progress in Surge this week! Finished Gideon completely and leveled up my gear and 3 different weapons to the maximum level available to me right now.

I am now working on the next zone!
It's the guide I followed and it worked well. Happy to help 😁

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
apparently uncut gems is going to be on netflix tonight outside of the us (and maybe canada? who knows)

everyone should watch that

edit oh cool bottom of the page

Status
Not open for further replies.