• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Making the final shot in a 5-5 match of Gunfight is an incredible rush.

This moment is worth the money I've put into the game already.

Amazing.

Sep 12, 2018
Listening to Jeff Bakalar's favorite band Ghost for the first time. This is like Disney Metal but somehow it still really works??

Hell I might just buy this album (Meliora) when I'm in the city tomorrow.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Listening to Jeff Bakalar's favorite band Ghost for the first time. This is like Disney Metal but somehow it still really works??

Hell I might just buy this album (Meliora) when I'm in the city tomorrow.
It's a bit like pop metal or I dunno melodic rock? I don't think you can even call it metal for the most part.

3 gifts from Daniel Westlake

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from Daniel Westlake Daniel Westlake!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Daniel Westlake said:
fuck you mom and dad

These are our awesome prizes:

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Finished listening to the Holiday Special Beastcast and enjoyed it but I feel like it has the same issue every single one they've done before has: it just sort of ends. I can't tell why it happens but it feels like it's either the fault of the storytelling 'board' games or them just having to cut the playdate short because of timing issues and not actually having a big 4+ hour sit down. Every time it feels like it's building and building and suddenly they hit a part where they're just "ok and now we just wrap up" regardless of where the plot threads have taken them. I think the original christmas pseudo heist at LaGuardia got away with it the best but this and the previous year's post apoc thing had it the worst.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think there was one game i played this year that had a story, or if it did, had one i paid attention to

meanwhile, next year is chockfull of games with stories i'm looking forward to

during the writing of the spankey's, i wrote down best story and then was like shit, there isn't one to put

thought about judgment, but i don't think i made it past chapter 2

ket

Jul 27, 2018
It's also a worse game, and I can't tell you how exactly, but it just didn't feel as good. If I remember correctly what bugged me the most was that you're stuck in that claustrophobic few city blocks for a large chunk of the game. The level design felt off.

i thought mankind divided was better than human revolution in almost every way except for story. i wish deus ex wasn't on hiatus right now but eidos has to work on their rumored guardians of the galaxy game.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
i thought mankind divided was better than human revolution in almost every way except for story. i wish deus ex wasn't on hiatus right now but eidos has to work on their rumored guardians of the galaxy game.

Knowing we will probably never see the follow up to Mankind Divided is maybe the biggest loss to me out of this gen of games. Mankind Divided is such a strong damn middle chapter and a set up to a god damn crazy fucking final act that it's a huge fucking bummer we'll probably never see the plot lines and ideas of Mankind Divided concluded.

It is a stronger game than Human Revolution in every regard and one of the best games of the decade. It's a shame it didn't get much buzz and the people that did play were turned off by a middle chapter conclusion.

God the fucking stinger in it is still wild.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
Songs of the year?

SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON
EARFQUAKE - Tyler the Creator
Hard To Believe - Charly Bliss
Too Much - Carly Rae Jepsen
Sofia - Clairo
Eat, Sleep, Wake (Nothing But You) - Bombay Bicycle Club
Harmony Hall - Vampire Weekend
Half Love - Red Hearse
Nighttime Drive - Jay Som
Kids - PUP
Jesus Forgive Me, I Am A Thot - JPEGMAFIA
hand crushed by a mallet - 100 gecs

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
I'm wearing leggings right now. They're great. Didn't realize there was anything to pull off with them, they just replaced track pants for me.

Even the jeans I wear out now are close to leggings. So much more comfortable. And sexier.

1 gift from Megasoum

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Megasoum Megasoum!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Megasoum said:
It's a Steam inventory gift so whoever wins need to PM me your email so I can send it to you!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Pyre - Won by kadotsu kadotsu (9 entries)

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
hrngh colonel i'm trying to wear leggings but i have a dummy dumpy and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the guards

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think there was one game i played this year that had a story, or if it did, had one i paid attention to

meanwhile, next year is chockfull of games with stories i'm looking forward to

during the writing of the spankey's, i wrote down best story and then was like shit, there isn't one to put

thought about judgment, but i don't think i made it past chapter 2
Hello fine Sir,
have you heard the good word of Disco Elysium?
Maybe you'd like to join me in one our weekly sessions where we discuss Disco Elysium. It's completely free, you can leave whenever you want and you get a free stress test as well.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
there's a part on this waypwnt episode I'm listening to where Austin is trying to figure out how viable outer wilds will be in gb goty lmao

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can sony deliver a ps5 to my doorstep by Wednesday

i really want to play hitman 2 at 60fps and i am not buying it again!

Sep 12, 2018
Songs of the year:

Billy Woods & Kenny Segal - Spider Hole
black midi - Ducter
Charli XCX - Click
Clipping - Club Down
Girl Band - Going Norway
JPEGMAFIA - Beta Male Strategies
Lankum - The Young People
Purple Mountains - She's Making Friends, I'm Turning Stranger
Tyler the Creator - Earfquake

Either one of these is my favorite though, that Charli song blew my mind just playing the album cold. If you told me Aphex Twin produced it I'd have believed you.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the Witcher is over I went back to Mr. Robot and boy, after dropping it for a couple weeks coming back to a mid season 2 episode that is just straight up channeling Too Many Cooks is...a lot. I mean considering how meta the show is I get what they were going for but I begin to wonder how they can even escalate the way they fuck with the format for another two and a half seasons. Makes me excited with how much people are talking up the last two seasons.
It never goes *that far* again but you they have a few good gimmick episodes here and there

First 3 seasons of mr robot are available on Amazon Prime Video, it's worth a watch? I could use something to distract myself, and I don't really have the energy/motivation to game right now.

Oct 25, 2017
First 3 seasons of mr robot are available on Amazon Prime Video, it's worth a watch? I could use something to distract myself, and I don't really have the energy/motivation to game right now.
Absolutely it's one of the best television shows in the past decade. Season 2 can be a a bit of a slog at times but it finishes strong and season 3 is just fantastic throughout

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, absolutely. As I said I'm not quite done season 2 yet but it's great. Fantastically shot and paced. I'll warn that the earliest few episodes feel reeeeaaaallly edgy but it mostly tapers off (or at least you get acclimated to it) and when it does come back it's a little more knowing about it so don't let that deter you.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the key thing to understand about Mr Robot is that from the first season it may seem like it's just doing an edgy Fight Club thing but the following seasons deconstruct a lot of the stuff from the first season and turn it into something a lot more nuanced than "More like... Evil Corp, get it maaaan?"

So basically just... give it some trust.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the key thing to understand about Mr Robot is that from the first season it may seem like it's just doing an edgy Fight Club thing but the following seasons deconstruct a lot of the stuff from the first season and turn it into something a lot more nuanced than "More like... Evil Corp, get it maaaan?"

As an add on the audience is acting as a silent observer than the lead occasional acknowledges and we are made to view and process information through his very skewed pov it mostly works and some of the reveals about otherwise totally mundane info end up shocking because of it

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely it's one of the best television shows in the past decade. Season 2 can be a a bit of a slog at times but it finishes strong and season 3 is just fantastic throughout
Yeah, absolutely. As I said I'm not quite done season 2 yet but it's great. Fantastically shot and paced. I'll warn that the earliest few episodes feel reeeeaaaallly edgy but it mostly tapers off (or at least you get acclimated to it) and when it does come back it's a little more knowing about it so don't let that deter you.

I'll definitely give it a watch then

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
can sony deliver a ps5 to my doorstep by Wednesday

i really want to play hitman 2 at 60fps and i am not buying it again!
152.png

Oct 27, 2017
Man they don't tell you in Slay the Spire that "at the start of your turn" means EVERY turn.

Also that third character you unlock is insane. I beat it first try with him with a MEGA overpowered block build that I stumbled into. Oddly enough I think the first character is the hardest by far.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Playing sick and panic from three different speakers at full volume is how I win
It was real radical of Vektroid to surprise drop the song of the year after I had all my lists all nice and buttoned-up.

Top 10 songs of the year:
Big Thief - Shoulders
Billy Woods & Kenny Segal - Houthi
death's dynamic shroud - Butterflies
Guided by Voices - The Rally Boys
Jute Gyte - Dissected Grace
Liturgy - GOD OF LOVE
Macintosh Plus - Sick & Panic
Mavi - Self Love
Mount Eerie - Widows
Richard Dawson - Jogging

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
iirc mr robot season 2 was a bit up its own ass
season 3 corrected and season 4 learned from season 2 which gave us an episode of the forever in "proxy authentication required"

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
iirc mr robot season 2 was a bit up its own ass
season 3 corrected and season 4 learned from season 2 which gave us an episode of the forever in "proxy authentication required"
I'm pretty sure it's all kind of up its own ass. It just has the panache to pull that off.

Oct 25, 2017
Mr Robot is absolutely operating under the assumption is the smartest prettiest boy at the school dance, so to speak. It's not, but it is very smart and very pretty all the same.

I guess the only thing I'd really say that it's a very emotionally cold show for me so whenever any relationship driven tension happens it rings hollow. It always has a staged feel to it

Status
Not open for further replies.