• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Serenity's entertainment value comes from reading about the twist from a baffled blogger, not from actually watching it.

May 5, 2018
Wow guys, I can't believe they have site now where you can run fantasy leagues based on how well you think games will be critically acclaimed in Opencritic scores. What crazy person would run such a league.

Well, I'M THAT CRAZY PERSON! That's right. I'm starting a fantasy league on fantasycritic.com where members here in the GB ERA OT can compete and draft games they think will get the best general critical score. Here's a Link to sign up and a Link to the Giant Bomb Era OT League Commished by me, John Madden. On Fantasycritic.com, you select games that you think will receive good to excellent aggregate review scores based on Opencritic and 70 is the base line as to how many points you earn. For Instance, if you drafted Dragon Ball Kakarot Right Now which has an Opencritic score of 76, you'll earn 6 points. If you got AO Tennis 2 on your team which has a score of 68, you'll lose 2 points. Any game with a 70 Opencritic score will give you no points.

The way my league is set up is that there is a total of 10 people who can participate and each team will have 12 games on their teams. 8 of those will be drafted once I decide when the draft starts and the other 4 are pick up games. This is where players can bid fictional money (start off with 100 dollars) on undrafted games that might get a great score or a newly announced game that you think will review well. Whoever has the highest bid will trade in the amount of money in that bid for picking up that undrafted game (One again, your actual money IS NOT involved, its fake money used for the game).

You are also given 2 counterpicks picking two games that you think one person drafted will end up getting a lesser aggregate score than they think. This way, if you counterpicked a game like Dark Crystal Tactics: Age of Resistance and that game ends up scoring a 62 on Opencritic, the person who drafted or picked up that game will lose 8 points but you'll be rewarded 8 points. If however Dark Crystal Tactics gets an 87 on Opencritic, then the player that has that game earns 17 points and you'll lose 17 points.

I know I'm going into lots of detail about how this game works, but if you have any more questions on how this weird fantasy sports league work, here's the FAQ page for all of the answers. If you sign up and give me your display name her or in a personal message on Era, I'll look up the display name and then invite you into the league. And remember, this is a fantasy league just for fun. Its just for bragging rights on claiming how much you know about how certain video games will review.

Also I'm open to changing rules in my league if anyone thinks need adjustments.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow guys, I can't believe they have site now where you can run fantasy leagues based on how well you think games will be critically acclaimed in Opencritic scores. What crazy person would run such a league.

Well, I'M THAT CRAZY PERSON! That's right. I'm starting a fantasy league on fantasycritic.com where members here in the GB ERA OT can compete and draft games they think will get the best general critical score. Here's a Link to sign up and a Link to the Giant Bomb Era OT League Commished by me, John Madden. On Fantasycritic.com, you select games that you think will receive good to excellent aggregate review scores based on Opencritic and 70 is the base line as to how many points you earn. For Instance, if you drafted Dragon Ball Kakarot Right Now which has an Opencritic score of 76, you'll earn 6 points. If you got AO Tennis 2 on your team which has a score of 68, you'll lose 2 points. Any game with a 70 Opencritic score will give you no points.

The way my league is set up is that there is a total of 10 people who can participate and each team will have 12 games on their teams. 8 of those will be drafted once I decide when the draft starts and the other 4 are pick up games. This is where players can bid fictional money (start off with 100 dollars) on undrafted games that might get a great score or a newly announced game that you think will review well. Whoever has the highest bid will trade in the amount of money in that bid for picking up that undrafted game (One again, your actual money IS NOT involved, its fake money used for the game).

You are also given 2 counterpicks picking two games that you think one person drafted will end up getting a lesser aggregate score than they think. This way, if you counterpicked a game like Dark Crystal Tactics: Age of Resistance and that game ends up scoring a 62 on Opencritic, the person who drafted or picked up that game will lose 8 points but you'll be rewarded 8 points. If however Dark Crystal Tactics gets an 87 on Opencritic, then the player that has that game earns 17 points and you'll lose 17 points.

I know I'm going into lots of detail about how this game works, but if you have any more questions on how this weird fantasy sports league work, here's the FAQ page for all of the answers. If you sign up and give me your display name her or in a personal message on Era, I'll look up the display name and then invite you into the league. And remember, this is a fantasy league just for fun. Its just for bragging rights on claiming how much you know about how certain video games will review.

Never did a fantasy thing before :O

I joined! My username is Karspankey (#6388)

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

I'm in Madden

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Surge 2 is a pure and wholesome execution of anime Dark souls as opposed to the degeneracy of Code Vein.
Nice... I was thinking of maybe picking it up... The quicklook looked fucking ROUUUGGHHHHHH technical wise tho.

In other news... I just found out that the server you pick to play on in Tarkov actually has an impact on your matchmaking time (duh...).... So I just went from 10-12min matchmaking to 2-3min... This changes everything!

Oct 25, 2017
Nice... I was thinking of maybe picking it up... The quicklook looked fucking ROUUUGGHHHHHH technical wise tho.

In other news... I just found out that the server you pick to play on in Tarkov actually has an impact on your matchmaking time (duh...).... So I just went from 10-12min matchmaking to 2-3min... This changes everything!
It's a very stable experience now

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
tumblr_mbviubXDgV1qddevwo1_r1_500.gif

Oct 25, 2017
i think you're generally right

but also after playing surge 1 for a few hours i was bored to absolute tears with everything
If part of what you didn't like was the industrial environment and general vibe then Surge is a hellva lot more diverse (even though it's a modern cityscape) and got a good bit of verticality to it, along with that it's a tad bit "lighter" in tone.

Also code vein just sucks

May 5, 2018
OK we have a total of 5 publishers (teams) in my FantasyCritic League. I have 5 available spots left in case anyone else wants to Join.

I'm also thinking of starting the draft on one of these afternoons this week. Won't do it today since I'm giving more people the chance to join and in less than 2 hours, I have to go to work. Let me know what day works best for you all for the draft.

May 5, 2018
I can do this upcoming weekend. I requested time off on Saturday anyways for an event I'm going to so before that event I can start it. Will update at what time on Saturday I'll start the draft.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.... I get an alarming amount of cans of Monster Energy Drink where the pull tab just breaks right off when I pull it... This is so annoying... It happens like at least once a week for me.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
OK we have a total of 5 publishers (teams) in my FantasyCritic League. I have 5 available spots left in case anyone else wants to Join.

I'm also thinking of starting the draft on one of these afternoons this week. Won't do it today since I'm giving more people the chance to join and in less than 2 hours, I have to go to work. Let me know what day works best for you all for the draft.
If it's not full up when I'm off work in 5 hours I'll sign up

Feb 12, 2019
If part of what you didn't like was the industrial environment and general vibe then Surge is a hellva lot more diverse (even though it's a modern cityscape) and got a good bit of verticality to it, along with that it's a tad bit "lighter" in tone.

Also code vein just sucks
If I can't adjust the hair shininess of my incredibly stacked anime vampire waifu (or bishie boy anime vampire husbando) in The Surge 2, how am I supposed to even know if it's good or not? (in all seriousness I totally spent like an hour making a character in CV, which is something I never do.)

I'll absolutely buy that The Surge 2 is probably a better *playing* game than Code Vein, but it also seems like they didn't fix what bugged me about the first Surge (which is why I'm inevitably waiting for it to drop to $20.) There's a sluggish momentum to the way you move and swing weapons in that game that never quite felt right to me. It's a vast improvement over Lords of the Fallen, though, which felt like the main character was constantly wading through mud. I still think the team at Deck 13 is one or two games away from making something really special, but the only Souls-imitator that's really broken through for me is Nioh.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching that Blade Runner 2049 and this scene with the memory maker is some Kojima ass Kojima

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
profile says last seen today

Antiwhippy hi

Hey.

Just taking a mental break for awhile really. There was some With the negativity surrounding goty but it just made me realise it's more on me for not being able to handle some irl shit that's affecting me in general. I'll probably be back once I've got more of a handle on my own personal situation.

<3 y'all.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I should really get to it and finish Dark Souls 3... I'm so fucking close to the end.... I'm at the first DLC boss then I have another DLC zone and then the game's final boss...

That DLC boss is really annoying tho

I think my next "soul" game will be Surge 2 but it bugs me that, right now, the only place it's on sale is on GOG...bleh

Last edited:

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was in Dublin last week and all the tv was talking about Saoirse Ronan, was real cute they're very proud of her and rightly so!

Status
Not open for further replies.