• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2019
I'm watching the 11/22 UPF and why is the opening segment of UPF always so awful? I don't claim to come to GiantBomb for games coverage, but I can barely endure the pre-game segment of UPF every week.
I've been really hating that opening segment lately, It's worthless. It used to be fun when it is like 5 mins of them talking about their week, but now it's just inane chatter that goes on for at lease 15-20 mins. And it is holding content hostage. Jeff said a couple weeks ago, there was some hardware thing he had planned for the last segment for UPF but he "wasn't able to get to it". Instead we got I think either them going on about energy drinks for 15 minutes or Business Dave doing his top 10 that takes almost half an hour for some reason. I know it's their show and they can do what they want, but from a customer and viewer standpoint, UPF isn't worth tuning into until the 20 minute mark at least.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I've been really hating that opening segment lately, It's worthless. It used to be fun when it is like 5 mins of them talking about their week, but now it's just inane chatter that goes on for at lease 15-20 mins. And it is holding content hostage. Jeff said a couple weeks ago, there was some hardware thing he had planned for the last segment for UPF but he "wasn't able to get to it". Instead we got I think either them going on about energy drinks for 15 minutes or Business Dave doing his top 10 that takes almost half an hour for some reason. I know it's their show and they can do what they want, but from a customer and viewer standpoint, UPF isn't worth tuning into until the 20 minute mark at least.
dave's top ten is the best content on the site

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Them playing games is the worst part of UPF

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
My one day old Oculus Quest is bricked and Oculus Support we're incompetent and rude. The worst customer service experience I have ever had and I've had to deal with Telstra.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
During Steal My Sunshine: Ep 10 (around the 1:00:25 mark) Vinny very clearly says "This is the Run: Cuphead"

so add that to the list of star-crossed features.

Oct 27, 2017
tfw halfway through DrBorisGoltz's post and hoping he's OK
After a brief adrenaline rush I tried to run after my cargo, saw a ladder somebody placed and thought, optimistically, that it would act as a dam and stop my cargo from going any further. Instead it nearly destroyed everything, and in a panic I jumped in to collect as much as I could only to be swept away myself.

It's a good game.

Oct 27, 2017

UPF is the one bit of GB I just can't watch anymore, I liked it a lot more when it was more of a 'show and tell' for the crew and less of a 'fuck it lets sit here for 2 hours and see what happens'.

I'm sure it's better live but archived it feels like watching a room full of people who'd rather go home, I actually quite like the business Dave bits that I've seen because some work has gone into them and the rest of the team stays focused on it while it happens.

Sep 12, 2018
x3eO4Xs.jpg

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing them act so solemn about Super Mario Maker 2 is a bummer. It's not as fresh as the first game and yes, the creation tools are not as intuitive as the Wii U gamepad, but it is overall a better game than the first. The single player mode is incredibly robust with creative levels, the added features give a seemingly unlimited amount of options, and I feel that the overall quality of player levels is higher. I think because there was really no way to stream level creation it really fell on the backburner at GB, although Get On My Level was a nice compromise.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
just remember that this originally came out years before 0

I have no idea why they're even releasing this, beyond maybe wanting to put out the Switch 3-in-1 bundle at some point
It was probably fairly easy and cheap to translate it to the US to squeeze a bit more money out of the franchise. I didn't realize this came out way before 0, but I knew there were several other VNs from S;G that explore other worldlines and were far more fanservice-y or dating sim than the original.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing them act so solemn about Super Mario Maker 2 is a bummer. It's not as fresh as the first game and yes, the creation tools are not as intuitive as the Wii U gamepad, but it is overall a better game than the first. The single player mode is incredibly robust with creative levels, the added features give a seemingly unlimited amount of options, and I feel that the overall quality of player levels is higher. I think because there was really no way to stream level creation it really fell on the backburner at GB, although Get On My Level was a nice compromise.
I bet it wins most disappointing during goty

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

I think the show might end up being good, guys.

Maybe the games are skewing my perspective and this is actually representative of the what the books are all about, but this seems reeeally Game of Thrones-y to me. Big battle scenes, tons of royal political intrigue, etc. It just seems more like a story set in the Continent that Geralt happens to participate in, rather than a story about Gerry doing his thing. Maybe it's just the way they're cutting these trailers, but it comes off as Netflix wanting their own, big fantasy show and using The Witcher as the vehicle for that.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like Jeff's enthusiasm about the new COD and I'm feeling it too. I liked the campaign and I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vinny just told his "don't get cocky" story again despite having told it probably less than 2 months ago. And no one seems to have remembered? Is GBEast okay?!

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the games are skewing my perspective and this is actually representative of the what the books are all about, but this seems reeeally Game of Thrones-y to me. Big battle scenes, tons of royal political intrigue, etc. It just seems more like a story set in the Continent that Geralt happens to participate in, rather than a story about Gerry doing his thing. Maybe it's just the way they're cutting these trailers, but it comes off as Netflix wanting their own, big fantasy show and using The Witcher as the vehicle for that.
Warfare and political intrigue were always pretty important parts of the series whether you're talking about the books or the games, and it's not like they ever shied away from depicting those things screen.

As for the disconnection they're jumping around in time so they can actually flesh out Ciri and Yennefer on screen (Apparently) so there's going to be some dislocation going on I think just by the nature of that and the fact that they're adapting separate short stories.

Oct 25, 2017
Should I stay awake and skip work tomorrow to see a bunch of meaningless awards, terrible music acts, cringy jokes and maybe a neat trailer or two?

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017

I think for Jeff at least, building levels was a big part of what he enjoyed about the game. IIRC he is not as into Mario games as say, Dan or Patrick to just play them for their own sake.

At lest, we did a feature out of MM2. And it's pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.