• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I ended up only needed to go to two, but both islands had like 4 rocks a piece.

Edit: I also assume everyone is using the hole trick to maximize rock output?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'll gladly take the L on this, after a few weak levels, it seems Doom Eternal does indeed get good

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get no iron but I stole some palm trees from another island so now I have peaches and coconuts. my wealth will know no bounds.

7 gifts from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 7 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Dead Rising 4 - Won by JG_Lionheart JG_Lionheart (11 entries)
  • Steam Steam: STRIDER - Won by Teddified Teddified (5 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil Revelations 2: EPISODE 1 ONLY - Won by Teddified Teddified (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER - Won by Young Liar Young Liar (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil Revelaitons - Won by Anth0ny Anth0ny (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen - Won by Mozar Mozar (14 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil HD REMASTER - Won by Anth0ny Anth0ny (14 entries)

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for reminding me to put Strider back on the to-play list. I only got half-way through last time before getting sidetracked but I was enjoying it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Also good for money rocks.
Wait what's this about rocks and holes?
rx496b0.jpg

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not on the Doom/Animal Crossing train?

I'm just doing Red Dead dailies and collector stuff - up to 25,000 cash and 80 gold

Also finally started Uncharted 4 and played up to Chapter 6 of that.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Is it better to hit rocks with a shovel or an axe?
Shovel works okay and that's what I've been using since the first game. Usually end up with 9 drops and at least 3 iron ore. I haven't tried it with an axe using the same setup, but supposedly the axe will give gold nuggets, tho very rarely. Those, outside of selling them for 10k, might be used for gold tools.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
ooooh I forgot you could plant bells too, was wondering why the hole was shining still

I did a lot of random miles bonus stuff last night, but I definitely should try to get pulled in by that less and play the other games that I neglected for the past month... no real need to do a ton of extra stuff each day beyond getting the buildings set up, hmm. I cleaned up all the weeds on the parts of the island I could get to, farmed all the wood I could (which I can probably neglect for a while now), and finished the store/museum requirements. Paid off the house upgrade thanks to some lucky fishing and finding apples on one of the islands too. I just sold all of them since "mom" had sent 3 apples already, so I already have those to plant.

EDIT: Oh, does only the axe give gold nuggets? I'll switch back to that, then. I did get one of them, but it's sitting in my storage with no use currently.

Oct 25, 2017
ugh I need seven more iron to unlock the store. I made it harder on myself by accidentally getting rid of two rocks on my island by putting tents on them. Didn't know I would need them later.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Am I supposed to be de-weeding everywhere in Animal Crossing? Because I quite like how they give the environment a more natural look.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a 4 hours stream of Animal Crossing from one of my favorite youtube last night and while I can totally see the appeal, I don't think it's for me

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
oh RIP I didn't realize that the ability to dig up trees I saw people talking about meant taking the tree??

coulda stolen all those apple trees from that island and had a nice orchard going, hmm

Oct 27, 2017
Was on an amazing Isaac run with a cool item synergy I'd never seen before. Literally on the last level when I stumbled into a D6 room which rerolled my character completely for the worse and I wasn't able to beat the last boss 😣

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
oh RIP I didn't realize that the ability to dig up trees I saw people talking about meant taking the tree??

coulda stolen all those apple trees from that island and had a nice orchard going, hmm
Wait, you can dig up the whole tree?

Edit: Ah, it's based around eating fruit. I also found out I got a cedar tree I need to move.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Between Ori and Doom I'm really feeling out of touch with the GB OT.

But with the rest of the forum being consumed by covid and console wars I think I'll just stay here for a while.
Do not worry, you are not alone. I am having the time of my life when it comes to Doom Eternal. I get the complaints but I feel like people are too quick to judge especially since this is a 10+ hour game. Honestly, it feels like I am playing a Bayonetta/DMC/Ninja Gaiden type of game but in first person mode and it feels incredible when you chain all the systems together to form a melody of carnage. It's exhilarating. I do not have a full opinion of the story as of yet but I dig the larger than life aspect and characters of the story itself as the Doom Slayer is just doing his own thing while everyone is like NO YOU CAN'T IT'S NOT MEANT TO HAPPEN.etc so I am looking forward to the Slayer's messing of the systems that governs Doom's universe as a whole and what that might entail. The even larger focus on the codex is the only thing I am disappointed about, they went with the Remedy route.

I also very much appreciate the use of color and large vistas, the art design is top notch especially when compared to the brown and reds look of 2016. I am also glad Mick Gordon is much more experimental this time around. You do not just get sick riffs but also atmospheric melodic tones as well as haunting chants.