• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh right, Breakpoint. I've wanted to play it since Rob Zacny talked about it on Waypoint Radio.
They seemingly patched it a bunch (outside of adding back in AI teammates a la Wildlands which honestly I'm glad aren't there) and made it more of the survival game it was sold as, so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
welcome to the fold

im actually playing it right now. im so close to having everything done
...Everything?!

map_2268.jpg

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
decided to just hop into Nioh 1 finally after seeing all these "the sequel feels more like an expansion" comments

spent 10+ hours in the beta and loved it, and man, talk about an expansion

also, love that the start of the game is so Dark Souls 1-y, except you're an Irish dude imprisoned in the Tower of London, along with a spirit named Saoirse

all in all, good stuff so far

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
ac odyssey tip

set it to the easiest settings

do everything

leezard
I dunno, I have it on the hardest difficulty (scaling enemies to my level) and enjoy my time with it. Breaking its systems to get ahead is part of the fun.
Pro tip

DON'T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING
but
welcome to the fold

im actually playing it right now. im so close to having everything done

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna say it, the content output over the last week or so has been amazing.
I know being happy and satisfied with GB content isn't what this thread is about but still.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just gonna say it, the content output over the last week or so has been amazing.
I know being happy and satisfied with GB content isn't what this thread is about but still.
It's been so good! I've been watching Jeff and co since I was in single digits so there's something distinctly comforting for me about GB videos in times of stress. This flood of quarantine content has been such a relief to see.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
just bought assassin's creed odyssey??

woo

felt pessimistic about Odyssey after hearing about the ways it diverged from Origins, but it was a very fun time anyway

need to go back and do the DLC for both those games at some point

I'm like the only person that loves that anti-imperial England story of Nioh 1, for some reason. Either none of the usual suspects cared enough to finish it or I have horrible taste in storytelling. Must be the first one.

This real life right hand of Queen Elizabeth I is literally the last boss of the epilogue.

haha, we'll see, but I dig what it's doing so far

on another note, is it just me or does Ki Pulse feel wayyy more forgiving than it was in the beta? also don't recall that nifty UI feature where you can see how much Ki it'll rejuvenate at any given point

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The thing people forget is that since the beginning of this year (even before this pandemic) GB's content output has been fantastic - they have just shaken it up and done even more since they've been streaming from home. January had so many Clew Crews, Pokemonday Night Combats, FMVinny games, Ben playing Halo etc. They've been on a tear since 2020 started (since dan left)

Oct 27, 2017
I read off topic a lot and it's the most depressing shit. You see replies in threads about Trumps rising approval ratings like "wait a couple weeks and it'll drop" and as much as I wish I was wrong, it's time to face that the general consensus on this forum doesn't match the real world at fucking all.

Same with this Biden stuff... my mom who obsessively follows politics didn't say SHIT about this rape accusation. It's like it's not even on her radar.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I read off topic a lot and it's the most depressing shit. You see replies in threads about Trumps rising approval ratings like "wait a couple weeks and it'll drop" and as much as I wish I was wrong, it's time to face that the general consensus on this forum doesn't match the real world at fucking all.

Same with this Biden stuff... my mom who obsessively follows politics didn't say SHIT about this rape accusation. It's like it's not even on her radar.

This forum is the least indicative of real life I know. Don't let it get you down and don't take it too seriously. Best to go to your own trusted sources and make up your own mind. It's kind of insane around here imho.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
What are the top five?

All I know is Connor is last.
In no particular order:

The Frye twins (Jacob is a bisexual icon)
Bayek (There's more emotion from him in the fucked-up opening hour of that game than in the entirety of ACO combined)
Ezio (He's Ezio Auditore da-Goddamn-Firenze)
Altair (Revelations retroactively made him a good character)

Kassandra's fine, much like the rest of the game. But the broad Witcher 3-wannabe dialogue system made her kind of bland by nature because she has to have different moods and reactions at all times despite canonical things so they never nail the character down, except for (I believe) Mykonos. That was the tight, interweaving, character-defining stuff that echoed the better arcs in Witcher 3.

And she's better as the protagonist, because Alexios is better as you-know-who with his douchey edgelord energy.

Also, I've turned a corner on Connor and AC3 in the past few years (possibly because of the AC4/FC/ACR games smoothing it out). That game was really going for something, but it feels like it fell victim to a couple really bad editing and design choices a year before release and so fucked up the entire presentation of something that was actually ambitious. Hell even the combat animations are more elaborate and punchy than anything that has come from the series since and that thing is almost 8 years old. It just had a ME3-tier disaster of a resolution and waaaay too much stuff locked behind tutorialization.

Oct 25, 2017
Alexios is the better protagonist, there, I said it. The voice actor for Kassandra is better at the cold anger that they need for the other role, and whoever voices Alexios had a good Nathan Drake a-like swagger.

But the most important thing is they're both huge dweebs and the correct way to role-play them is being total losers.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
wonder if we're far enough away from state of decay 2 that I could dive back in with this juggernaut stuff.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Alexios' voice actor credit for his fairly convincing reaction to the kid with clay friends. He's not as bad as the internet has made him to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Alexios is the better protagonist, there, I said it. The voice actor for Kassandra is better at the cold anger that they need for the other role, and whoever voices Alexios had a good Nathan Drake a-like swagger.

But the most important thing is they're both huge dweebs and the correct way to role-play them is being total losers.
yeah i prefer alexios as the protagonist. kassandra is great but she is way better in the other role. maybe its because i play him as a total try hard idiot who means well, but alexios in the other role does not work for me and i cant take him seriously