• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yves is too interested in protecting the integrity of the game the microtransactions.

Case in point: Breakpoint has some kind of anti-cheat spyware called Battleye and the multiplayer is like 10% of the game.
Yeah this too. They are very protective about these games they provide such customizable experiences for.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i kind of see the logic with doom eternals upgrade systems being partitioned out into extremely seperate chunks but the way it presents it doesn't really do it any favours.

still, that game has really good rampup with weapons and stuff

it's kind of funny that a lot of critics kind of ragged on the game popping up a 'here's how you defeat an enemy' thing the first time you see a guy. But I did turn that off halfway through

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I honestly don't get everyone ragging on Jeff's bombcast comments on Alyx. He literally admitted he's playing the game in maybe the least ideal way possible due to circumstances, wants to continue seeing it through, and went into detail about some of the issues he's having. He mentioned he was jealous of everyone experiencing the game like it was probably meant to be played. Like...I don't know what more you want out of the man, lol

People are ridiculous sometimes

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't get everyone ragging on Jeff's bombcast comments on Alyx. He literally admitted he's playing the game in maybe the least ideal way possible due to circumstances, wants to continue seeing it through, and went into detail about some of the issues he's having. He mentioned he was jealous of everyone experiencing the game like it was probably meant to be played. Like...I don't know what more you want out of the man, lol

People are ridiculous sometimes

hes right about that if u are holding a pipe in VR you should be able to beat the crap outta stuff with it especially in a half life game

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Glad to see Wasteland 3 getting some attention on that Rorie stream. That game looks great, Wasteland 2 was a solid foundation in the early days of the CRPG renaissance.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
hes right about that if u are holding a pipe in VR you should be able to beat the crap outta stuff with it especially in a half life game
also during his stream he was getting off an elevator and there were soldiers surrounding him, holding him up. he was just shoving the soldiers and they brushed it off. jeff was saying they should straight up murder him if he shoved them, and the game should restart him at the elevator. this is basic vr stuff - stuff like that (and the pipe) *does* break immersion.

but no, jeff is crazy for not praising this as the GOAT when he's playing it on a sub-optimal setup

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
also during his stream he was getting off an elevator and there were soldiers surrounding him, holding him up. he was just shoving the soldiers and they brushed it off. jeff was saying they should straight up murder him if he shoved them, and the game should restart him at the elevator. this is basic vr stuff - stuff like that (and the pipe) *does* break immersion.

but no, jeff is crazy for not praising this as the GOAT when he's playing it on a sub-optimal setup
Old Valve would've still created an experience that could been enjoyed despite it being sub optimal, see the Ant-Lion stage in HL2.

alyx is definitely not old valve. That magic is dead.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
if people are upset about jeff not loving alyx, wait till they hear the beastcast and bakalar complaining about it only being on VR the god system.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Old Valve would've still created an experience that could been enjoyed despite it being sub optimal, see the Ant-Lion stage in HL2.

I find the range of input methods alyx supports kind of impressive. You can't really bridge all differences in input methods though.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured out (read in the OT) the one simple trick Marauders don't want you to know about and now they are a joke. Much more annoyed by those Arch Viles now.

When they glow green blast em with the super shotty then use the last weapon button to immediately swap to the gauss gun/rail gun/whatever they're calling it this time and blast 'em again. Only takes like 4-5 cycles of that or something. I still think they're stupid enemies though because it's literally like "drop whatever you're doing and just stand here like a dumbass at just the right range and wait for them to do the thing". It's not interesting. It reminds me of Skyward Sword where most of the combat boiled down to waiting for an opening, which just isn't interesting gameplay to me ever. Shielding mobs in Diablo 3? Fuck off with that, let me do damage.

Anyway I'm downloading Breakpoint now, maybe I'll like that. I tried Division 2, bought it for 5 bucks, but playing solo it's just really boring and easy to me. I don't like the feel of the shooting very much. I only did maybe 3 missions but I think what I loved about TD1 was the NYC snowy setting. I liked that game a lot, but this time around it's doing very little for me.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I figured out the one simple trick Marauders don't want you to know about and now they are a joke. Much more annoyed by those Arch Viles now.

When they glow green blast em with the super shotty then use the last weapon button to immediately swap to the gauss gun/rail gun/whatever they're calling it this time and blast 'em again. Only takes like 4-5 cycles of that or something. I still think they're stupid enemies though because it's literally like "drop whatever you're doing and just stand here like a dumbass at just the right range and wait for them to do the thing". It's not interesting. It reminds me of Skyward Sword where most of the combat boiled down to waiting for an opening, which just isn't interesting gameplay to me ever. Shielding mobs in Diablo 3? Fuck off with that, let me do damage.

Anyway I'm downloading Breakpoint now, maybe I'll like that. I tried Division 2, bought it for 5 bucks, but playing solo it's just really boring and easy to me. I don't like the feel of the shooting very much. I only did maybe 3 missions but I think what I loved about TD1 was the NYC snowy setting. I liked that game a lot, but this time around it's doing very little for me.

Does breakpoint give you an AI squad? Cause that made Wildlands trivially easy.

Playing with friends was way harder than solo (up to a point).

Oct 25, 2017

I mean that's a crazy thing to label as a legitimate complaint, but whatev.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Weren't the soldiers pushing him back?

Seems to be a bit nitpick to say "they should've just killed me". He seems to hang to these little things a ton.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't the soldiers pushing him back?

Seems to be a bit nitpick to say "they should've just killed me". He seems to hang to these little things a ton.
That's Jeff. Find a few minor things and then harp on them until the end of time. He's fucking still talking about how he saw Jurassic Park in theaters and didn't like it.

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading Breakpoint and I continue to be impressed with how elegant Ubisoft handles language in their games.
Probably not a big deal for most people here but being able to easily change the language and even have the option to display subtitles and menu stuff in a different language is great for someone like me who prefers English VA over German. But having all the menus in German, while not necessary, is really, really nice. I also cannot imagine it's that complicated to do.
Compare that to Animal Crossing where I have to switch the system settings, it's just really cool. Or compared to fucking Borderlands 3 which inexplicably doesn't use your Steam language settings but your OS settings so you have to fiddle around in the console to get it to change language.

Alyx is one of the most magical gaming experience I've had in years. I cannot stop marveling at it.
Opinions and all.

Last edited:

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
lol I can't wait until GOTY now, their Alyx opinions are gonna drive people crazy when it doesn't even make the list.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
i gotta look for shooting stars to make my

~*star wand*~

so I did this last night for uhh over 200 wishes, which was probably like 10x overkill, but I got the miles reward from it and will become magical today

just sucks because I started playing it pretty late last night only to discover the meteor shower, so instead of being able to use it to multitask with some other games I've still kinda been ignoring while wishing, I kinda just drained energy in gacha games for the night while also staying up too much

but now I'll have a wand, so

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i like that people are once again getting worked up about the HL universe and story despite it being the most mundane shit imaginable

just WHo is the GMAN?!

who the fuck cares

I might have cared a little once but I really cannot imagine carrying that torch for 20+ years. The same goes for things like Shenmue 3. Too little, too late.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Listened to the Bombast yesterday... did Jeff unlock a new tier of cynicism and indifference from having a child? It's honestly kind of off-putting just hearing them talk with so little excitement about the three big releases, to the point where it's just not a very enjoyable listen. I have no problem with them feeling the way they do but I'm struggling to enjoy listening to a lot of their takes these days.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
so I did this last night for uhh over 200 wishes, which was probably like 10x overkill, but I got the miles reward from it and will become magical today

just sucks because I started playing it pretty late last night only to discover the meteor shower, so instead of being able to use it to multitask with some other games I've still kinda been ignoring while wishing, I kinda just drained energy in gacha games for the night while also staying up too much

but now I'll have a wand, so
I've yet to see a meteor shower :/

I do have a campsite going up tho for new villagers.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
In the same boat as Jeff on the whole Last of Us Part II thing. I don't think i'm up for something like that during this trying time.

Anyway, hopefully everyone is doing okay and staying safe.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
gonna go to the post office again
last time the one i tried was closed cause of the pandemic so yeah i get it
hopefully i can mail this ebay stuff

i also will sit and cry over my toothache

also i will start assassin's creed oddyboddy

Oct 25, 2017
So what's everyone doing this weekend...

I'm gonna binge Season 10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
finish ac odyssey if i dont do it today

play the other ac. im so behind compared to my friends who have their town decked out and im only on the 2nd house upgrade

try to read a book i checked out from the library ages ago but will probably end up reading fanfic trash instead