• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I didn't understand how counterpicking worked and chose FF7. I'm screwed unless it ends up sucking somehow? My best hope is that it's a mid-80s game.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Geoff Bakalar's rant about Half-Life: Alyx being VR only is one "A disservice to gamers everywhere!" away from being a reddit or forum post

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Bakalar is taking an admirable stance against the 1% that can afford expensive PCs and VR rigs and the space to use them effectively. He is a working class hero and I will not stand idly by while his name is besmirched

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
I spent 90 minutes on one Doom Eternal level yesterday and I feel like I'm only halfway through it

Why is the game like this

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Bakalar is taking an admirable stance against the 1% that can afford expensive PCs and VR rigs and the space to use them effectively. He is a working class hero and I will not stand idly by while his name is besmirched
You mean you don't have 2 grand lying around to play one video game

Oct 25, 2017
I don't consider Doom Eternal canon so Doom Guy doesn't actually talk at all

Geoff Bakalar's rant about Half-Life: Alyx being VR only is one "A disservice to gamers everywhere!" away from being a reddit or forum post
The funniest thing is that Alyx would not work as a "normal" game at all.
Zombies move extra slow and you don't fight more than three Combines at once at pretty much all time (I haven't finished the game yet but so far you always fight 2 Combine at once at most). Playing it with a mouse and keyboard would be incredibly boring. But it super works as a VR game. Especially for me cause the Half Life 2 art design is extremely my thing.
One day some mod is going to rip VR out of Alyx and then everybody will be like "what the hell, this is super boring!"

Oct 25, 2017
Tiny angry lady and her dumb as hell big lad boyfriend is the ideal comedic romantic pairing and it's why Slayers in an evergreen title.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I don't consider Doom Eternal canon so Doom Guy doesn't actually talk at all

The funniest thing is that Alyx would not work as a "normal" game at all.
Zombies move extra slow and you don't fight more than three Combines at once at pretty much all time (I haven't finished the game yet but so far you always fight 2 Combine at once at most). Playing it with a mouse and keyboard would be incredibly boring. But it super works as a VR game. Especially for me cause the Half Life 2 art design is extremely my thing.
One day some mod is going to rip VR out of Alyx and then everybody will be like "what the hell, this is super boring!"

I believe that it wouldn't work as a non-VR version. Only watched a couple of minutes on a stream and saw a puzzle to block a wheel with a pipe. In a non-VR that would be holding a button and then pressing another button. But because of the interactivity and physics seeing that puzzle was amazing to see for me.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Looks like my FF7R came! The vinyl collection off Amazon finally showed up
62MbKET.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a judgement on GB or their capabilities or anything, but I wonder if having all of these streams is going to affect what the community expectations look like when we're on the other side of this. Having a crew like this doing daily streams, trading off every 2-3 hours is kinda what people have been asking about for years.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the Hitman Blood Money level

This isn't a judgement on GB or their capabilities or anything, but I wonder if having all of these streams is going to affect what the community expectations look like when we're on the other side of this. Having a crew like this doing daily streams, trading off every 2-3 hours is kinda what people have been asking about for years.

Yeah for sure... Except for some very specific stuff that they can't do from outside the office, I much prefer their output since that whole wfh started...

May 5, 2018
Let's Go! First I catch an Oarfish last night and now this morning a Sturgeon! I love that in Animal Crossing villagers will clap for you when you show off a rare fish you catch. Or they may clap for any fish you catch but still this is cute as heck:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
yeah. feels bad. but also kind of good? really debated cancelling it but knew i would regret it if i did.
Ehh...I'd rather have higher quality LPs than pictures any day, even if they look pretty darn sweet.

I will say it does sound fine for the most part, tho there was some real nasty popping at the start of side A. Images look good.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I spent 90 minutes on one Doom Eternal level yesterday and I feel like I'm only halfway through it

Why is the game like this
i think i started and stopped """"taras nabad""""" two days in a row after playing for like 20 minutes each time because of how obnoxious it was, including a great secret challenge where i had to kill a marauder in 30 seconds and it refused to cooperate until it finally did, and i failed anyway because the glory kill animation lasted too long and the enemy doesn't count as dead until it finishes

there are parts of that game where it comes off like they had a brainstorming meeting at id early in production, hugo martin and marty stratton stood up at the whiteboard and said "okay, we swear that we'll put everyone's suggestion into the game, or our souls will be forfeit to the dark prince of the earth, satan"

then the rest of the team assumed they were joking, so they shouted out a bunch of joke suggestions like "tentacles that pop up out of the ground," "goo that restricts all movement," "radioactive swimming sections," and "a guy with an axe who you shouldn't shoot and it's random what he does and he has a ghost wolf," and then they looked up and hugo and marty were already slicing their palms with the ceremonial dagger over the blood candle