• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my movies anywhere account is stacked

Yx4FRKn.png

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers doing phrenology on Aeris' face in the FF7R intro video. Why are they like this. "her chin is 5% smaller" good grief imagine noticing this. simps.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the only time I'll allow this behavior is if it's someone in a character creator for an hour tweaking every little thing about their custom character to be just perfect

but doing side by side shots comparing bone structure is very weird please be normal gamers!

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wish I still had the patience for detailed character customisation but these days I just pick a preset, tweak it a bit, think "Yeah that'll do" and move on.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only time I'll allow this behavior is if it's someone in a character creator for an hour tweaking every little thing about their custom character to be just perfect

but doing side by side shots comparing bone structure is very weird please be normal gamers!
I used to do that but now I'm also like, tired, and old, and not having that much time to game, so I rarely spend that much time in character creators anymore. Just wanna play the game. But lord did I spend a lot of time doing that in Fallout 4. I created a pretty good Ellie at one point. Bigh screenshots: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....371/011AABAC552C049CB2B5902FB99D929229EEEAEC/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....882/18BF0B5FC9E7F098998C17E7899CC238BA127C8E/

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
the Beastcasts getting a little boring, it feels like they just do the same bits. maybe theres just nothing to talk about but theres gotta be something better than Call of Duty and download sizes

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Woah, that's a good Ellie.

Depending on the game, I can spend an absurd amount of time making a character. Way more time if I know that the character will appear in cutscenes or if the face is not hidden by a damn helmet.

Fallout 4 took me hours to leave the vault.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If there's a way to make a believably old looking person then I might put the time in.

Though I did that with Dragon Age Origins and the first character I met was a much younger woman who was apparently my mother. I'm always mildly entertained by making an old man character when the game clearly wants them to be a young adult.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I find myself spending more time creating backstories for my characters than customizing their faces. So many games prevent you from seeing them regularly (helmets, first person view, third person behind the back view) that at some point I wonder if I'm actually going to notice when I move their nose up two pips on the slider.

That said, if you all want a good character creator, I can shill Monster Hunter some more. It's no big deal. Honest.

Oct 27, 2017
I almost always try to make the worst looking character possible. I like to see how far those sliders will go. I want moles, scars, massive under bites, skin tone colored lips, platinum blonde dreads, a totally whack height to width ratio, pupils the same color as the rest of the eye, beard with no mustache, and mutton chops.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Pizza I'm getting for lunch today

Sausage Florentine Pizza
Garlic sauce, mozzarella, spinach, red onions, sweet&spicy red pepper and sausage, topped with fresh mozzarella slices and bacon.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
another thing wrong about us gamers, we're often so media-ignorant that we try to attach anything to our videogames as its the only frame of reference we have. see: green knight is dark souls!!!!

(watch the director talk about how it actually was inspired by dark souls and then call me out as a big dumb idiot boy)

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza I'm getting for lunch today

Sausage Florentine Pizza
Garlic sauce, mozzarella, spinach, red onions, sweet&spicy red pepper and sausage, topped with fresh mozzarella slices and bacon.

I could do without the spinach but otherwise I am very very jealous

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a way to make a believably old looking person then I might put the time in.

Though I did that with Dragon Age Origins and the first character I met was a much younger woman who was apparently my mother. I'm always mildly entertained by making an old man character when the game clearly wants them to be a young adult.
While funny, that inconsistency drives me nuts since I like having my mcs fit into the world.

I wish rpgs would give you a short backstory about the mc before character creation. They'll encourage you to make whoever you want but it's clear the story they want to tell has a certain mc age and look in mind.

I made a grizzled vet in nwn2. Once the game starts, I find out they're sheltered and their bffs are like 18. Had to recreate my character all over again.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The FF7R trailer sparked an FF discussion at work and out of fucking nowhere my brain went "Hmmm... Maybe you should give FF15 another try?"

....the fuck..

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any downsides to using the Bethesda launcher outside of "It's not Steam"? Because if not I'll gladly go for that to save some cash.

edit: looks like it's the wrong region for me anyway.
It's "only" 16% off on GMG right now but they have promo on it all the time so you could keep an eye on that page for potentially a better deal before release
www.greenmangaming.com

DOOM Eternal | PC - Bethesda | Game Keys

Pick up your DOOM Eternal PC copy from Green Man Gaming today and remember to sign in for our best price

don't do it, your brain is trying to trick you into playing bad games
I know I know.... I have been thinking about playing FFX again tho... I never actually finished it. Not sure if I'd want to grab it on PC or Switch tho

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal is by far the earliest I've ever pre-ordered a game

Usually, I wait until the pre-loads are up but I pre-ordered on 1/24/20 for DOOM!

Sep 12, 2018
It's "only" 16% off on GMG right now but they have promo on it all the time so you could keep an eye on that page for potentially a better deal before release
www.greenmangaming.com

DOOM Eternal | PC - Bethesda | Game Keys

Pick up your DOOM Eternal PC copy from Green Man Gaming today and remember to sign in for our best price
I went and bought it full priced on Steam when I saw this version uses Bethesda's launcher lol.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

Usually, I wait until the pre-loads are up but I pre-ordered on 1/24/20 for DOOM!
I pre-ordered mine on June 15th because I had a 20$ off coupon haha... For a while I was legit worried that I would forget that I have it already pre-ordered and buy it a second time somewhere else lol.

I just realized that this was probably right after I saw this hahahahaha

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth

Really? I pre-ordered REmake 2 /3 the second they were up but that's even less time between release then when I shopped at GameStop as a kid.

I think I pre-ordered Halo 2 well over a year before it came out.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I love character creators and will happily spend way too long making my character

but I can not recreate characters or people for the life of me, respect to those who have the talent
The FF7R trailer sparked an FF discussion at work and out of fucking nowhere my brain went "Hmmm... Maybe you should give FF15 another try?"

....the fuck..
there's like one really good part of ffxv and it's not worth the hassle to get to it

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I love character creators and will happily spend way too long making my character

but I can not recreate characters or people for the life of me, respect to those who have the talent

there's like one really good part of ffxv and it's not worth the hassle to get to it
Speaking of character creator.... I almost wonder why the Wolcen bothered... It's nice to have one but there's like 5 options...

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
The only character creator I spent a lot of time in was Bloodborne because I had it in me to make Ash from the Evil Dead films and it took so much time that I vowed to never spend that much time ever again on a character creator especially one that is as limited as that.

4egJV98.jpg

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The only character creator I spent a lot of time in was Bloodborne because I had it in me to make Ash from the Evil Dead films and it took so much time that I vowed to never spend that much time ever again on a character creator especially one that is as limited as that.

4egJV98.jpg
The Bloodborne discussion on the Beastcast really makes me want to go back to that game but at this point I want to wait to see if there's gonna be a PC version.

Also I should go back to Surge 2 since I am literally at the last boss...

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will never not bring up my andrew house from ufc 2

UZniU46h.png

pqv5H93h.png

CC3X83ph.png

Really? I pre-ordered REmake 2 /3 the second they were up but that's even less time between release then when I shopped at GameStop as a kid.

I think I pre-ordered Halo 2 well over a year before it came out.

In my case, I'm digital-only so pre-ordering means paying the full price!