• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
DOOM Eternal is by far the earliest I've ever pre-ordered a game

Usually, I wait until the pre-loads are up but I pre-ordered on 1/24/20 for DOOM!
I think I preordered Super Smash Brothers Brawl ~2 years before it came out.

Then it got delayed twice and ended up coming out while I was out of town for Spring Break. Lesson learned.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's up movie watchers

just bought these three movies to get my feet wet

8OrfWEo.png

also in the bst thread trying to get a deal on parasite and joker 4k codes

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I think I preordered Super Smash Brothers Brawl ~2 years before it came out.

Then it got delayed twice and ended up coming out while I was out of town for Spring Break. Lesson learned.

I have had Metroid Prime 4 on pre-order since August 2018, still has the 20% discount on it too since I pre-ordered it right before they took away that program. At this point I'm not even sure I really want it but I feel like I almost need to see it through.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Was on a three hour flight so I finally saw that one movie, maybe you've heard of it, Joker

Some thoughts if you're really bored this morning and want to read person #176373828's
1. Those flashbacks had to be added after audience screenings or something right? Like if you couldn't follow that that whole relationship didn't exist the whole time I don't know what to tell you. All they needed was the "what's your name again?"

2. Why do the Wayne's have to be in everything. Just have no Wayne's, just once. Especially Bruce, you didn't need him. And of course the alley.

3. I'm really glad I missed most of the discourse on this movie. Between it being pretty half hearted on most of it's themes you're kind of left with a movie that says having nothing to say is bad but then barely having anything to say itself, other than like give more social funding for mental health? Maybe? It doesn't even commit to like a class warfare angle that people kept trying to compare parasite with it for.

It was fine. Shrug.

Sep 12, 2018
Was on a three hour flight so I finally saw that one movie, maybe you've heard of it, Joker

Some thoughts if you're really bored this morning and want to read person #176373828's
1. Those flashbacks had to be added after audience screenings or something right? Like if you couldn't follow that that whole relationship didn't exist the whole time I don't know what to tell you. All they needed was the "what's your name again?"

2. Why do the Wayne's have to be in everything. Just have no Wayne's, just once. Especially Bruce, you didn't need him. And of course the alley.

3. I'm really glad I missed most of the discourse on this movie. Between it being pretty half hearted on most of it's themes you're kind of left with a movie that says having nothing to say is bad but then barely having anything to say itself, other than like give more social funding for mental health? Maybe? It doesn't even commit to like a class warfare angle that people kept trying to compare parasite with it for.

It was fine. Shrug.
I liked the way it inverted the Wayne/Joker dynamic as having the family being the cause of all the rot in the city but yeah can't argue with any of this really. It's a movie that's one step away from having a really interesting and subversive class analysis but the director is too much of a centrist edgelord to carry through on any of it.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I liked the way it inverted the Wayne/Joker dynamic as having the family being the cause of all the rot in the city but yeah can't argue with any of this really. It's a movie that's one step away from having a really interesting and subversive class analysis but the director is too much of a centrist edgelord to carry through on any of it.
*Nods*
Someone take my movie buying hands away from me

Just said screw it and got Joker and Parasite as well

I'll check it out! Looks like a movie my Dad would also like too!
Its one of my favorite movies now! I love it.

Oct 25, 2017
look I don't want to asshole comic book fan this but the interpretation of the Waynes as being like any other corrupt family and Bruce not realizing this because of his early life tragedy and subsequent idolization of his parents is not a unique thing to the game.

The portrayal of the joker on the other hand is very unique, as was the take on Vicki Vale.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
look I don't want to asshole comic book fan this but the interpretation of the Waynes as being like any other corrupt family and Bruce not realizing this because of his early life tragedy and subsequent idolization of his parents is not a unique thing to the game.

The portrayal of the joker on the other hand is very unique, as was the take on Vicki Vale.

I didn't really mean to imply that it was, only that it had been done before, relatively recently.

I have not played it but the thing that made me want to was that it had a unique take on the Wayne family.

The first season is ok but not their best work. The second season on the other hand is really strong. In hindsight, that Telltale made it so good despite them knowing that it was going to flop at least as hard as the first one is admirable.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Not in a very good mood but it's not because of valentine's day. (Though that doesn't really help things either)

Wee! This work day is gonna be miserable.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I used to do that but now I'm also like, tired, and old, and not having that much time to game, so I rarely spend that much time in character creators anymore. Just wanna play the game. But lord did I spend a lot of time doing that in Fallout 4. I created a pretty good Ellie at one point. Bigh screenshots: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....371/011AABAC552C049CB2B5902FB99D929229EEEAEC/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....882/18BF0B5FC9E7F098998C17E7899CC238BA127C8E/
That IS a good Ellie!

Feb 12, 2019
The only character creator I've messed around with for any serious amount of time recently was Code Vein, in which I spent the better part of an hour making a pretty anime lady. Alas, the rest of that game is not nearly as impressive as the number of ways one can customize their anime vampire waifu/husbando and I fell off of it pretty hard.

I had forgotten it was Valentine's Day today.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm spending my Valentine's night making a pot of bean chilli, drinking rum, transcribing recipes from the internet into a notebook and utterly demolishing a bag of Mini-Eggs.

I might even deign to play a video game.

Nov 2, 2017
The best character creator systems are the ones with a bunch of decent looking and modifiable presets. Instead of spending hours messing with every little slider I can just select a good face, tweak a few things to make it my own and be done with it.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a Beastcast since Dan left without him being brought up. They're taking the break up hard huh.

3 gifts from Elite49

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from JohnnyToonami JohnnyToonami!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

JohnnyToonami said:
Found this Digital Copy slip a little while ago from one of my North American Box Sets.
The movies are in HD and work on MoviesAnywhere which should also put them in your Itunes and I believe Vudu catalogue.

These are our awesome prizes:

• MoviesAnywhere MoviesAnywhere: Jurassic Park - Won by Genesius Genesius (2 entries)
  • MoviesAnywhere MoviesAnywhere: The Lost World: Jurassic Park
  • MoviesAnywhere MoviesAnywhere: Jurassic Park III

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
or ya know, referencing someone that you interacted with for a long time is a pretty normal thing and not reflective of taking the 'break up' hard. jesus why cant some of you be normal.

this is not a normal response to someone playfully bringing up that Dan has come up in every post-WWExit Beastcast episode so far

on a happier note, though, holy shit Judgment is very very good

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am always surprised at how late the crew sleep in during the weekends (sans the ones with kids). Watching this COD stream and Rorie calling 9am on a Saturday and "ungodly hour" is crazy to me. My body gets me up around 7:30 every morning regardless of how late I was up the night before or what I was doing.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any downsides to using the Bethesda launcher outside of "It's not Steam"? Because if not I'll gladly go for that to save some cash.

edit: looks like it's the wrong region for me anyway.
For me, but being able to family share is a bummer

Plus no achievements, which I know don't matter, but I like to have as a method of logging in my progress