• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Wow, no one is playing Dreams. Jeff might have played it over the weekend and he's not here. Also I think Vinny is doing the Dreams quick look? I keep seeing Vinny emojis in the chat regarding Dreams so that might mean he's playing it.
Pardon my ignorance, but did the game add anything huge going from early access to now? IIRC, giant bomb had a TON of content on dreams early access (an Unfinished with west coast crew, a stream with media molecule devs, 2 hour Vinny stream about the tutorials, and I think it was on an East playdate too). I agree it would be cool to have an official quick look, but having not followed the game closely, is there something major they missed in covering when it was in early access?

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
At my old job you weren't able to see if the big stall was occupied, so someone put bright green and red tape on the latch (which you could see between the crack) to indicate if it was vacant/occupied

Probably the greatest feat of office engineering I ever encountered

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Pardon my ignorance, but did the game add anything huge going from early access to now? IIRC, giant bomb had a TON of content on dreams early access (an Unfinished with west coast crew, a stream with media molecule devs, 2 hour Vinny stream about the tutorials, and I think it was on an East playdate too). I agree it would be cool to have an official quick look, but having not followed the game closely, is there something major they missed in covering when it was in early access?

They added a lot to the tools and MM also added a 2-3 hour single player experience that in my opinion is astounding. Not in the way most people view stuff in Dreams "wow this is cool that someone made this in this tool" but in and of itself. It's about overcoming doubt and music. It's got that sincerity that MM does very well.

As far as GB, I feel like they're not going to flock to it the same way they did with Mario Maker, as the creation tools are much more complicated. I can see them doing autosurfing because Jeff especially will love the random nonsense that comes up. Just today I found one that was just about Yoshi getting run over by train Shrek with "All Star" playing in the background. Jeff would appreciate that on every level.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
At my old job you weren't able to see if the big stall was occupied, so someone put bright green and red tape on the latch (which you could see between the crack) to indicate if it was vacant/occupied

Probably the greatest feat of office engineering I ever encountered

single desperate eyeball peering between the space between the door and the frame while you sit on the john

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
ha ha majoras mask any% speedruns are completely unwatchable now

theres only like 3 minutes of actual gameplay after first cycle and a major part of it is quickly inputting a filename on the main menu

Oct 25, 2017
ha ha majoras mask any% speedruns are completely unwatchable now

theres only like 3 minutes of actual gameplay after first cycle and a major part of it is quickly inputting a filename on the main menu
Have they spun it off into its own run category yet? It's such a massive departure from what it was previously that's it's going to have to happen

Feb 12, 2019
Political Jeff is a thing I didn't know I wanted.

Also I started playing Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. It seems like a worse version of Ninja Gaiden 2 with way more dumb scripted bullshit and a weird emphasis on story. At the very least it still feels good to do an Izuna Drop on fools.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Have they spun it off into its own run category yet? It's such a massive departure from what it was previously that's it's going to have to happen
any% means no laws

there will probably be any% with no arbitrary code execution but basically for me theres a level of granularity in speedrun categories between normal and full meme that i dont find particularly interesting

the goal of any% in every game is basically to pull a pokemon rby and warp to the credits from the first room in the game, it's just rare that it happens. majoras mask is like, the platonic ideal of an unwatchable run in which the first 22 minutes of every run is exactly the same because no time can be saved on it anymore and no one has found a way to skip it, and then right after that chunk of useless garbage is a nonsense series of movements to warp to the credits

it's impressive

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
just found out about afk arena

IcSTBuW.jpg

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda not totally sure about Remnant of the ashes so far... Like the minute to minute gunplay is fine but the meta seems a bit aimless so far. The environment are super boring and the monsters just spawn out of nowhere around you.

The world doesn't feel lived in at all compared to any Souls games.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda not totally sure about Remnant of the ashes so far... Like the minute to minute gunplay is fine but the meta seems a bit aimless so far. The environment are super boring and the monsters just spawn out of nowhere around you.

The world doesn't feel lived in at all compared to any Souls games.
that was basically my experience with it but some of the later weapons are good in that bloodborne trick weapons way so I stuck with it till endgame. None of the environments feel authentic and it doesn't help that the enemies, in the first area especially, are just like these nothing shadow demons

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I brought my Switch to my Uncle's while I house sit till Thursday but haven't played or bought anything yet. Anything neat coming out this week?

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it the more Art's Dream did nothing for me. The worst part about it I think is the fact that two of the gameplay styles which are displayed in it are identical, 3D character-platformers with a character-switching gimmick. I think this kind of reinforces the behavior by most creators of just making a ton of 3D platformers with the toolset and so far the resulting saminess has really soured my experience with Dreams.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Need Jeff's ranking of candidates. Is an endless trash dump higher or lower than the human embodiment of a 3D Sonic game?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it the more Art's Dream did nothing for me. The worst part about it I think is the fact that two of the gameplay styles which are displayed in it are identical, 3D character-platformers with a character-switching gimmick. I think this kind of reinforces the behavior by most creators of just making a ton of 3D platformers with the toolset and so far the resulting saminess has really soured my experience with Dreams.
like, i'm trying to make a puzzle game kinda cook serve deliciousy right now and i have no idea if you can do that with the dreams toolset or not

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
also i wonder if coronavirus scares will have any impact on cons coming up (especially one with three es)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Karspankey

How do you do your card idling thing exactly?

I saw the tutorial in your thread about selling them with the Tampermonkey script but I need the other part too lol

Edit: NVM found it! Time to make some monnnaaayyyy

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019
I was not expecting to enjoy Birds of Prey as much as I did. It's a movie fun enough to make you forget it's tangentially connected to one of the worst comic book films of the last decade.
did any good games come out this month
Given that I've been playing questionable-to-good PS1 and PS2 games (and somehow, yet still more Total Warhammer) this month, I'm guessing the answer is still "no"

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
You know what's the worst?

When Gutterzilla attacks the settlement you're recuperating in.

(That's what we'll call old Beak Things. Animal stats--and size!--scale with their age, and this big boy had a modifier above 2.00 on all his stats. So he hits like a truck, takes almost no damage, has absurd health values on all limbs, and runs twice as fast as anything in the game. He's the very definition of bigh.)
313F1DD02261A0C0B3406B470B64325C7E22156D

Now, the settlement in question has a kinda iffy setup; with few guards, and a completely unguarded entrance at the back. But even still, it has a dozen-odd warriors dedicated to protecting it, with combat skills far beyond what you find on most troops. It would take a lot to defeat them.

And they all went down before I even noticed what was happening. I was shopping with one character as the others rested, and by the time my dudes were targetted the guards were almost all down. It happened so fast some guards hadn't even made it to the fight yet...

B7104059FEA17D9F3C528D154BC951709C271B14

It was through complete luck that my squad survived, with 'zilla getting distracted after hitting Carver, above, (moments after this screenshot was taken) for 180(!) damage on his chest, instantly KOing him and bringing him a minute away from bleeding out.

And then Gutterzilla had the gall to run away as the survivors mounted a second attack, knocking 'zilla's chest health into the 150 range.

...So he's still out there, healing, waiting to strike again...

Time to get outta there....