• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogpostsonly

Oct 23, 2019

Quite possibly my favourite quest in all of Witcher 3 and one of my favourite RPG quests ever. It's a really good encapsulation of what really makes the Witcher work for me.

The more I think about it the more Art's Dream did nothing for me. The worst part about it I think is the fact that two of the gameplay styles which are displayed in it are identical, 3D character-platformers with a character-switching gimmick. I think this kind of reinforces the behavior by most creators of just making a ton of 3D platformers with the toolset and so far the resulting saminess has really soured my experience with Dreams.

I really really like dreams. I'm planning to spend good amount of time learning the tools and have great fun playing both the professional level and purely amateur stuff. BUT arts dream was one of the most frustrating experiences I have had in a game in a looooong time. Maybe I was tired or maybe I am just not good at those kinds of games but I died so many times it was just incredibly frustrating.

I think the 3D platformer thing was inevitable mind. I think when given tools to sculpt a world and 3D models a lot of folks default to making a 3D platformer because it's a way of exploring the space they make that seems simple to turn into a game and also probably reminiscent of a lot of the games they played as kids. Which is funny because it seems to me making a good 3D platformer is incredibly hard.

I'm gonna try and make a game about flying. It's gonna be terrible I am so excited.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i've never doubted the veracity of this kenshi game until now, but now i realize you're just making shit up with random 3d models of dinosaurs and zombie cannibals

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The crab people are real. You've gotta believe me.

6C858426ECD266DA9A5375393ED9FBF690091841

(The crabs are not 'crab people'. The man in crab armour saying "Crab 'em!" is a crab person. They wear supermassive armour and have armies of crabs. Crabs in Kenshi are the size of a small building.)

Feb 12, 2019
Yo, is Kenshi like Mount and Blade but somehow crazier? Because that's the vibe I'm getting with the hilarious mess of interconnected systems and mechanics it seems to have going on.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I really need to get back to Kenshi. I had a little farm with 6 of us that periodically gets attacked by bandit armies, but our skills and meagre fortifications had just hit that cusp where at least half of us are still standing at the end of it. Also my 8-foot tall robot had become just sturdy enough to practice martial arts in live combat, so I've got to keep going down that cyber-kung-fu route.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
The crab people are real. You've gotta believe me.

6C858426ECD266DA9A5375393ED9FBF690091841

(The crabs are not 'crab people'. The man in crab armour saying "Crab 'em!" is a crab person. They wear supermassive armour and have armies of crabs. Crabs in Kenshi are the size of a small building.)
what is wrong with those graphics

also what the fuck is wrong with people in that xenoblade whatever 2 thread
i should be used to it by now but ghughghnh

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
what is wrong with those graphics

It's an open-world pseudo-CRPG/RTS that was a one-man project for a while, even towards the end there were only about 7 people on the team. Given the sheer scale of the world and how seamless it is (and the fact that you'll spend most of the time with the camera about 100 feet in the air), it does the job just fine.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
It's an open-world pseudo-CRPG/RTS that was a one-man project for a while, even towards the end there were only about 7 people on the team. Given the sheer scale of the world and how seamless it is (and the fact that you'll spend most of the time with the camera about 100 feet in the air), it does the job just fine.
alright crab person no need to get grumpy :(

It has a pretty messy, difficult-to-parse look most of the time, but the terrain looks extra funky because of one of the mods I'm using.

ah that makese sense. i'd rather a mod that makes the textures girthier not less compressed.

thank you informative crab person!

anime ruins peoples brain

now this is a message i can get behind. you're the best crab person.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2020 and people are really still going to bat for generic weeaboo big tity character designs. the overlap gamer/anime fan is probably the worst

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i love anime and also big titty sexualised design tho

xenoblade 2s true crime is that it is not cohesive big tity design

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
damn.... I loaded up tumblr and was forced to view a gif set of "woobie joker" from the telltale game

bad start to today
i hope that someone in the thread claimed their Really Busty but Also Slim wife finally felt confident about themselves because of xenoblade's anime rabbit tit monster
you make some very good posts my friend

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
no, they're just really awful even in isolation

it really is incredible how the environmental team was like "let's create a sprawling, beautiful world of gorgeous environments and humongeous vistas" and the character team were like "everyone will be having their own personal mardi gras to which nobody else is invited"

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super made Freeza pretty rad though in my opinion, he's still an asshole but I really liked him doing team up with others.
Frieza was already rad in Z. Frieza should have stayed dead, bringing him back was a mistake that didn't lead to any interesting narrative developments and Super's attempt to rehabilitate him (without actually trying to do that, because it's impossible) sucks. It's super stupid that everyone was just cool with him being revived for real at the end of the tournament.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Frieza was already rad in Z. Frieza should have stayed dead, bringing him back was a mistake that didn't lead to any interesting narrative developments and Super's attempt to rehabilitate him (without actually trying to do that, because it's impossible) sucks. It's super stupid that everyone was just cool with him being revived for real at the end of the tournament.

Yeah, true. I forgot they revived him for good. Super in general was pretty fun but dumb in a lot of ways. Basically one big Tournament Arc with no rules.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
that picture of games that are political on one side and games that aren't political on the other but it's current Jeff and bleached hair Jeff

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Karspankey

How do you do your card idling thing exactly?

I saw the tutorial in your thread about selling them with the Tampermonkey script but I need the other part too lol

Edit: NVM found it! Time to make some monnnaaayyyy
Wow, this is like one of those IT problem threads where someone has the exact same problem as you and edits to "nevermind". WHAT DID YOU SEE WHAT DID YOU FIND!?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
feels like we shouldn't allow Wife Guys to escape Twitter

they'd become too powerful
wife guys need to be put in their own pocket universe away from everything else
heck just change that to guys in general

anyway look at how great yakuza is, i somehow ended up on the yakuza reddit at work and there was a meme that referenced this video:

and i thought it was funny! so now i'm going to try to find the whole thing somewhere on this here internet.
also mad capsule markets are now on spotify??? what a great day

Jeff is a leftist now.

Lefft Gerstmann

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
wife guys need to be put in their own pocket universe away from everything else
heck just change that to guys in general

anyway look at how great yakuza is, i somehow ended up on the yakuza reddit at work and there was a meme that referenced this video:

and i thought it was funny! so now i'm going to try to find the whole thing somewhere on this here internet.
also mad capsule markets are now on spotify??? what a great day

Lefft Gerstmann

the show's name is in the video title and I know it was subbed by Over-Time (who I was watching Kamen Rider subs from) back when it aired, if that helps

may have gotten streamed elsewhere now though

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I remembered that they made it so console simmers can download stuff made by pc simmers so I've downloaded the house Abby made for the sims 4 seasons quick look and now my sims will live there

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is like one of those IT problem threads where someone has the exact same problem as you and edits to "nevermind". WHAT DID YOU SEE WHAT DID YOU FIND!?
github.com

GitHub - jshackles/idle_master: Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way

Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way. Contribute to jshackles/idle_master development by creating an account on GitHub.

and

www.resetera.com

PSA: You should sell your Steam trading cards/Steam inventory

Wait I still have to do something manually? I don't know what normal is, I don't do this. Steam mobile app doesn't have any updates or anything different. I just want to click something and sell all this shit. Can I not do that?