• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Speaking of HBO, I finished The Righteous Gemstones last night.

It was a good story but it wasn't all that funny but good casting. Edi Patterson is delightful.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
crying like it's tugging at heartstrings or in a laughing along but pleasantly surprised way? i completely avoided season 2 after hearing how bad it was having already found season 1 too meandering
Season 2 was rough and a bad idea collectively. Season 3 is so far a bunch of loosely-connected really good dystopian sci-fi stories building up both sides in a coming war and it's fucked up in a great way. I'm getting legitimate Nier: Automata vibes from some of it.

May 30, 2018
Season 2 was rough and a bad idea collectively. Season 3 is so far a bunch of loosely-connected really good dystopian sci-fi stories building up both sides in a coming war and it's fucked up in a great way. I'm getting legitimate Nier: Automata vibes from some of it.
huh. i'm intrigued. i could google this but- do you feel i need to watch season 2 to appreciate it or would i make do with a youtube summary or something?

Speaking of HBO, I finished The Righteous Gemstones last night.

It was a good story but it wasn't all that funny but good casting. Edi Patterson is delightful.

gemstones was so frustrating because all of the comedy puzzle pieces were there but it kept feeling like they couldn't put them together correctly. there were a solid amount of laughs from me but i basically forgot about it. and it's not even in the same ballpark as eastbound or vice principals.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
huh. i'm intrigued. i could google this but- do you feel i need to watch season 2 to appreciate it or would i make do with a youtube summary or something?
TBH I remembered very little of season 2 coming into this but my opinion is warped by people on here and twitter going "lol remember this from season 2 so how dumb is it gonna be here" so I really wanna say yes. It's not great. It's got a couple random amazing episodes but it's super needlessly messy, though I get it would be easier to swallow in a big lump instead of weekly, whereas season 3 is being served well by being a weekly show.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Not only is Morrowind the best TES game, it's also the greatest game of all the times.

I'd rather he not play Morrowind. It's rough, even with mods. He should just play Skyrim. I won't watch, either way, so my opinions worthless. I think he'd have a much more fun time with Skyrim, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Sometimes I wonder if people took ages finishing up the og RE trilogy. I do recall that I did my first RE2 playthru in wut, a weekend? It must've been less than 7 hours the first run. og RE3 isn't even that long. Lesse off the top of my head:

You start in the town, get to the Police Station, Brad Dies, just hit your desk and get out of the station, make your way to the train, grab three McGuffins in town, return to train, Clocktower, Carlos Scenario, Secret Lab, the end.

I mean if they just redid that but with the new controls I'm in.
Yup. The original RE games are all about speedrunning. At least they are for me, they're one of the very few games I genuinely enjoy doing a speedrun.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017

gemstones was so frustrating because all of the comedy puzzle pieces were there but it kept feeling like they couldn't put them together correctly. there were a solid amount of laughs from me but i basically forgot about it. and it's not even in the same ballpark as eastbound or vice principals.
TBH I remembered very little of season 2 coming into this but my opinion is warped by people on here and twitter going "lol remember this from season 2 so how dumb is it gonna be here" so I really wanna say yes. It's not great. It's got a couple random amazing episodes but it's super needlessly messy, though I get it would be easier to swallow in a big lump instead of weekly, whereas season 3 is being served well by being a weekly show.

I found S2 incredibly rough to watch week to week, I think it would be easier to binge it or just watch a recap video. S2 is definitely necessary for S3, there are some moments that aren't landing for me because my memory of S2 is so poor. There were a couple of good episodes in S2 for sure.

I'm currently watching the Bakalar pinball stream, it's very good. I would like to get a pinball table someday, I do like the Theatre of Magic table, Wonka one looks good too. Once I have a better job and am more settled in my life.

I'll be working from home until end of April at least, I'll just take things day by day and hopefully get through it.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Who are the madmen that are saying Morrowind?! I'd rather play Oblivion befor Morrowind.
morrowind is just out and out better. it's more experimental, it's more environmentally unique, it's more broken (in a good way), it's more immersive, it offers towns that are seamless to the open world, it has way more freedom, has more weapon variety, has more exciting exploration.

oblivion has shivering isles and the dark brotherhood questline but aside from that it's just the most stale bread game of the three single player games on the poll.

my favourite thing about oblivion isn't even playing it, it's the nostalgia i have over watching greg kasavin's 12 hour pre-release stream of it.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
"What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."

MW-creature-Dagoth_Ur.jpg

How can you hate this half-naked madman? Dagoth Ur, folks.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I searched for the movie on Canadian Netflix and got recommended some lesbian movies so I think I will be into this when I eventually see it. I'm now picturing The Favourite but with spicier drama.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man, I was listening to Maximilian 's Doom Eternal review and he's right. Doom Eternal retroactively made 2016 worse. I wish there was a world were Doom 2016's story (or lack thereof) had a baby with Doom Eternal's Gameplay. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm gonna reinstalling and just play a bunch of levels. I tried going back to 2016 but now the encounters feel so short and boring.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I, for one, am happy to see people are finally coming around to realize that DOOM 2016 was overrated.

The last time Dan posted in the GB thread afaik is when he came in to shit on my post where I said I actually prefered Rage 1 to DOOM 2016

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."

How can you hate this half-naked madman? Dagoth Ur, folks.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
EUU_k8PUwAEShp8

Like look at this shit. It's obvious but it still works. Like Bleade Runner 20-Something-Ish.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

I can feel this in the centre of my skull and please god don't let me get symptoms.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Wait I just got a Christian Mingle ad on this stream. I can't tell what is irony anymore.

Edit: oh it wasn't real, the perfect sky is torn