• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the lock on has been weird for me in conjunction with the dodge. It feels very loose. But nothing I can't get over.

I'm playing on PS4 pro and it's very pretty on there. Dunno if my PC can run it as well. The CPU thing was also worrying me.

demidar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, proximity is great, though everything leading up to it just keeps making me think "Why are you still friends with this dorky little cat?"

Bea is my pick, but Greg's is pretty awesome too though. Mostly because I also love Angus. He has my favourite quote from the game.

"So I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people who do."

Which also weirdly ties into my whole thing with automata.

Same. Bea's relationship and life is so much more interesting to me, and I deeply empathise (or symapthise?) with her situation.

I thought the game did a really good job of portraying her as trapped in her life. Having been shackled down due to her responsibilities to the store, her attempts to escape by fronting as a uni student in another town. It's like a low, humming undercurrent of despair running through her life, most (if not all) of it outside of her control.

I think the reason she's still friends with Mae is that that's one of the last things for her that hasn't gone to complete shit, despite the fact that the relationship occasionally causes headaches. You could say that she's also "stuck" with Mae because she's unable to leave, thus has to make do with what she has (thankfully for her Mae's not completely a terrible person, though she does have Greg and Angus they're likely going to move away leaving her behind).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Bea's relationship and life is so much more interesting to me, and I deeply empathise (or symapthise?) with her situation.

I thought the game did a really good job of portraying her as trapped in her life. Having been shackled down due to her responsibilities to the store, her attempts to escape by fronting as a uni student in another town. It's like a low, humming undercurrent of despair running through her life, most (if not all) of it outside of her control.

I think the reason she's still friends with Mae is that that's one of the last things for her that hasn't gone to complete shit, despite the fact that the relationship occasionally causes headaches. You could say that she's also "stuck" with Mae because she's unable to leave, thus has to make do with what she has (thankfully for her Mae's not completely a terrible person, though she does have Greg and Angus they're likely going to move away leaving her behind).

Best available friends

Is such a good way to sum it up.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So I've had a GOG account for years but I never really use it... I just got an email with a Two Factor code from an ip in Hong Kong...

I sure am glad that I apparently turned on Two Factor years ago lol... I guess it's time to go update my old password with a giant ass Lastpass password lol
I got the same message last night. Thank god it's not only me.

On a totally unrelated note, does Giant Bomb usually have a premium sale around Thanksgiving/Christmas? I'm kicking myself for not extending my subscription last time the sale was on.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
"Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator is a game where you play as a Dad and your goal is to meet and romance other Hot Dads."

I'm obviously being reductive but yeah it's a game about dads boning.

I too think anything that involves romance 100% has to be about sex and cannot possibly just be about heartwarming connections between people.

Which is to say: are you being serious?

It's super targeted on straight women, not gay men. I've seen several gay men not being too happy with the game because of it. It's full of stereotypes to date - positive sterotypes, but still the gay equivalent of the hot Blonde, cute Nerd girl and the temperamental Latina.

I was thinking about it today, and yeah, from the start, I always felt like that game was geared towards straight women more than anybody else. As a pan dude, that game should be my thing, but it totally is not.

This is interesting to me (as someone who hasn't played it and isn't interested in men, but has played several women-targeted romance games this year) because as far as I know the writers are a queer woman and... ok, I assumed/thought I'd read that the other writer was a gay man but I guess that's not the case going by an interview I just found, huh. Well, guess I'm not too surprised then. That's pretty unfortunate!

I will say the stereotypes/"dad types" were part of why I was worried it was just going to end up being a mean joke when it was announced.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I played that first "Patient Zero" episode.
Nobody cared when one of the targets drank a poisoned glass of wine in front of a crowd at the art exhibit lol. I managed to get the second target alone and just headshot him and left without anyone noticing until I changed back into my suit.

What a goofy game; I love it. I have way too many video games on my plate right now, but there's always room for Hitman. ☺️

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Jeff is correct on Battlefront 2.

Still slow as ever.
200w.gif

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with Ass Creed so far is that I have this compulsion to completely clear out an area before moving on and I feel like it might burn me out.

Riot

Oct 27, 2017
Abby unintentionally quoting Jim Carrey and being confused is a great bit from the play date.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Top-edit: Zelda has a few, Night in the Woods might get a mention now that more have played it. I forget how many people have played LIS Before the Storm but if at least a couple have I bet that'll get a mention as well.

Some part of my brain still sees the visual novel format and goes "oh is this a hentai game" even though I'm 100% aware VNs are not all hentai lol.

I'm really enjoying Ass Origins, but I'm starting to kind of hate the combat. It's more complex than it was previously, but I'm not sure that always translates to better? Like, the combat in Syndicate was very simplistic, but it was mechanically "predictable" in a satisfying way (though I understand how many could find it rote.) I often feel like I start flailing mid-fight in Origins.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
What games will most likely be discussed? Wolfenstein and Nier for sure. Mario festival surely as well. What else? No spoilers please.
I think the ending might qualify more than the festival in Odyssey. Then there's Nier and Wolfie, probably some stuff in Horizon, PUBG, Edith Finch has a few, BotW could get some love and a few others

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
After listening to some of the Beastcast and the discussion from y'all here I started Night in the Woods and played a couple of hours... What an enjoyable game so far.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odyssey post game is real good. I'm having a bunch of fun going after the more difficult Moons. Trucking along to 500!

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the New Donk festival was a cute thing and all but I 100% marked out at the main Odyssey 'story' finale.
Yeah same. I've had multiple conversations with people talking about moment of the year in Odyssey and they always think I'm talking about New Donk. That was cool but it doesn't compare to the ending. Maybe it was also because Dan did New Donk in the QL so it wasn't as surprising for me
The music in the Odyssey final disqualifies it in my opinion.
No that's what clinches it. You know Jeff is gonna love
how dumb that is

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
GB-ERA, put on your best neutral therapist faces because here comes a pathetic personal post. I've been broken up with and I feel fucking dreadful. I'm stuck in a foreign country and it'll be a month before I can go home and see anyone I care about or who cares about me. I need to keep functioning in my work life but as for the rest of the time I just want it to be over with as soon as possible. I guess I'll try to turn to my GB backlog for distraction, so what's been particularly good in the last week or so?

Also, I almost missed that we got a new West guy. Only heard the Bombcast so far, did Jan appear in any videos in any more substantive capacity?

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hear that, dude.

As you say, keeping busy helps. Play games, watch stuff... soon you'll be back with family / friends and they'll make it easier.

Can't really speak for recent stuff but when I need a pick-me-up I just rewatch the GB Best Of videos, there's over a 100 so that can last you for a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, that's what makes it Sonic
Eh, I don't mind a well handled Sonic-esque sequence at the end of a game.

GB-ERA, put on your best neutral therapist faces because here comes a pathetic personal post. I've been broken up with and I feel fucking dreadful. I'm stuck in a foreign country and it'll be a month before I can go home and see anyone I care about or who cares about me. I need to keep functioning in my work life but as for the rest of the time I just want it to be over with as soon as possible. I guess I'll try to turn to my GB backlog for distraction, so what's been particularly good in the last week or so?

Also, I almost missed that we got a new West guy. Only heard the Bombcast so far, did Jan appear in any videos in any more substantive capacity?

Aw man, that sucks. Don't worry, you'll get through it.
A month seems like a lot of time, but it goes by way quicker than you think

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to set my wheel back up and play some Truck Simulator. Man, this is more chill than the Bombcast on somas.

Status
Not open for further replies.