• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Another classic one
2429905-mc_upf_020813.jpg
Unprofessional Fridays: 02/08/13
We take a trip to Lego Island, check in with Daikatana, cross animals, get into stunt position, and bust some ghosts!

---

and an underrated one

Unprofessional Fridays: 07/10/2015
Rorie's a builder, Dan's a baseball fan, and Brad? Well, Brad's a lot of things. Most of all, unprofessional. Especially on Fridays.

---

Also bonus

Unprofessional Fridays: 03/14/2014
Find out what happens when the control surface ESCAPES THE CONTROL ROOM!!!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Bayek: "let me see if I can convince the tax collectors to change their ways."

OBJECTIVE: FIND AND KILL THE TAX COLLECTORS.

That's certainly one way to change someone I guess.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I keep forgetting that skipping between day/night is even an option outside of the couple missions that specifically use it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
All right... Guess it's time to go build my new PC while watching The Punisher! See you on the other side fam

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
BITE was a great series but yeah Dan whining about the combat brought it down some. There was this one episode where Dan went crazy towards the combat. After that episode, idk what happened off-screen, but Dan's comments on the combat changed a little and he got better.

I guess he read the comments and chilled out a bit. That said outside of some neat Heat move animations the combat is honestly pretty mediocre given how much of it there is Especially in the light of people thinking Nier Automata's combat being that game's weakest link.

Does anybody else find it a little weird that Jeff so often plays old games with cheats enabled?
You're not really playing the games when you're just walking trough them with invincibility on. I just don't see what he gets out of it.
He always did it on old games show too which I never liked, you don't really get a correct representation of the games when they're played with all cheats on.
To each their own of course, I just know if I wanted to play Cool Spot again I wouldn't just rush trough the game with cheats on.

I'm guessing it's just a combination of wanting to more show than the first level of of each game to the audience and Jeff not having a lot of patience.

But yeah, there's not a lot to most of these old arcade-like games if you're just cheating your way to the end in like an hour.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it'll be in my top 10 or anything but I'm having fun with it.
I'm enjoying my time with it too, don't get me wrong. And the game world is astonishing.

But then you play it. The combat needs iteration, the side quests are mechanically way too similar to one another (press triangle to investigate ALL THE TIME), the main plot is just ok, Bayek as a character is very likeable but not much more. I do like the stories told in the side quests and being able to climb up pretty much anything is great. But I just don't see where all this praise is coming from to some degree.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also I feel like it's more me being dumb but I cannot figure out how you trigger the arrow flight control thing.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
All right... Guess it's time to go build my new PC while watching The Punisher! See you on the other side fam
Please do like GB West, make a stream of it! We're dying in this drought!

OT title suggestions? We'll probably reach 400 tomorrow so, how about this from a few pages back?

Giant Bomb |OT2| Maybe it's a giant. Maybe it's a bomb now.

Unless y'all have other suggestions...
Hmm.. I feel like Dan and Vinny now in the Shenmue ER, but.. how many vowels do "Giant" and "Bomb" feature?

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess he read the comments and chilled out a bit. That said outside of some neat Heat move animations the combat is honestly pretty mediocre given how much of it there is Especially in the light of people thinking Nier Automata's combat being that game's weakest link.
Shit, now I want a series where Dan is forced to play through all of Nier: Automata real bad

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Why would they go to NY when SF is their home base with all of the space, equipment, production, and majority of staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.