• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Giant Bomb|OT X|MOM'S DEAD PARKOUR

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
i have nothing to hold onto in this thread -- see you tomorrow
you can hold on to me
I copied a poem for you

I could give up all my life for just one kiss
I would surely die
If you dismiss me from your love
You take my breath away
So please don't go
Don't leave me here all by myself
I get ever so lonely from time to time
I will find you

-Queen

there has been a lack of content this week, but I'm sure we got loads to look towards

Oct 25, 2017
can you imagine if rdr2 isn't in first place

Era will not survive.

'Jaded' won't cover the insults people use against Giant Bomb or Jeff.
the thread will just be a proxy war where people can tell others that their fav game sucks because brad or jeff said a thing about it, and it will go on till we all die in the cleansing fire.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Persona 4 mainly because it captures a sense of place and time (and not like a time period, but more a 'personal time' - a lazy school year almost). The story I can take or leave, mostly leave.

Oct 25, 2017
the thread will just be a proxy war where people can tell others that their fav game sucks because brad or jeff said a thing about it, and it will go on till we all die in the cleansing fire.
GOTY has changed.

It's no longer about Consoles, PCs, or genres. It's an endless series of proxy scores, fought by reviewers and fanboys.

GOTY--and it's consumption of forums--has become a well-oiled machine.

GOTY has changed.

Score boasting users carry highly scored games, use metacritic scores. Fanboyisms inside their bodies enhance and regulate their arguments.

Game control, information control, emotion control, forum control…everything is monitored and kept under control.

GOTY…has changed.

The age of gaming has become the age of scores, all in the name of averting catastrophe from Game of the Year, and he who controls the forum, controls history.

GOTY…has changed.

When the forum is under total control, GOTY becomes routine.

gamers rise up

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
On a non-anime note - what game from next year would have the most damaging consequences if it flopped?

I bring this up because I saw Anthem got rated in Australia - so that game really is coming out when it says it is.

If that game flops, Bioware as a whole is beyond fucked. I hope for their sake it's a hit.
Commercially it’s likely Anthem, hard to see BioWare going forward.

In terms of reception insanity KH3 or Shenmue 3.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Aug 12, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory generalisations
Anime is for paedophiles.
I agree to be honest.

The number of anime profile pictures I saw defending underage sexualisation when I was a mod was pretty high.

The fact that this pedo pandering is growing more commonplace in media both inside and outside of anime is sickening. Even Nintendo has done it to an extent with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade games.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree to be honest.

The number of anime profile pictures I saw defending underage sexualisation when I was a mod was pretty high.

The fact that this pedo pandering is growing more commonplace in media both inside and outside of anime is sickening. Even Nintendo has done it to an extent with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade games.
Yes I obviously said it so bluntly for comedic effect and hopefully most anime fans here are cool, but there's clearly a huge crossover.

Deleted member 46641

Aug 12, 2018
In terms of reception insanity KH3 or Shenmue 3.
I've already seen Kingdom hearts stans on twitter threatening reviewers that if they talk shit about the narrative without knowing every bit of lore they're going to be harassed.

I'll probably like the game as a nonsensical flashy light character action and little more, despite having completed the series so far. That series' story has issues that go deeper beyond being convoluted.

Oct 25, 2017
the playstation QL was prob done, and probably just preparation to do stuff.
Maybe they'll record two days worth of game of the year discussion instead.
WAIT

Brad "Here Comes the Snow" Shoemaker planned this

he KNEW Dan and Jeff would be unstoppable, so he held the GOTY talks today in order to stop Dan from participating and get RDR2 in first

Tomorrow Dan will come in shock and find out GOTY is over. Devious.

Deleted member 46641

Aug 12, 2018
nah this year they are only doing 4 categories but each one is 8 hours each with the 4th one being GOTY and taking 20 hours.
So best graphics (which is now also best styyyyyle), best soundtrack (in which several soundtracks are played in their entirety), best world (most hours are debating definitions that end in people bringing rival dictionaries), and best game (which ends similarly to the hateful eight)

Sep 12, 2018
Ireland
I'd love of Waypoint 101 on it, especially tackling the more... questionable aspects.

Funny how Anno then went on to write and direct End of Evangelion's opening scene, which is a kind of meta-commentary on anime fans wanking over underage girls.

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked when Shinji and Asuka did their training in the hyperbolic time chamber.
they do have a sync episode where they have to essentially fusion dance that I think is super amazing

honestly eva starts out as in a very 'monster of the week' style format with the 'oh no, a giant angel is terrorising the town today! pilots, deal with your interpersonal drama and fuck that thing up!' and only kind of gradually reveals itself as, to put it bluntly, Not That.

Oct 25, 2017
almost time for the end of mass alex.

then we can add it to the series graveyard!

its a joke, it's probably the series with the most chance of coming back since vinny loves the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.