• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, y'all, finally I can log in for more than three seconds. A few things:

-Fuck AtC. If he was really Monty, double fuck him. Fucking transphobic prick can fuck off to hell.
-Canadian Internet is so bad that the good FPS campaign topic made me want to replay Titantfall 2, and halfway through downloading it on PC, I realized it'd be quicker to just get it on console. So I went to my local dollar store, bought the game for $4, and installed it before my download on Origin hit 60%. Fuck Canadian telecoms.
-My Sunday without the site was spent alternately playing Titanfall 2 and arguing with David Jaffe on twitter about nazis. I feel like I contributed in some bad way to what he has since said. I'm sorry, World. I was gonna be on his show and talk to him voice-to-voice but since the NPC and extra bullshit? Fuck that.
-The Titanfall 2 campaign is really good and I either forgot or didn't realize til now that the bad guys, the IMC, stood for "Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation". So I thought Titanfall was just a space version of the country vs frontier thing a la Firefly but it's actually a corporate dystopia. Also the IMC didn't create the Ark so there's some weird precursor tech going on in that universe and BT is gonna be some sort of interdimensional god in TF3, so I'm very much looking forward to that.

Also, I missed y'all! Love you! <3 (insert kiss emoji here in your brain because I'll never do one myself)

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, y'all, finally I can log in for more than three seconds. A few things:

-Fuck AtC. If he was really Monty, double fuck him. Fucking transphobic prick can fuck off to hell.
-Canadian Internet is so bad that the good FPS campaign topic made me want to replay Titantfall 2, and halfway through downloading it on PC, I realized it'd be quicker to just get it on console. So I went to my local dollar store, bought the game for $4, and installed it before my download on Origin hit 60%. Fuck Canadian telecoms.
-My Sunday without the site was spent alternately playing Titanfall 2 and arguing with David Jaffe on twitter about nazis. I feel like I contributed in some bad way to what he has since said. I'm sorry, World. I was gonna be on his show and talk to him voice-to-voice but since the NPC and extra bullshit? Fuck that.

Also, I missed y'all! Love you! <3 (insert kiss emoji here)
I have it on PC too but I'm almost tempted to go check my local Dollorama even tho I'm sure it's a super localized thing...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I have it on PC too but I'm almost tempted to go check my local Dollorama even tho I'm sure it's a super localized thing...
It can't hurt to try, but you're probably right. No doubt in my mind that is a localized southern Ontario thing. Since I first noticed the game there a week ago they have almost sold out on both PS4 and XB1. There probably weren't that many copies to go around in the first place.

But goddamn, do those mech controls feel good on a controller. Man. If you're that hard out for it, Mega, I'll just get another copy and mail it to you. You know it's cheap for us to send shit back and forth in a teeny envelope.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
It can't hurt to try, but you're probably right. No doubt in my mind that is a localized southern Ontario thing. Since I first noticed the game there a week ago they have almost sold out on both PS4 and XB1. There probably weren't that many copies to go around in the first place.

But goddamn, do those mech controls feel good on a controller. Man. If you're that hard out for it, Mega, I'll just get another copy and mail it to you. You know it's cheap for us to send shit back and forth in a teeny envelope.
Bah don't go out of your way to get another copy just for me... I fucking love that game but man I have so much stuff to play these days lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i swear to god this new text/font is smaller than before and it's fucking with me. the spacing is wrong. the tint is wrong. everything! wrong! UNACCEPTABLE!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Bah don't go out of your way to get another copy just for me... I fucking love that game but man I have so much stuff to play these days lol.
The game's like 5 hours long and incredibly worth it. I don't even have PS+ right now so I can't play online. It was still worth it. Just check in the next couple days and if you don't have it at your store I can send one to you; it'll cost me next to nothing. Lemme know!

I have like five different games I need to finish before GotY but I still played it because fuck yeah BT, S.E.R.E Kit, Effect and Cause, etc.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

NUyttbn.gif

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
omg

you literally plug a usb keyboard into it and hit esc while in-game to access the emulator menu

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The game's like 5 hours long and incredibly worth it. I don't even have PS+ right now so I can't play online. It was still worth it. Just check in the next couple days and if you don't have it at your store I can send one to you; it'll cost me next to nothing. Lemme know!

I have like five different games I need to finish before GotY but I still played it because fuck yeah BT, S.E.R.E Kit, Effect and Cause, etc.
All right! And yeah the campaign is really great... And don't bother with PS+... I bet the game is completely dead online. It waas already dead not long after release.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
And hey, I know I said this already, but fuck AgainsttheCurrent. That sort of regressive shit has no place in Giant Bomb's fandom. Like, Samantha Kalman is a close friend of the site, and he'd deign to treat her as lesser? Fuck that. And if he really was Monty and was hell of creepy about Abby and Danika extra fuck him. Gross.
All right! And yeah the campaign is really great... And don't bother with PS+... I bet the game is completely dead online. It waas already dead not long after release.
That's almost a bummer because there's one thing that bothers me about the campaign, and that's when you want to get into you mech it always defaults to that "jumping in the centre" animation, but the multiplayer still has custom animations for approaching it from different angles. It feels so cool to murder like three people then slide between your robot's legs from the back and get shoved into its face.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
y'know, honestly, shoutout to my DS Lite for holding a charge for so long

like I def. played this within the past... year...? because Picross 3D was back in it... actually, going by Twitter it looks like I attempted the final puzzle in that again in August... 2017, so... huh

well, maybe I charged it on a whim for a trip or something at some point after that, thinking I'd play it even though I didn't, but even that would have been months and I played for over an hour without issue, so

good job, DS Lite

Oct 25, 2017
I literally spent more than hour yesterday alternating between playing a level of Titanfall and arguing with him about nazis being OK in America. This shit is what happens when I don't have a forum to focus my idiocy. God he's such a knob.
So are you saying Captain America is wrong? Why do you hate Stan Lee?!

For the life of me I cannot figure out if that was supposed to be a joke as well

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Forcing that avatar upon me should be a felony. Whippy has committed multiple crimes in this thread and should be arrested.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So are you saying Captain America is wrong? Why do you hate Stan Lee?!

For the life of me I cannot figure out if that was supposed to be a joke as well
I think he's beyond jokes. He's lost the plot:

Why do you hate christmas.
Just put a fucking red and white tone on 2B. It isn't that goddamn difficult.
Do whatever you like. I still love you. It just makes it harder to notice your posts at-a-glance versus the 2B picture.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Jaffe's a crazy person, him flipping out after everyone thought Drawn to Death looked like crap basically solidified it. This doesn't really surprise me, just disappointed.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I think he's beyond jokes. He's lost the plot:

Just put a fucking red and white tone on 2B. It isn't that goddamn difficult.
Do whatever you like. I still love you. It just makes it harder to notice your posts at-a-glance versus the 2B picture.

This shit bums me out. This dude used to make good games and seemed reasonably funny and intelligent when I would watch him in interviews back in the day.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
This shit bums me out. This dude used to make good games and seemed reasonably funny and intelligent when I would watch him in interviews back in the day.
It's like he believes that the shit is an A to Q problem where it's many steps from preaching nazism to practicing it, but that shit is A to B. It doesn't take much for the nazis to be nazis and do nazi things. A little bit of power in their corner goes a long way. Eugh.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Female singer with dark hair backed by foggy blue light? Not sure exactly what it was from.

dont tell me what to do mfer

👊🏽💥🤜🏽💥👊🏽💥

It's more like 10pm and all the GBers are going to bed. We're on Gerstmann time in here.

Why would I do that?

Who the fuck do you think you are? You're not my Dad. Are you a cop?
I don't have to tell you if I'm a cop if I were one, but you need to tell me if you are a cop if you are one. That's the law.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I remember back when we had lions as our joke characters and we were happy with it

not this CHANxCO holiday nonsense

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Death Metalist

I think I enjoy the Epilogue more than Chapter 6... I kinda like the rythm and the story of it... Hell they even did the same thing at the end of the first game...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So, slightly embarrassing post, but can RDR2 peeps help me out a bit? When I last played the game it was after a long night of drinking with a friend (during which I got video of the game being broken but that's besides the point):

The last thing I clearly remember is doing the big raid and firing a cannon at an attacking ship on fake Puerto Rico. I loaded up the game earlier before playing TF2 and saw I was talking to Sadie during a gunfight I think and have no idea what happened in between these two things. Can someone fill me in? I must have got back to America somehow...but how, how long, and how did we meet up with the gang?

I'd look it up on Youtube but I'm deathly afraid of random endgame spoilers popping up because you know assholes are gonna be doing that.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So, slightly embarrassing post, but can RDR2 peeps help me out a bit? When I last played the game it was after a long night of drinking with a friend (during which I got video of the game being broken but that's besides the point):

The last thing I clearly remember is doing the big raid and firing a cannon at an attacking ship on fake Puerto Rico. I loaded up the game earlier before playing TF2 and saw I was talking to Sadie during a gunfight I think and have no idea what happened in between these two things. Can someone fill me in? I must have got back to America somehow...but how, how long, and how did we meet up with the gang?
You help the Guarma rebels which leads to them helping you get a boat back to America. After the bank heist Sadie got the gang out of the old hideout before the Pinkertons showed up and then left coded messages with the location of the new hideout for the Guarma gang to find if they ever made it back.

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect a Jaffe "I learned a lot of lessons yesterday" post ala Cliffy B and the whole Riot Games thing.

Or a doubling down the likes of which we've never seen.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

You help blow up Fussar in Guarma, and get the captain of a small ship to take you back to the USA. Arthur rides to Shady Belle, with an incredible song by D'Angelo as a backdrop, to look for remnants of the gang. They've moved to another area in the swamps, where they are assaulted by Pinkertons. This is probably where you were.

Here's the song. It's a moment quite like crossing into Mexico in RDR1. (don't read comments obviously)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah also... I quicly tried Warframe on the switch in handled mode last night and huh... Yeah... I think I'll pass. Between the incredibly small text and the weird controls... Meh

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You help the Guarma rebels which leads to them helping you get a boat back to America. After the bank heist Sadie got the gang out of the old hideout before the Pinkertons showed up and then left coded messages with the location of the new hideout for the Guarma gang to find if they ever made it back.
You help blow up Fussar in Guarma, and get the captain of a small ship to take you back to the USA. Arthur rides to Shady Belle, with an incredible song by D'Angelo as a backdrop, to look for remnants of the gang. They've moved to another area in the swamps, where they are assaulted by Pinkertons. This is probably where you were.
I feel super shitty for not remembering this. I especially love the moments that use music that way. Is there a link you can find that doesn't also spoil the end?

Otherwise, thank you for the reminder. It's not ringing a bell but I get the idea.
Oh yeah also... I quicly tried Warframe on the switch in handled mode last night and huh... Yeah... I think I'll pass. Between the incredibly small text and the weird controls... Meh
So here's the problem with Warframe: It reads better on every console that isn't the Switch, and it plays better on every console that isn't the Switch. It's impressive that it works on it as well as it does, but Warframiness can be had elsewhere much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.