• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
So you know how Jeff tends to say stuff like "I was just holding/looking at *blank* LAST WEEKEND" whenever they talk about obscure stuff? Happened again on the Bombcast. Do we think this is a weird conversational tick he has or does he legit just always happen to have a relevant anecdote at all times?

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
So you know how Jeff tends to say stuff like "I was just holding/looking at *blank* LAST WEEKEND" whenever they talk about obscure stuff? Happened again on the Bombcast. Do we think this is a weird conversational tick he has or does he legit just always happen to have a relevant anecdote at all times?
it's an in joke but he was actually holding it too

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Ah man do I watch the Game Awards tonight or Thursday Night Football? Can't miss out on my football so who's playing tonight...

It's Titans vs Jaguars
giphy.gif

I'll just watch the Game Awards instead.
I have a sickness where I need to consume all primetime football, so I'm gonna stream the awards and watch the game on TV

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I mean "not 48 hours ago" etc. is a running joke at this point; it might have been a habit at some point but it became intentional

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
how can you rank these when you haven't read all the Nasu works released in English in 2018, Whippy

you have to read Canaan first

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Based on just how many games he has, it's pretty safe to assume that he has held or at least seen the physical version of that thing he's talking about at least recently. Dude owns a fuckton of games/consoles/swag from being in the industry for most of his life.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a legit book of this that came out this year?

I remember the anime that came out ages ago...

The Canaan anime is actually a sequel to 428.

like, I'm not joking, that's literally what it is

The "Canaan" I'm mentioning here is a short bonus scenario (written/illustrated by Nasu) you unlock after beating 428, set before the game.

it's... not amazing, but it exists

Can I throw hundreds of dollars at it and not get what I want.

no but you'll still probably be unsatisfied

Oct 27, 2017
Based on just how many games he has, it's pretty safe to assume that he has held or at least seen the physical version of that thing he's talking about at least recently. Dude owns a fuckton of games/consoles/swag from being in the industry for most of his life.

I'm sure he actually has the thing he's describing but I was always thinking the way he introduces it into conversation "was looking at it not 48 hours ago" always seemed like a funny conversational tick he uses to relate to the stuff being talked about.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
The Canaan anime is actually a sequel to 428.

like, I'm not joking, that's literally what it is

The "Canaan" I'm mentioning here is a short bonus scenario (written/illustrated by Nasu) you unlock after beating 428, set before the game.

it's... not amazing, but it exists

no but you'll still probably be unsatisfied

Lol, I bought 428 last sale and this certainly made me more interested in playing through it. Canaan was indeed not amazing but it had some neat concepts.

I usually find Nasu's stuff to not be the best writing around but i almost always like the scenarios he comes up with. They are also the right kind of convoluted.

Oct 25, 2017
I just imagine his house full of old games. Like having-to-move-three-copies-of-Lair-to-get-to-the-bathroom full.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rushing to gamestop right after work tomorrow to get my new Switch game, and also a copy for my sister for xmas

Katamari Damacy Reroll

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to start using my ipad as a wireless keyboard for my pc and it works really well lol

Best use case i can think of for this thing

Nevermind this sucks

Last edited:

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
In the Smash QL Ben was looking for a theme playing Classic mode with Ken like he did with Ryu but didn't see one. I noticed that Ken was matched up with all the "rival" or secondary antagonists from other games. Ken is Ryu's rival, Wolf is Fox's, Dark Pit to Pit, Dark Samus to Samus, etc. Nice touch

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Dan telling Drew to always use the Riot Gun/SMG was so fucking frustrating.

It didn't affect her as much at that affected Drew, but Mike Mahardy telling Mary Kish to not buy the TMP and sell all the TMP ammo in RE4 was pretty damn frustrating. She kept running out of bullets for her guns because of his advice, and the TMP is really useful for certain situations and boss fights, particularly if it's your first time playing the game or if you're just not super accurate.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
In the Smash QL Ben was looking for a theme playing Classic mode with Ken like he did with Ryu but didn't see one. I noticed that Ken was matched up with all the "rival" or secondary antagonists from other games. Ken is Ryu's rival, Wolf is Fox's, Dark Pit to Pit, Dark Samus to Samus, etc. Nice touch

Sounds like the game is full of nice touches

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS+ Asia users get Gravity Rush 2 and Katamari (plus God Eater 2) as their free games got dayum good month all around for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.