Giant Bomb|OT X|MOM'S DEAD PARKOUR

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Oct 26, 2017
I might prefer RDR2 when all is said and done, if only for the narrative, but I think GoW is much better assembled
In terms of direction and jamming the pieces together I completely agree with GoW, I just don't enjoy all the pieces of GoW. Direction is definitely it's category.

May 5, 2018
Also I enjoyed the Orchestral bit, but it felt short compared to last year. Seeing Lena Raine perform with that orchestra was awesome though!

The announcements weren't that much in my wheelhouse besides Joker in Smash, MK 11 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance being a Switch exclusive. CTR looks good too. But otherwise I felt like many of the announcements were "Eh, not for me."

Glad a good amount of my games won some awards. Poor Octopath got Horizon-ed not winning anything though. So did Spider-Man.

Oct 26, 2017
Like God of War massively succeeds in Direction, and massively fails in Editing. Never has a distinction for games been more clear to me.

Oct 25, 2017
they should've had p3mc, he's an absolute glutton and would make great friends with kirby.

I'm actually really looking forward to Joker Kirby
I was discussing it in the FatT Discord and someone presented the thought of Joker Kirby and, yes, extremely gonna be good

The popularity that Rockstar has is a double edged sword. For one, they finally make something so interesting and memorable when compared to all their other games that I feel, for the first time, they deserve something. However, most people will shit on them because they've always had that "high and mighty" attitude about them which is also something I hate with Rockstar. But man, the the things they did in RDR2 made me say things like "I'd believe anyone in the whole world to write that but NEVER rockstar". Some of the most touching and humane moments I've experienced in a game in a long fucking time.

Edit: I should rephrase that in the sense that some people may never give RDR2 a chance just because of that. I know it sold like gangbusters but man, I wish more people would play the damn thing in full so I could talk with them about it. Still waiting for some in my family to finish it so I could fuckin discuss shit about it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff killed it this year, that was a great show. Tons of awesome announcements, great musical performances, and some great speeches. Ran a little long, but the content offering was incredible. My jaw dropped twice (Ultimate Alliance and Persona), which I wasn't expecting. Now I just need Persona 5 on Switch to be announced. I'm surprised that didn't happen right after.

kinda bummed the only Nintendo announcement was a cool dlc character for a game they don't really need to sell anyone else on.. wish they had at least dropped crimson announcement too.
Marvel?

Oct 26, 2017
Geoff killed it this year, that was a great show. Tons of awesome announcements, great musical performances, and some great speeches. Ran a little long, but the content offering was incredible. My jaw dropped twice (Ultimate Alliance and Persona), which I wasn't expecting. Now I just need Persona 5 on Switch to be announced. I'm surprised that didn't happen right after.
Gonna be honest, the Lena Raine thing and Boogie thing are competing in terms of making Geoff's show cool vs. shit. At least one was featured this year and one was just invited. But hey, they got SonicFox on stage being his true self. But also Ninja, as awarded by dudes.

These awards still have a ways to go, let's say. And Keighley is still a corporate whore before he is anything else.

I'm off to bed, kids. The new thread will drop sometime during the weekend, I got quite a busy weekend with my research so I'll try my best! expect it sometime on Sat or Sun. Perhaps even earlier if I manage to finish what I need to finish quicker or I manage to squeeze in the finishing touches. This is also a chance to KEEP ON VOTING SO THAT YOU DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT DEMOCRACY

Oct 26, 2017
Boogie and Jaffe do not approve of this. Just accept their condemnation of being yourself (or acceptance of others condemning being yourself) and maybe in ten years, and of course less loudly, it'll be okay to be you.

Can't fucking believe IMC actually used the word "oppressing", even if jokingly. Fox owned his ass here.
I only peed once!
And fuck you too, buddy! That shit was three hours long!

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the first zone in Tetris in VR...yeah that's cool.

I also started that "Apollo 11 VR Experience" thing on PSN cause I'm a huge Apollo fan and....it's all right I guess... Too bad it basically look like a PS2 game... Kinda kills the immersion...

Oct 26, 2017
so we got
- Obsidian’s follow up to New Vegas
- first real Psychonauts 2 trailer
- proper Dragon Age 4 announcement
- SonicFox victory
- Joker in SmashBros which even made me happy
not bad, Geoff
"Proper" is a strong word to use for whatever that DA4 thing was.

But more important than anything else, weird Simogo anime music runner game and also Journey is coming to PC.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that thing has got to be the most overrated game on the Wii U and that’s saying a lot. It’s an okay persona lite JRPG at best.
That's being generous. It's an ocean of the worst anime stereotypes and shitty dungeon design with a neat battle system. The battle system is legit the only redeeming aspect of that game. It's like 2017's Resonance of Fate.