• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory generalisations
Anime is for paedophiles.
I agree to be honest.

The number of anime profile pictures I saw defending underage sexualisation when I was a mod was pretty high.

The fact that this pedo pandering is growing more commonplace in media both inside and outside of anime is sickening. Even Nintendo has done it to an extent with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade games.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I agree to be honest.

The number of anime profile pictures I saw defending underage sexualisation when I was a mod was pretty high.

The fact that this pedo pandering is growing more commonplace in media both inside and outside of anime is sickening. Even Nintendo has done it to an extent with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade games.
Yes I obviously said it so bluntly for comedic effect and hopefully most anime fans here are cool, but there's clearly a huge crossover.

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
In terms of reception insanity KH3 or Shenmue 3.
I've already seen Kingdom hearts stans on twitter threatening reviewers that if they talk shit about the narrative without knowing every bit of lore they're going to be harassed.

I'll probably like the game as a nonsensical flashy light character action and little more, despite having completed the series so far. That series' story has issues that go deeper beyond being convoluted.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the playstation QL was prob done, and probably just preparation to do stuff.
Maybe they'll record two days worth of game of the year discussion instead.

WAIT

Brad "Here Comes the Snow" Shoemaker planned this

he KNEW Dan and Jeff would be unstoppable, so he held the GOTY talks today in order to stop Dan from participating and get RDR2 in first

Tomorrow Dan will come in shock and find out GOTY is over. Devious.

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
nah this year they are only doing 4 categories but each one is 8 hours each with the 4th one being GOTY and taking 20 hours.
So best graphics (which is now also best styyyyyle), best soundtrack (in which several soundtracks are played in their entirety), best world (most hours are debating definitions that end in people bringing rival dictionaries), and best game (which ends similarly to the hateful eight)

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen Evangelion, but I remember Austin talking about it a lot. Does anyone remember what that was on?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Over a month since RDR2 came out and still not even a date on the soundtrack. The fuck is going on.

Sep 12, 2018
I'd love of Waypoint 101 on it, especially tackling the more... questionable aspects.

Funny how Anno then went on to write and direct End of Evangelion's opening scene, which is a kind of meta-commentary on anime fans wanking over underage girls.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked when Shinji and Asuka did their training in the hyperbolic time chamber.

they do have a sync episode where they have to essentially fusion dance that I think is super amazing

honestly eva starts out as in a very 'monster of the week' style format with the 'oh no, a giant angel is terrorising the town today! pilots, deal with your interpersonal drama and fuck that thing up!' and only kind of gradually reveals itself as, to put it bluntly, Not That.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
almost time for the end of mass alex.

then we can add it to the series graveyard!

its a joke, it's probably the series with the most chance of coming back since vinny loves the series.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
So I don't use Twitter anymore, but I gather that everyone from the East Coast is out West except Dan, is everything okay with him?

Deleted member 10234

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Pyst existed but looking it up now I need East to stream this game
The Wikipedia page for the game linked to an interview with Alex where he gave his opinion of the game: https://www.inverse.com/article/12380-where-are-the-funny-video-games

One of the first PC games I ever played was Pyst, which was a Myst spoof featuring John Goodman. But I'd never played Myst, so I didn't get many of the jokes. And, in retrospect: not a very good parody either. But, at the time, I thought it was a funny game because it kept shouting at me: "THIS IS A FUNNY GAME!"

Sep 12, 2018
Uh it's not like they're going to miss a bombcast for goty.
Oh it was because a post earlier made it sound like they think the bombcast was recorded in lieu of the gotycast but I just saw that it's the same person. :P
I am so confused. Nobody talked about them missing a Bombcast. Was referring to them recording the Bombcast on Monday instead since Dan wasn't there for GOTY discussions, though I could be wrong on this front too.

Last edited:

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
I am so confused. Nobody talked about them missing a Bombcast. Was referring to them recording the Bombcast on Monday instead since Dan wasn't there for GOTY discussions, though I could be wrong on this front too.
yeah the poddy has already been recorded without dan, a lucky few were able to see it on youtube while it was there for a hot sec before they took it down, presumably to put it up when the live bombcast usually goes up? who knows it's not on the schedule yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.