• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Just Cause 3 run pretty poorly too or was that just consoles? Remember their was talk about it running pretty bad.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Just Cause 3 run pretty poorly too or was that just consoles? Remember their was talk about it running pretty bad.
PC version was kinda jacked, too. Not as bad as console, but I stopped playing after a couple hours because I couldn't make it hold a consistent 30 without stuttering and hitching constantly. Never really went back because of it tbh.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they recorded the Beastcast after all this Soulja Boy pirated console stuff happened. I need Jeff's take on this insanity.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

1. Good.
2. Asshat is less believable than Filip Miucin when he said he never heard of GG

Eh. Who knows. You're probably right but honestly until I started posted here more reguarly GamerGate was just some horrible lynch mob in 2014 to me, I wasn't familiar with most of the watch words people around here seem to be very well versed in.

I think some people who are deep in the social media bubble don't realise how little attention the average gamer or person pays to that stuff or even the reaction from other side. And honestly most of the time that's way more healthy for the individual.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
From the Kotaku article:
[Halliday] also says he wasn't aware of Gamergate, which is a puzzling claim considering he has written two editorials in 2015 and 2016, the first of which criticized frequent Gamergate targets Anita Sarkeesian and Jonathan McIntosh, makers of the "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" YouTube series and the second of which nailed the Gamergate talking points: "The video game media has been whipping itself on the back of late," he wrote. "If it's not lying to their users or giving misinformation, it's declaring gamers 'dead' while lambasting certain genders and races. Should we really be so shocked that this is the next step? The sad fact is, instead of using their platforms and voice to expose non-violent games, they chose to moan and preach." Later, he took a swing at the gaming site Polygon saying of their writers: "Cries of sexism, racism and other social issues has left their name dented a bruised."

Both editorials have since been deleted.
oops mask slipped

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Who knows. You're probably right but honestly until I started posted here more reguarly GamerGate was just some horrible lynch mob in 2014 to me, I wasn't familiar with most of the watch words people around here seem to be very well versed in.

I think some people who are deep in the social media bubble don't realise how little attention the average gamer or person pays to that stuff or even the reaction from other side. And honestly most of the time that's way more healthy for the individual.

He wasn't the average gamer; he was the social media manager for GOG. The Eurogamer article posted earlier paints a clear picture on what kind of person he is.

Oct 25, 2017

If you are hired as a community manager responsible for the social media output of a company and monitoring it's forums it's kinda your job to know those things tho

Status
Not open for further replies.