• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I might prefer RDR2 when all is said and done, if only for the narrative, but I think GoW is much better assembled

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do these fucking rumor mongers do it just to get me to stay up to midnight on a Thursday?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So just FYI about Mixer chat:
Like 80% WOOOO
10% GAAAAYYYY (not even sure what that means)
5% TRAP GAME (that's super shitty obvi but I'm not sure what they were getting at)
5% SPLINTER CELL

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Tuned in to hear Lena play a few moments of Celeste's score along with a big orchestra and I leave satisfied

May 5, 2018
OK this just dawned on me, but MK 11 is COMING TO SWITCH! Its totally gonna be the worst version of that game but I'm gonna buy it. It comes out on my Birthday!

May 5, 2018
Also I enjoyed the Orchestral bit, but it felt short compared to last year. Seeing Lena Raine perform with that orchestra was awesome though!

The announcements weren't that much in my wheelhouse besides Joker in Smash, MK 11 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance being a Switch exclusive. CTR looks good too. But otherwise I felt like many of the announcements were "Eh, not for me."

Glad a good amount of my games won some awards. Poor Octopath got Horizon-ed not winning anything though. So did Spider-Man.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Like God of War massively succeeds in Direction, and massively fails in Editing. Never has a distinction for games been more clear to me.

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The forum finally got brought down by nerds rushing to the Metroid thread to call for insiders' heads lol

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
they should've had p3mc, he's an absolute glutton and would make great friends with kirby.

I'm actually really looking forward to Joker Kirby

I was discussing it in the FatT Discord and someone presented the thought of Joker Kirby and, yes, extremely gonna be good

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
The popularity that Rockstar has is a double edged sword. For one, they finally make something so interesting and memorable when compared to all their other games that I feel, for the first time, they deserve something. However, most people will shit on them because they've always had that "high and mighty" attitude about them which is also something I hate with Rockstar. But man, the the things they did in RDR2 made me say things like "I'd believe anyone in the whole world to write that but NEVER rockstar". Some of the most touching and humane moments I've experienced in a game in a long fucking time.

Edit: I should rephrase that in the sense that some people may never give RDR2 a chance just because of that. I know it sold like gangbusters but man, I wish more people would play the damn thing in full so I could talk with them about it. Still waiting for some in my family to finish it so I could fuckin discuss shit about it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zoe15TE_d.jpg

Gah bless game pass

ThanksVision

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda bummed the only Nintendo announcement was a cool dlc character for a game they don't really need to sell anyone else on.. wish they had at least dropped crimson announcement too.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff killed it this year, that was a great show. Tons of awesome announcements, great musical performances, and some great speeches. Ran a little long, but the content offering was incredible. My jaw dropped twice (Ultimate Alliance and Persona), which I wasn't expecting. Now I just need Persona 5 on Switch to be announced. I'm surprised that didn't happen right after.

kinda bummed the only Nintendo announcement was a cool dlc character for a game they don't really need to sell anyone else on.. wish they had at least dropped crimson announcement too.

Marvel?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I now have officially too many launchers. Steam, Bnet, Origin, Uplay, Epic, Windows Store, and Oculus. Fucking hell.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Geoff killed it this year, that was a great show. Tons of awesome announcements, great musical performances, and some great speeches. Ran a little long, but the content offering was incredible. My jaw dropped twice (Ultimate Alliance and Persona), which I wasn't expecting. Now I just need Persona 5 on Switch to be announced. I'm surprised that didn't happen right after.
Gonna be honest, the Lena Raine thing and Boogie thing are competing in terms of making Geoff's show cool vs. shit. At least one was featured this year and one was just invited. But hey, they got SonicFox on stage being his true self. But also Ninja, as awarded by dudes.

These awards still have a ways to go, let's say. And Keighley is still a corporate whore before he is anything else.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Can't believe they're putting Joker in Smash

Doesn't he have weak bones as a result of a childhood illness I don't get how he is going to fight with quips

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I'm off to bed, kids. The new thread will drop sometime during the weekend, I got quite a busy weekend with my research so I'll try my best! expect it sometime on Sat or Sun. Perhaps even earlier if I manage to finish what I need to finish quicker or I manage to squeeze in the finishing touches. This is also a chance to KEEP ON VOTING SO THAT YOU DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT DEMOCRACY

Status
Not open for further replies.