• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• New Personal Best

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 100 33.0%
  • Dreamed And Directed By

Votes: 23 7.6%
  • How To End A Toxic Friendship

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • The Footlong Experience

Votes: 45 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago

I only peed twice during the show but yet I somehow missed this. I only saw her present an award.
It was quick, the orchestra playing a few moments of music introducing each GOTY nominee before the end.

If nothing else I'm glad they did more with the orchestra this year, easily one of the most satisfying parts of the show.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Even months after beating God of War, the lack of boss variety irritates me. But RDR2 has similar repetition in terms of quest design, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Boogie and Jaffe do not approve of this. Just accept their condemnation of being yourself (or acceptance of others condemning being yourself) and maybe in ten years, and of course less loudly, it'll be okay to be you.

Can't fucking believe IMC actually used the word "oppressing", even if jokingly. Fox owned his ass here.
And fuck you too, buddy! That shit was three hours long!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Just did the first zone in Tetris in VR...yeah that's cool.

I also started that "Apollo 11 VR Experience" thing on PSN cause I'm a huge Apollo fan and....it's all right I guess... Too bad it basically look like a PS2 game... Kinda kills the immersion...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
so we got
- Obsidian's follow up to New Vegas
- first real Psychonauts 2 trailer
- proper Dragon Age 4 announcement
- SonicFox victory
- Joker in SmashBros which even made me happy
not bad, Geoff

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
so we got
- Obsidian's follow up to New Vegas
- first real Psychonauts 2 trailer
- proper Dragon Age 4 announcement
- SonicFox victory
- Joker in SmashBros which even made me happy
not bad, Geoff
"Proper" is a strong word to use for whatever that DA4 thing was.

But more important than anything else, weird Simogo anime music runner game and also Journey is coming to PC.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
ss_4fe162d9752bc89c2de14ba549ffb6a6260b09aa.jpg

this screenshot makes me so happy

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that thing has got to be the most overrated game on the Wii U and that's saying a lot. It's an okay persona lite JRPG at best.

That's being generous. It's an ocean of the worst anime stereotypes and shitty dungeon design with a neat battle system. The battle system is legit the only redeeming aspect of that game. It's like 2017's Resonance of Fate.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Kinda crazy that with Outer Worlds, Obsidian is simultaneously showing Bethesda up on Fallout 76 and Starfield. Really looking forward to that one.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Shit I guess I missed the free Hades price error on the Epic Store because I couldn't reset my password properly

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Y'know, it's actually kinda funny that the Joel McHale "Oh boy!" head-slap moment is what immediately preceded the SonicFox thing. Some of us thought the worst, but then...
Shit I guess I missed the free Hades price error on the Epic Store because I couldn't reset my password properly
Look, I love Supergiant, like I fucking love Pyre, but it's no Journey. Journey is there. Who cares about Hades.

Actually given what Supergiant does it's really weird they have another game sorta ready to play like a year and a bit after their last one.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, it's actually kinda funny that the Joel McHale "Oh boy!" head-slap moment is what immediately preceded the SonicFox thing. Some of us thought the worst, but then...

Look, I love Supergiant, like I fucking love Pyre, but it's no Journey. Journey is there. Who cares about Hades.

Actually given what Supergiant does it's really weird they have another game sorta ready to play like a year and a bit after their last one.
The only Supergiant game I have played is Bastion and I thought it was all right... But hey... Free is Free lol

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
What's so great about that screenshot? 3 dialogue choices isn't exactly a return to form. IDK the humor in that trailer rubbed me the wrong way. Not as excited as I expected to be for that game. I typically love everything obsidian puts out so we'll see.

Oct 27, 2017
Are videos on the site suddenly autoplaying for anybody else or is it just me? It's very unfun :(

Edit: Never mind, it's an issue in bug reporting so obviously it's not just me!

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
The only Supergiant game I have played is Bastion and I thought it was all right... But hey... Free is Free lol
Oh, it was free? Well, go for it, dude.

Also, I don't love Transistor, but Supergiant games are the epitome of appropriate scaling and production scope. Them shits are tight. They're all around 10 hours long and mostly paced impeccably.

If they were on disc I'd ship them to you just to make you obligated to play them. You really should, dude.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it was free? Well, go for it, dude.

Also, I don't love Transistor, but Supergiant games are the epitome of appropriate scaling and production scope. Them shits are tight. They're all around 10 hours long and mostly paced impeccably.

If they were on disc I'd ship them to you just to make you obligated to play them. You really should, dude.
It was free when it first went up but I couldn'T login... I went to play VR for a while and when I came back and finally managed to fix my account they had fixed the price.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
What's so great about that screenshot? 3 dialogue choices isn't exactly a return to form. IDK the humor in that trailer rubbed me the wrong way. Not as excited as I expected to be for that game. I typically love everything obsidian puts out so we'll see.
It's not just three choices.
It's one that needs a certain stat to use.
It's another that's sort of passive and kinda just keeps the conversation going.
It's yet another that involves active aggression and ends the conversation.
They're all doing different things there mechanically and systemically. That is definitely tighter than BGS' last couple games.
Bastion bored me to tears and I haven't really played their games since that.
Look, you like RDR2. You're into lengthy sequences of dialogue and then sort of inscrutable mechanics in brief gameplay sequences.

You'd be way into Pyre.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I posted the MK 11 trailer on my Facebook feed now that I can finally talk about the game and my brother (who likes fighting stuff but doesn't actually play games) went on a long rant about how the trailer is not realistic and how those characters should have died within seconds considering the violence of the different attacks.... sigh...

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
So I posted the MK 11 trailer on my Facebook feed now that I can finally talk about the game and my brother (who likes fighting stuff but doesn't actually play games) went on a long rant about how the trailer is not realistic and how those characters should have died within seconds considering the violence of the different attacks.... sigh...
i look forward to hearing their theories about why scorpion could not feasibly have a burning skull for a head and constantly come back from hell

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's not just three choices.
It's one that needs a certain stat to use.
It's another that's sort of passive and kinda just keeps the conversation going.
It's yet another that involves active aggression and ends the conversation.
They're all doing different things there mechanically and systemically. That is definitely tighter than BGS' last couple games.

Look, you like RDR2. You're into lengthy sequences of dialogue and then sort of inscrutable mechanics in brief gameplay sequences.

You'd be way into Pyre.

I'll give it a shot...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give it a shot...
Now that I think more about it, it's about slowly gaining and slowly losing a crew of people who you then use on particular missions, and you'll learn more about them as you go. It's pretty much exactly red dead 2, but half visual novel and half a sports game.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Silly that the next OT is up for a poll. We need to make up for our fuck up by not dedicating the last one to Alex's rock band. I'm still salty this ended up being the title for OT10, it's an OT6 title at best

Status
Not open for further replies.