• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and canceled my Premium Membership, set to renew on January 8th.
This was a BAD year for content I cared about, and for most of the year, the only value I was getting out of it was ad-free versions of Podcasts. I really didn't watch much GB video content this year, and the GOTY podcasts was the final straw in the "Maybe, after all these years, I'm done with Giant Bomb". They just made me feel uncomfortable at points.

I'm going to keep my subs to the podcasts, but I'm now 2 weeks behind on Beastcasts and don't think I'll listen to those. I'll keep an eye on the premium content they put out this year- if they ramp it up with stuff that interests me, I wouldn't be opposed to re-joining, but for now, I think it's time to take a break from GB.

But hey, I FINALLY get to hear what Jeff and Vinny's Live Reads on the podcasts will be like on the normal versions of the shows!

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I didn't enjoy the GOTY content this year but I think East are still putting out enough content that I enjoy for me to keep my premium subscription. If it wasn't for them though I wouldn't be bothering which is something I never thought I would say.

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and canceled my Premium Membership, set to renew on January 8th.
This was a BAD year for content I cared about, and for most of the year, the only value I was getting out of it was ad-free versions of Podcasts. I really didn't watch much GB video content this year, and the GOTY podcasts was the final straw in the "Maybe, after all these years, I'm done with Giant Bomb". They just made me feel uncomfortable at points.

I'm going to keep my subs to the podcasts, but I'm now 2 weeks behind on Beastcasts and don't think I'll listen to those. I'll keep an eye on the premium content they put out this year- if they ramp it up with stuff that interests me, I wouldn't be opposed to re-joining, but for now, I think it's time to take a break from GB.

But hey, I FINALLY get to hear what Jeff and Vinny's Live Reads on the podcasts will be like on the normal versions of the shows!

I can't fathom this opinion, I think this year was their best ever, but to each their own.

Five Venoms

Oct 27, 2017
H-hey, guys! So hadn't posted since the migration, glad to be here.

The GOTY thread seemed pretty um....bad, so I'm not going to go there, just wanted to say hi everybody and Yakuza 0 was robbed, and that given the abject nightmare of said GOTY thread I am abstaining from any criticism of GB staff members because I like them all in the end, and civil discussion has died a horrible death.

Also thanks to all of you for being you. Happy New Years!

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
H-hey, guys! So hadn't posted since the migration, glad to be here.

The GOTY thread seemed pretty um....bad, so I'm not going to go there, just wanted to say hi everybody and Yakuza 0 was robbed, and that given the abject nightmare of said GOTY thread I am abstaining from any criticism of GB staff members because I like them all in the end, and civil discussion has died a horrible death.

Also thanks to all of you for being you. Happy New Years!
fwiw, all the Y0 links and gifs i've seen from people saying it was robbed in the goty thread has made me buy it. Maybe GB just went for the long con...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
saw the shape of water

it was very good

the big booty fish man was just

0j0IL6T.jpg

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god best of 2017

So many moments I forgot, in stitches the entire time

Oct 25, 2017
I still have Hitmas and the Rock Band video to watch.

Also that beastcast and the latest bombcast.

#content

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.