• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i've actually been on a gamedev kick recently but i could go a frostpunk

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
i've actually been on a gamedev kick recently but i could go a frostpunk
Frostpunk seems heck of depressing, though, and while that is entirely my shit, after God of War and Wildlands I need something more genuinely uplifting like end-of-their-rope space mercenary drama in the form of BattleTech.

Feed me all the dourness.

I feel like the only genuinely positive game I played this year was Celeste. Northgard, Far Cry, Into the Breach...they're all about fighting off some dark shit on the hope it may eventually get better.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Visually Battletech really look like shit...

Frost Punk is more my kind of game but man I already have way too many games to play

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Visually Battletech really look like shit...

Frost Punk is more my kind of game but man I already have way too many games to play

isn't battletech badly optimized currently unless you have high end specs?
Yeah, the game is all sorts of unoptimized for how it looks. Hitchy and janky and framey, ironically sort of like vanilla XCOM2 but a little worse?

And I'm on an i5 and a 980; it's not like it's a slouch of a system. The game needs some patches.

Where's that option? Menu size? I've turned that up all the way and it's still way too small on my tv.

That slider only affects certain parts of the menu; mostly boxes on the map screen and blows up the journal size in the codex, I think? Lots of text in the game was still too small even after I maxed that bar out.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
isn't battletech badly optimized currently unless you have high end specs?

I find it's mostly bad with loading. Once you are on a map it's fine. Though i do have meaty system. I hope it's something they can fix and not them stretching Unity too far past it's limitations.

I haven't been able to play it as much as i wanted to but so far it's pretty good. Lots of moving parts on the battlefield, long range fights are fun, as is stomping puny tanks dumb enough to come close to you.

The metagame seems meaty but I haven't enough of grasp on systems to tell if good or not. Pilots and Mechs are a precious rescource though and they take forever to fix. I'm already scrounging up replacements with the little money i have...

Nightguy

Oct 31, 2017
Oh nice they drank my Malta India on the west mailbag. Move over as friend of the site Blitz, you may have gotten a question on the Bakalar show but I got Puerto Rican candy and Malta on the mailbag.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game is all sorts of unoptimized for how it looks. Hitchy and janky and framey, ironically sort of like vanilla XCOM2 but a little worse?

And I'm on an i5 and a 980; it's not like it's a slouch of a system. The game needs some patches.

hey did hitman and prey crap out for you a lot? Hitman in particular was godawful and i was running an i5 and a 1070. couldn't figure it out, all my research said those specs should be fine for at least medium but it was hitching at low.

i upgraded my OS but haven't reinstalled since

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
hey did hitman and prey crap out for you a lot? Hitman in particular was godawful and i was running an i5 and a 1070. couldn't figure it out, all my research said those specs should be fine for at least medium but it was hitching at low.

i upgraded my OS but haven't reinstalled since
Like, recently? No. Hitman had some performance issues for me near launch IIRC but aside from some micro-stuttering or minor hitching that feels like it happens in the bigger maps, it's mostly pretty good.

Also Prey only hitched for me when it was loading separate areas in elevators or whatnot when it didn't matter. That makes me think it's my hard drive.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

Ten minutes ago I would've said there's no way it runs worse than XCOM 2 at release... but I kinda agree now. In my last mission an enemy damaged a building and henceforth my FPS was locked to 19 while viewing smoke coming from the building. Tried tinkering with settings but it made no difference; FPS jumped back up when the smoke was out of view.

And this is with the new Battletech Nvidia drivers.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's what I'm saying; when there are specific random effects and enemy deaths that cause the hitching, that's a lack of optimization.

Still, for the couple hours I have put in so far the game is a blast.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
mS46GvH.jpg

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Like, recently? No. Hitman had some performance issues for me near launch IIRC but aside from some micro-stuttering or minor hitching that feels like it happens in the bigger maps, it's mostly pretty good.

Also Prey only hitched for me when it was loading separate areas in elevators or whatnot when it didn't matter. That makes me think it's my hard drive.

hmmm. maybe it was just me trying to run it on windows 8 in dx9? idk.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to watch that Vinny, Jeff Deadly Premonition video, too... bummer.

In better news, the Vinternet is now a go.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, that Austin retweet about Battletech. Jesus, people can be really sensitve these days huh?

Also I don't know who Mike Rowe is and I'm fine keeping it that way

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Nice touch in God of War.
On the Giant's prophecy wall thing Kratos is labeled as Farbauti, Loki's father from the myths. And "Faye" is written as Laufei = Laufey

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, that Austin retweet about Battletech. Jesus, people can be really sensitve these days huh?

Also I don't know who Mike Rowe is and I'm fine keeping it that way

He got famous for showing up at whiskey media once.

1736506-c3nm.jpg

I don't what is it with my brain for being able to remember shit like this.

Edit: oh they literally mentioned it in the video.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cory Barlog is such a cool guy. Can really feel his passion for making games and giving players a cool experience. He totally succeeded with God of War too. Good interview from Brad.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Mimir tells the story in which Loki getting impregnated by a horse happens, but since it naturally doesn't include Loki I'm sorry to say that it seems like the horse fucking is not canon in God of War.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad to see 13DS come to an end, but it was a really fun feature. Proud of Abby for finishing up her first created series. 10 episodes is a good length though, it never felt like it was over staying it's run, which some series occasional do. I'm excited to see what they come up with to take its place. I'm hoping for another game where everyone gets to play like they did with Steal My Sunshine. I like it more when everyone is working together or competing instead of just watching one person play the game.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the next ASG.
Jeff is going to loose his shit at
King Cold. Then loose his shit again when he dies so fast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.