• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Oh....that's not what I was hoping to hear, oh well
Thanks, maybe I'll just mainline the game and do the other stuff later
Atreus explicitly encourages you to go after the side quests from other realms at the end. The idea is that the quests you've been been walled from doing before that weren't accessible by the Lake are far more suited for endgame that for midgame. If you explore midgame, it's better to do so in the areas more immediately accessible because the challenges are better balanced for it. That said, it's still a frustrating choice.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will double dip on both Into the Breach and Battletech if they make iPad versions.

What did Mike Rowe do? I looked at Google News and the most recent article is about him helping support a woman's efforts to help the homeless.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I will double dip on both Into the Breach and Battletech if they make iPad versions.

What did Mike Rowe do? I looked at Google News and the most recent article is about him helping support a woman's efforts to help the homeless.
He hosts a podcast that's mostly a whole bunch of Libertarian-lite nonsense about how the millennials suck and complain too much, and poor people and minorities need to learn how to work harder, and people need to stop being "snowflakes", etc. He's been working at the respectability politics thing for a while now.

He's kinda like a significantly more watered-down version of Jordan Peterson without the psychobabble.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA

he hides behind his salt of the earth, hard working image to just spout trash about how colleges are evil and safe spaces, any critiscism is whining and complaining, and how anyone less fortunate is just lazy and doesnt understand that lifes not fair

hes just a smug libertarian ass who tries too much to weasel out of any actual hard position and just endlessly complain

mostly likely complaining about how hes tired of celebrities complaining. we all know the type by now

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if I can bring a routrer and modem with me on a plane?

I'm moving and I wanna set up my internet as soon as I get to my new place. That way I'll have wifi while the rest of my stuff gets here.

Speaking of moving, as public transit gotten any better in Miami? If no, please respond with laughter

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Anyone know if I can bring a routrer and modem with me on a plane?

I'm moving and I wanna set up my internet as soon as I get to my new place. That way I'll have wifi while the rest of my stuff gets here.

Speaking of moving, as public transit gotten any better in Miami? If no, please respond with laughter

You shouldn't have any problem. I've brought a ton of equipment with me when flying (routers, switches, wiring, etc) and other than the odd person asking me what it's for, never been an issue

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
i looked at the steam comments for the new pubg test update and it's all people thanking bluehole instead of shouting at them

(it's a very good update)

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
our boy fits like a glove in that tesla

QE0qaPz.png

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Is it the one with the weapon rebalancing? Some of those changes sounded really good.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651009712392248570

it's a bunch of really good balance changes so it's not just the 4x AR game anymore, shotguns and smgs and pistols are better, they fixed crazy bike launches and getting stuck in the ground, they finally fixed the school ceiling exploit, you don't have to wait until the loading animation is done for your gun to count as loaded, they added a muscle car, there's 2 new scopes, four new grips, a new choke, the sawn off can be choked, a new gun, the VSS/Mini/SKS are considered DMRs now and can take AR attachments, miramar has more cover and less cluttered cities, l3 helmets are only in crates (but are always in crates), you can find syringes in the world, swimming cheesing isn't viable anymore, you can choose which map you want, you can change reticles on the red dot, the holo sight is better, grenades no longer launch you 50 feet

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god, that Austin retweet about Battletech. Jesus, people can be really sensitve these days huh?
I want to give HBS credit for this because it would be very easy to just not have the they/them pronoun and this idiotic backlash could be seen from a mile away, but they did it anyway.

Man, I feel like I understand Jeff less and less. Him and Jason had some odd complaints about God of War on the latest Bombcast. It's not just this game though. I feel like the more I get to know about their tastes in recent years, the more it seems like they have odd or questionable taste. Obviously games are subjective so I can't fault them for it, but I just find myself scratching my head at the games and things those two get excited for. Seems like they want games and media with intentional schlock and anything that tries to be earnest or serious in tone they dislike. Are these guys the ironic hipsters of video games media?
Jeff's been all over the place for a long time taste-wise. For my money if I had to name my three favourite games they'd be Donkey Kong Country 2, Majora's Mask, and Red Dead Redemption, and he is severely dismissive of all three of those. Yet at the same time his top 5 of 2016 (Titanfall, Doom, The Witness, Hitman, and Superhot) and mine are almost exactly the same. He's enigmatic, that Jeff.

Atreus explicitly encourages you to go after the side quests from other realms at the end. The idea is that the quests you've been been walled from doing before that weren't accessible by the Lake are far more suited for endgame that for midgame. If you explore midgame, it's better to do so in the areas more immediately accessible because the challenges are better balanced for it. That said, it's still a frustrating choice.
I've been playing a bit post-game and even though there's not too much to do, the length of time it takes to get from anything to anything else is putting me off finishing everything.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

To add on to what other people have said, he's also a big climate change denier as well as being pretty anti-science on most matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.