• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Place To Put Your Unrequited Feelings

Votes: 87 29.1%
  • King of the Garbage Boys

Votes: 103 34.4%
  • I Thought Goku Might Be In There

Votes: 67 22.4%
  • They All Seem Good At Their Jobs

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • America's Sweetheart

Votes: 21 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I can't imagine the life of an individual who doesn't like Korg. What a miserable existence that must be.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
"We're literally going to write a space new zealander into the movie only he's made of rocks"
That scene where he ran in and kicked the wall saying "Piss off, ghost" MUST have been improv'd, but it was Marvel so they still did the CGI on top of it. I appreciate that.

Edit: WHICH REMINDS ME:

Don't drink and drive. You can't eat ghost chips.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
aetREta.png
shut it all down, doesn't get any better than this

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the skuxx life you need to be a bad egg. Have a history of offences and reoffences that are too long to list. We're talking graffiti-ing. Littering. Smashing stuff. Burning stuff. Breaking stuff. Stealing stuff. Throwing rocks. Running away … and that's just the stuff I'll let you know about.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Really though, why does mario tennis have a challenge system when it's a computer game and should 100% know if it's ever in or out.

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

I'm sorry but the last superhero film I saw in theaters was Deadpool 2(before it, Logan) and the last one I saw at home was Deadpool 1. I skipped on Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Ant-Man, Dr.Strange, Spider-Man:Homecoming, Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman & Justice League. They just stopped doing anything for me. There are only like 3-5 good(maybe great) recent superhero films out of the 20 or how many the fuck we got. At the very least, Deadpool feels like I'm watching The Naked Gun/Hot Shots of superhero films and it's a ton of fun. In that regard it feels fresh, on the other end of the spectrum Logan also feels fresh because it's so grounded in reality and tells us that hey, maybe them superheroes don't really have their fuckin' shit together.

I still think the Batman Nolan trilogy which is also responsible for the DC gritty darkness circlejerk, is the best set of films about a superhero. The more distant I get from these films, the more I appreciate them. They tell more of a human story rather than a superhero story(count how many minutes Batman appears in all 3 films and you might be surprised!). They're not all consistently great BUT the themes of the films and Batman's entire arc through the trilogy is superb and very well realized. Personally, Batman Begins is my favorite of the bunch followed by The Dark Knight & Rises. Sometimes I feel The Dark Knight edges out Begins just because of the ending. Infact, I don't think there has ever been an ending to a superhero film that made me feel sad and hopeful both at the same time. It ended just about perfect both as a film and as a superhero(Batman) film. Rises didn't have to exist, to be honest with you.

However, I do like that in Rises, Bruce Wayne pushes the idea he had in Batman Begins of Batman being a symbol rather than just one guy. When I think about it though, when it comes to the nature of superheroes, I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree. The idea of me wanting Superheroes to be grounded in reality as much as possible, raising the stakes, taking chances and killing off characters is impossible I guess. They will always find a way to bring them back and they have to, they're a money makin' machine and in essence superheroes are all about winning for the most part. I guess I'm waiting when Marvel starts to bring in interesting stories where fucked up shit happens and it stays that way. That's why making films connected to other future films makes it difficult to do risky and interesting things. We need more isolated films or a trilogy. We don't need 50 interconnected films. I say we but actually most people are enjoying that shit, not me though.

Last edited:

1080peace

Oct 27, 2017
I skipped on Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Ant-Man, Dr.Strange, Spider-Man:Homecoming, Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman & Justice League. They just stopped doing anything for me. There are only like 3-5 good(maybe great) recent superhero films out of the 20 or how many the fuck we got.
I agree with most you said, but Thor:R is so completely different then all those superhero movies. It's like Taika is one of the only ones who understand superheroes are inherently silly and just has fun with it.

The director and also the character.
I know. I meant it as 'he inserts himself as a character'.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
is it just me or is the mario tennis playdate video kinda messed up?

hmm looks like all videos using their player just suck for me right now, audio desyncing and major stuttering

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
DM, you skipped like all of the actually good Marvel movies

though Dr. Strange was very ehhh and I have very mixed feelings on Infinity Wary, to be fair

and I've seen none of DC still, though I guess I should see Wonder Woman and only Wonded Woman at some point

I agree with most you said, but Thor:R is so completely different then all those superhero movies. It's like Taika is one of the only ones who understand superheroes are inherently silly and just has fun with it.

I know. I meant it as 'he inserts himself as a character'.

as much as I've enjoyed Marvel's movies, it does disappoint me that so many of them go for comedy without actually knowing how to be truly lighthearted/fun, so Ragnarok was a really nice change along those lines

1080peace

Oct 27, 2017
as much as I've enjoyed Marvel's movies, it does disappoint me that so many of them go for comedy without actually knowing how to be truly lighthearted/fun
It's the reason why the 'comedy' in Marvel movies does nothing for me. Still have to see Spider-Man tho. That one seems to be a bit better in that regard?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's the reason why the 'comedy' in Marvel movies does nothing for me. Still have to see Spider-Man tho. That one seems to be a bit better in that regard?

I did like the tone of that one too, yeah. It isn't quite the same as Ragnarok, obviously, but I felt it was handled well.

Status
Not open for further replies.