• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Place To Put Your Unrequited Feelings

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • A Usable Plastic Ass

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • It’s Too Late for Everything

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • Weedspeakers.com

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Kiss My Vitruvian Ass

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't think they could do much to improve on the combat of DOOM 2016, but I'm so glad I was wrong. That looks fantastic.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
The "life" system seems weird and makes me ponder the structure of the game.

There's a catch to this, I know it.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This being procedural is an interesting take, though I hope it stays fresh and we still get a good bit of arena combat. I will say I liked the longer sections of demons being added as opposed to mostly rooms or small areas filled with demons.
That KB+M section with all the mobility really sold me.
Yup. This just make me realize more and more that I need a new PC. The speed difference alone makes it worth it. I was also digging the additional control with straight air control around the meat hook.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Lore is cool, but I hope they don't take it in the opposite direction of the last game and try to bog it down or make it far too self-serious. The best thing about the lore was the way it was both totally there and Doomguy was having none of it.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
A procedurally generated run-based game would kinda make sense. But they they did talk up the locations we'd see and that brings to mind level design.

Idk. The combat looks great but you can tell they're holding back on some big hook or gimmick to the game.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Eternal looks amazing, they added a ton of really cool features. I'm surprised how much more mobility options they were able to come up with.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they reveal that the Doomslayer is like part demon on his dad's side but his dad was like mean to him so now he hates demons because his dad forgot his 10th birthday.

I think that would bring some much needed depth to the character.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Those parts where they punched the green, cracked wall definitely looked like a gate between procedure sections.
I thought the same at first but he used the green wall to get back to the 1up, so unless there's other architecture there I think it's more of just a wall to denote progress/secrets.

Lore is cool, but I hope they don't take it in the opposite direction of the last game and try to bog it down or make it far too self-serious. The best thing about the lore was the way it was both totally there and Doomguy was having none of it.
It seemed like the first to me. The world took itself very seriously in a stupid way and Doomguy did not give a fuck beyond not killing humans.

Also, calling it now: You're going to rip a hole in the universe over Mars and blow up hell with the Space BFG.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It looks like its more of the same tone as the first one.
It seemed like the first to me. The world took itself very seriously in a stupid way and Doomguy did not give a fuck beyond not killing humans.
From what they showed, yes. The talk of more lore after the fact makes me a bit cautious. As is with some of the other odd gameplay choices, though we don't really know what they are going for with the green walls, the 1ups. Again, I'm super excited but also being a bit cautious as it's a very high profile sequel to a game that is far too great than anyone ever thought it could be.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait

was there a moment where doom guy had a little rocket shoulder thing like the predator?

I hope it talks and is doom guys best friend

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched an NFL game in maybe 15 years, but I do have some fond memories of playing Madden in my youth. With this new one coming to the PC I'm actually thinking about picking this up while watching the QL....

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This TMNT fanfic on the Beastcast is great.
Lang as the body and Kessler as the Krang Brain controlling it

Oct 25, 2017
2730.png

just got added to the schedule

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
They got Good Morning Football to do the Madden story intro?

Weird, though I guess Madden has the money to do whatever