• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Place To Put Your Unrequited Feelings

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • A Usable Plastic Ass

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • It’s Too Late for Everything

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • Weedspeakers.com

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Kiss My Vitruvian Ass

Votes: 19 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
For the record, I stopped watching Sherlock at Season 4 and haven't resumed it...at all.

I was talking to a girl who got me into Sherlock and now we don't talk anymore so idk if it's just I associate her with Sherlock or I just don't care to continue watching it...

Anyways here's Wonderwall.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I remember Jason talking about a way to kind of accelerate the progression and aleviate maybe the fatigue of going through the first few levels in Dead Cell once you get further into the game but I haven't really seen anything that looks like that?

I'm at a point where I get to the castle without too much trouble but the fact it takes me like 20-30min to get there everything makes it a bit annoying...

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Well a bunch of those clips are from show that are either near to or already passed a decade

Oh totally, but it kinda seriously reminded of a discussion in the beastcast that stuck with me about how there is no such thing as nostalgia anymore and all nostalgia is from the 80s and 90s because of how much it made them sound like ridiculous old men.

I remembered Abby going along with them and I'm like "no, stand your ground as a millennial!"

Oct 25, 2017
Oh totally, but it kinda seriously reminded of a discussion in the beastcast that stuck with me about how there is no such thing as nostalgia anymore and all nostalgia is from the 80s and 90s because of how much it made them sound like ridiculous old men.

I remembered Abby going along with them and I'm like "no, stand your ground as a millennial!"

Honestly whenever members like Ben and Abby (especially Abby) ask about things they don't know much of because of not being born at that point about i get kinda bummed realizing that i'm now an old man :(

The 1st Playstation along with the Saturn and N64 are considered old now.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
You know who the Bombcast hasn't had enough of in a while and could use more of in general? Peter Brown.

Honestly whenever members like Ben and Abby (especially Abby) ask about things they don't know much of because of not being born at that point about i get kinda bummed realizing that i'm now a old man :(

The 1st Playstation along with the DreamCast and Saturn are considered old now.
Well yeah, the latest of those was 20 years ago. I don't know how everyone else contextualized things but even as a kid my mental note of console hardware was rapidly aging. By the time the N64 came out, I saw the NES as ancient, despite just getting a brand new game for the thing only four years prior. I feel like the NES itself became retro very quickly in the zeitgeist, and the 16-bit stuff a bit after, but it's been much slower for the acceptance of 5th and 6th gen to be labeled as such.

In terms of something like shooter game release milestones, the gulf between the likes of the original Doom and Half-Life 2 felt like a complete lifetime, with a massive gulf in technology and how we play games between them. They were 11 years apart. At the time of Half-Life 2's release, it wouldn't be that weird to consider Doom retro. Gears of War came out 12 years ago.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
my perception of older consoles is very weird because I was born in 95 and so very rapidly went through SNES/Genesis->N64->GameCube/PS2/XBox

the Saturn and Dreamcast are completely alien to me and sorta same for PS1

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
have i been chatting in the giant bomb dot com thread with a mere BABY

jokes w/e

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think I will try to avoid Dragon Quest XI coverage on purpose...

I never played any DQ games (except a couple of hours of Builder) but with Octopath being a bit of a bummer... I could go for a good JRPG right now but I'm already spending way too much money on games this fall.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
listen we've been over this, repeatedly, anytime anyone talks about Abby knowing or not knowing about an old thing

though on that note I usually I get the weird "I was _ years old then" thing from the other side, like it's bizarre for me to hear about people playing certain consoles in college because they're so distinctly what I played as a kid

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i kid i'm not that much older than you

i just, like, am used to being the youngest one in most internet communities and that probably hasn't been true for me in a decade or so at this point

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
(I mean I knew that too, but)

yeah, same; I think I've lucked into mostly being in communities on Twitter/Discord/whatever now where most folks are still at least close to my age if not older, but I'm still a couple years older than the lower end now and that feels weird

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's officially Monday so let's move on from this Youngling stuff. I will begin:

Dead Cells is competitive for Best Music.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Dead Cells has music? I've never played it without watching GB or something on my second monitor.

Made it to the hand of the king last night with a pretty shit build. Got him down to quarter health, so hopefully I can finish a run soon and never have to play that shitty garbage game again.

PallasAthens

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 11, 2018
hello

I have just discovered Giant bomb, and I would like to share something cool from a couple years ago of theirs that I was linked to:

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I was getting a bit bored of them by the latest holiday videos. I used to like the fact that they did different things every year so I hope they start mixing things up again.