• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Giant Bomb |OT9| A Peaceful Life In Satan City

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Evil Dead remake is so good. I’m upset it looks like we'll never get a sequel or that rumored Ash and Mia crossover.

I wish someone would’ve picked it for F&40’s but from their picks so far it looks like they’re trying to stick to light horror.

Oct 25, 2017
You don’t see them indeed

Man, the Evil Dead remake is so good. I’m upset it looks like we'll never get a sequel or that rumored Ash and Mia crossover.

I wish someone would’ve picked it for F&40’s but from their picks so far it looks like they’re trying to stick to light horror.

Dan takes a hard left turn and he chooses the cinematic classic, Nekromantik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god.... I didn’t realize it was anywhere near that level of shilling. Fucking gross.
Dan takes a hard left turn and he chooses the cinematic classic, Nekromantik
That’d be a hell of a podcast. Dan’s pick is probably the most horror so far though.
They should look at Korean horror films.
So far this month I’ve watched I Saw The Devil, Train to Busan, The Wailing, Audition, One Missed Call, Suicide Club, and A Tale of Two Sisters. So I wholeheartedly agree that they should look at Asian horror in general.

But after Battle Royale, idk...

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap.

I didn't know how blatant it was lol.
Oh my god.... I didn’t realize it was anywhere near that level of shilling. Fucking gross.

That’d be a hell of a podcast. Dan’s pick is probably the most horror so far though.

So far this month I’ve watched I Saw The Devil, Train to Busan, The Wailing, Audition, One Missed Call, Suicide Club, and A Tale of Two Sisters. So I wholeheartedly agree that they should look at Asian horror in general.

But after Battle Royale, idk...
Careful, you can't criticize them unless you are ready to stop supporting or buying ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(hey at least the worst at that is banned now...)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on my school project and I put the Destiny 2 raid on my second screen and I forgot that Vinny would secretly give Abby challenges to say some words on the stream lmao

"This dog really reminds me of a chigglepuff" -Abby Russell

Nov 2, 2017
Outside
Careful, you can't criticize them unless you are ready to stop supporting or buying ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(hey at least the worst at that is banned now...)
Yeah, I own a Playstation despite knowing that Sony released that music CD rootkit back in 2005 and I have watched Spiderman movies so as a consumer I'm complicit in normalizing rootkits I guess. I also own MH: World on PS4. I'm part of the problem.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Lololololol

Not laughing at the user really, just at the idea of giantbomb being compared to the level of the daily show in terms of political and social coverage.

That said I think the last time they really talked about WWE was during the last quick look.

If it means no more get in the ring I'm all for it.

Oct 25, 2017

Lololololol

Not laughing at the user really, just at the idea of giantbomb being compared to the level of the daily show in terms of political and social coverage.

That said I think the last time they really talked about WWE was during the last quick look.

If it means no more get in the ring I'm all for it.
I mean... Dan still talks about the WWE pretty much on a daily basis...

I bet that if he could fit it in his schedule he would love to go to that event.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about "on a daily basis"....

Like I'm more sensitive to over-talk of wrestling than most here and I haven't really noticed that much coverage of WWE.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about "on a daily basis"....

Like I'm more sensitive to over-talk on wrestling than most here and I haven't really noticed that much coverage of WWE.
The site as a whole as slowed down the wrestling coverage a lot but good look finding any kinda of GBE content where Dan doesn't make at least one mention or reference to Wrestling/WWE.

Oct 25, 2017
WWE are garbage people, Vince is a bad person but people try to hold Dan to account for WWE's sins which I think is kind of shitty given plenty of staff members enjoyed their content regularly after Vince McMahon potentially helped cover up a murder (amongst a million other shitty things), which is a fairly well known story in the fanbase.

I enjoy wrestling and WWE creatively on occasion. Being a shitty company doesn't really change that, even if I wanted it to.

The Saudi stuff pushes that boundary far too hard given the impact it has not only on the shows themselves but also the treatment of the wrestlers. The first one was pretty sickening to watch.

Anyway, the trial of Dan is boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't mean that to be a grill dan thing. Just found it funny that giantbomb got brought up separate from this thread on this topic *shrug*

It's just a funny mix of our own circle with something very serious in current affairs.

I also genuinely don't think they really talk about it that much outside of the quick look. Not recently anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
The time to stop covering wrestling is now. Let it perish as it should have decades ago.

The concept of injuring people for entertainment is barbaric.

Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with Dan compared to the others is when he starts going into the “Vince is a genius man and my idol but also he’s a bad guy but still he’s the best” stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalizations about the Japanese
Nah they like they filler, it's the gameplay that Dan doesn't like.

Which I honestly agree with.
I mean the combat gets tedious towards the end, but I only ever focus on the main story.

I don't want to date cyber girls and see my rank go up with hostess girls so I can have a cheeky wank. Japan is weird and some right sad cunts must play these games for sexual gratification.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you'd find that's the stuff they like the most lol. They do really like the main story too.

Honestly playing through FotNS and I realise that, while FotNS is not exactly the same combat system, I think I'm just done with Yakuza style combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.