• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• MOM'S DEAD, PARKOUR!

Votes: 120 40.0%
  • I Hear You In My Blood

Votes: 50 16.7%
  • Welcome To The Hugbox

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • What Is To Smang?

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Y'all Don't Like It Because It's Bad

Votes: 111 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I get that there's a fighting tournament going on in the show, but oof there is a lot of wrestling bullshit in ASG this week.

Also, I liked that Jeff and Dan both got bummed when they realised the tournament wasn't going to play out. Echoes the feelings of 10 year old me precisely.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they cheer up when they realize 18 is staying around for the tournament, that it turns into a battle royale, and that the Goku vs Vegeta fight is still happening.

Oh, and Ma Jr.: "Ma" means demon. He called himself Demon Jr. for the previous tournament (the finale of Dragon Ball), because he was the reincarnation of King Piccolo, who had very publicly taken over the world 3 years prior before being killed by Goku.

There is a great scene where he takes off his turban during the finals with Goku, and only then does the crowd realize that this green guy with pointy ears, fangs, clawed hands*, and weird pink muscle things on his arms looks just like Piccolo, because they see that he's bald and has antennae. Piccolo then spells it out and announces that yes, he's the Piccolo reborn, and everyone loses their shit and flees except for Goku's friends and the announcer/ref who says he needs to stay because the fight is ongoing.

*weird random trivia: Toriyama's own drawings always showed Piccolo and all other Namekians as having only four fingers, but this was changed to five fingers in all animated DB material for convoluted cultural reasons about depictions of four fingered characters

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see people from the industry speaking out against this workers abuse.

Unionize: https://kotaku.com/it-s-time-for-game-developers-to-unionize-1823992430

It's the only way to advance. To level up your working conditions, if you will: https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/26/game-developers-need-unions-they-cant-afford-another-telltale/

Give me the hot goss please

Here you go.
far_cryjpg.jpg

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they cheer up when they realize 18 is staying around for the tournament, that it turns into a battle royale, and that the Goku vs Vegeta fight is still happening.

Honestly, the Goku vs Vegeta fight that actually happens is probably the most disappointing part in all of DBZ. The whole thing is a work with Goku not wanting to hurt Vegeta's feelings by just obliterating him outright.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the Goku vs Vegeta fight that actually happens is probably the most disappointing part in all of DBZ. The whole thing is a work with Goku not wanting to hurt Vegeta's feelings by just obliterating him outright.
Yeah but you don't find that out for like 10 episodes afterward, and Vegeta doesn't even spell it out for another 20 episodes after that.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Good to see people from the industry speaking out against this workers abuse.

Yeah if there's a silver lining to all this, I'm glad it's normalizing discussing about your harsh work conditions. Too many people succumb to the fact that it's "just the way it is" or that you "have to suck it up because that's just the work you do".

Also lmao yeah "14 hours a day" left huh.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but you don't find that out for like 10 episodes afterward, and Vegeta doesn't even spell it out for another 20 episodes after that.

This makes it worse, not better.

EDIT: Oh, and

Then Goku has like 3 chances to kill Buu but doesn't do it because he wants to give others the chance to fight him. God I hate the whole Buu saga what a piece of shit.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
Goku does say later at least in the manga that he wanted to save energy and not loose the time he had left in his day like he does later using SSJ3 to stall Buu.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed there's no bann message on any of them? Isn't that standard procedure?

Honestly, if calling someone a scammer doesn't get you a ban but having an (ass-backward) opinion on crunches does here, I dunno.
Don't forget the "people who get paid less are probably less intelligent, it makes sense" shit from a couple weeks ago. That WAS worth a ban. And AtC got one.

Not that I'm one to talk about banworthiness. Just wanted to point that out.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget the "people who get paid less are probably less intelligent, it makes sense" shit from a couple weeks ago. That WAS worth a ban. And AtC got one.

Not that I'm one to talk about banworthiness. Just wanted to point that out.

Yeah, it felt like it was probably due if we're being honest.

Communities tend to get away with more shit unless specifically reported I find.

If only they knew about the hentai

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
ya'll gotta report shit if its particularly egrigous since we don't have a resident mod here in this thread

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
ya'll gotta report shit if its particularly egrigous since we don't have a resident mod here in this thread
We had one, but then I got demodded lol.

(Also with how the banning procedure works, there can be a brief window of time where the user is banned but the public-facing warning on the post isn't there. The way this website's technology works, warnings are the function that give the option to post reasons on posts. So technically a ban means you ban the user and give a warning on that post so people can see why it happened.)

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017

Who are the contenders for hottest mess this year?
I've got Telltale, IGN Writer, Billy Mitchell, Rockstar, Riot Games, ArenaNet.

I know that the TellTale situation is CLEARLY the bigger disgrace and ass-hole thing to do... but for biggest mess... I don't know that whole Filip Dead Cells review...
in his "apology" video He called out Jason Schreier and Jason called his bluff...

But I think TellTale will (and probably should) win because at least IGN handled it really well from their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.