• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• MOM'S DEAD, PARKOUR!

Votes: 120 40.0%
  • I Hear You In My Blood

Votes: 50 16.7%
  • Welcome To The Hugbox

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • What Is To Smang?

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Y'all Don't Like It Because It's Bad

Votes: 111 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Hitman battle Royale

It's like spy party but with multiple spies trying to hunt each other while staying covert themselves.

Not going to lie that sounds hilarious.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I needed Davante Adams to score 24 points more than Alfred Morris coming into today's game, so thought I was no chance. But with Morris on 0 and Adams now on 22.5 all I need is for Green Bay to get the ball back and for Adams to make like 1 catch.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
tenor.gif

Speaking of impropriety, ACOd has a Trump analogue who literally says "We're going to make Athens great again!" and they in no way pull it off.

Pfft. Of course it failed; Kojima was ahead of HIM (and by "him" I mean Bannon).

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched a video after only listening to the podcast for the last while and saw the new set. I totally get why they chose it but I'm not into it. The impractical couch set up had that air of casual, hanging out, kinda vibe whereas this just has an every-other-site vibe. Also watched a kinda funny vid and was reminded how well their set up is if you wanna do the dudes-sitting-at-a-table gimmick.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
WW2 was the only one I've played since I gave up on Modern Warefare 2. And that's because they went back to a setting I had some interest in. Didn't matter if it was by the numbers, I was just happy to kill Nazis in a prettified version of the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games I grew up playing. I had no interest in this year's game even before they announced they were cutting the single player, which is all I was playing anyways.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i will say an 'x reasons why...' or "Here's why X is GARBAGE" video title sure is one way to make me ignore your content automatically

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I randomly started watching the first episode of Vinnyvania, when Jeff is playing Die Hard on the PC Engine. It's a pretty good retro game history podcast, so to speak.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I randomly started watching the first episode of Vinnyvania, when Jeff is playing Die Hard on the PC Engine. It's a pretty good retro game history podcast, so to speak.
I really liked the vibe of that one.
It's like when you hang out with a friend and you're both playing separate video games and just idly chatting. Was fun to have something else to watch while checking in on vinny's progress.

Oct 26, 2017
I preordered that shit with trade-in credit months ago so I might as well. Also, if you're spoiler sensitive, they surely will spoil all that during the GotYcasts. RDR2 is surely going to have a "thing", and they'll have to talk about it.

Ahh fair point. Although honestly given how hard I fell off last year's deliberations I could probably just skip around or miss spoilers eps entirely

Does Baby Wario exist in the cannon

He needs to

Great news

250px-Babywario.png

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Listening to the 2013 podcasts, I was surprised GTAV didn't come up much. And honestly, I was kinda glad too - a lot of other articles and podcasts praising that at the time do not hold up at all.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Listening to the 2013 podcasts, I was surprised GTAV didn't come up much. And honestly, I was kinda glad too - a lot of other articles and podcasts praising that at the time do not hold up at all.

Ehhhhh. Outside of some elements of the story it's still a remarkable open world and collection of missions and gameplay. Like all GTAs in that regard.

I'm not behind the revisionist bent there seems to be with Rockstar games in some critical circles. I wish more games had as much craft in them, honestly.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
great craft in the world, but completely unremarkable story. I couldn't tell you one thing about it to save my life.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
great craft in the world, but completely unremarkable story. I couldn't tell you one thing about it to save my life.

This isn't really a Rockstar problem but an industry one. There's only a handful of games I'd even say have good stories.

Rockstar actually have some good writing that they tend to take two steps too far. Particularly a lot of the puerile Trevor stuff in V. Red Dead Redemption was a little more serious and I hope that trend continues for the sequel. Less is more both in hours worked and in how far to take a joke when it comes to Rockstar.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to tell a good story in games because games are a bad storytelling medium. Like, for all the talk about emergent storytelling in RDR2, you know they are just going to fill that bad boy with dozens of hours of cutscenes because people think the only way to tell a story in video games is to direct a television show and then break it up into 5 minute episodes that you dole out over the course of a hundred hour game.

God I hate video games.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhhhh. Outside of some elements of the story it's still a remarkable open world and collection of missions and gameplay. Like all GTAs in that regard.

I'm not behind the revisionist bent there seems to be with Rockstar games in some critical circles. I wish more games had as much craft in them, honestly.

Rockstars production values are astounding but i don't think their gameplay or stories are nearly on that level.

But aside from gta3 i've never been hugely into their games either.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rockstars production values are astounding but i don't think their gameplay or stories are nearly on that level.

But aside from gta3 i've never been hugely into their games either.

I don't think any single aspect of the gameplay is truly great (particularly the early 3D ones, but for the time - wow), more that they do a lot of things well enough to be consistently interesting. I think you have to appreciate how hard it is to make one thing competently, so if if you don't jive with the games the breath of they do is still impressive. There's a sort of bursting-at-the-seams ambition with all these big Rockstar games that I find very endearing.

I do kinda dig the physics of the shooting system they have used since IV, though. There's a weight to it that's missing in a lot of games like this.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the BLOPS stream and Jeff not using headphones is killing me.... You clearly hear the dude walking away to the left and Jeff turns to the right lol

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really a Rockstar problem but an industry one. There's only a handful of games I'd even say have good stories.

Rockstar actually have some good writing that they tend to take two steps too far. Particularly a lot of the puerile Trevor stuff in V. Red Dead Redemption was a little more serious and I hope that trend continues for the sequel. Less is more both in hours worked and in how far to take a joke when it comes to Rockstar.
GTAV's narrative was a pretty big step back from RDR in basically every way, maybe excluding cutscene direction. going from Marston to Michael and Trevor was...yikes. Franklin and Lamar were way better characters and given hardly any time to grow beyond the first and last few hours. that said, Rockstar made huge strides with regards to mission design in GTAV, and I fully expect that to carry over to RDR2.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Hitman Ghost Mode video got me thinking that being able to turn on a laugh track for Hitman would work weirdly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.