• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• MOM'S DEAD, PARKOUR!

Votes: 120 40.0%
  • I Hear You In My Blood

Votes: 50 16.7%
  • Welcome To The Hugbox

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • What Is To Smang?

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Y'all Don't Like It Because It's Bad

Votes: 111 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
the Palmer Luckey GOTY discussion but with a pause for laughter after Alex's comment

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about "on a daily basis"....

Like I'm more sensitive to over-talk of wrestling than most here and I haven't really noticed that much coverage of WWE.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about "on a daily basis"....

Like I'm more sensitive to over-talk on wrestling than most here and I haven't really noticed that much coverage of WWE.
The site as a whole as slowed down the wrestling coverage a lot but good look finding any kinda of GBE content where Dan doesn't make at least one mention or reference to Wrestling/WWE.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
WWE are garbage people, Vince is a bad person but people try to hold Dan to account for WWE's sins which I think is kind of shitty given plenty of staff members enjoyed their content regularly after Vince McMahon potentially helped cover up a murder (amongst a million other shitty things), which is a fairly well known story in the fanbase.

I enjoy wrestling and WWE creatively on occasion. Being a shitty company doesn't really change that, even if I wanted it to.

The Saudi stuff pushes that boundary far too hard given the impact it has not only on the shows themselves but also the treatment of the wrestlers. The first one was pretty sickening to watch.

Anyway, the trial of Dan is boring.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't mean that to be a grill dan thing. Just found it funny that giantbomb got brought up separate from this thread on this topic *shrug*

It's just a funny mix of our own circle with something very serious in current affairs.

I also genuinely don't think they really talk about it that much outside of the quick look. Not recently anyway.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The time to stop covering wrestling is now. Let it perish as it should have decades ago.

The concept of injuring people for entertainment is barbaric.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
My only problem with Dan compared to the others is when he starts going into the "Vince is a genius man and my idol but also he's a bad guy but still he's the best" stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory generalizations about the Japanese
Nah they like they filler, it's the gameplay that Dan doesn't like.

Which I honestly agree with.
I mean the combat gets tedious towards the end, but I only ever focus on the main story.

I don't want to date cyber girls and see my rank go up with hostess girls so I can have a cheeky wank. Japan is weird and some right sad cunts must play these games for sexual gratification.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you'd find that's the stuff they like the most lol. They do really like the main story too.

Honestly playing through FotNS and I realise that, while FotNS is not exactly the same combat system, I think I'm just done with Yakuza style combat.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Yakuzas combat is alright, but considering those games are 50 hours long and they are in their 6th installment it easily gets long in the tooth.

Just like combat in many other open world games doesn't hold up until the end.

Though Yakuza has a lot of combat. Maybe fewer, but more interesting encounters could fix the tedium a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Yakuzas combat is alright, but considering those games are 50 hours long and they are in their 6th installment it easily gets long in the tooth.

Just like combat in many other open world games doesn't hold up until the end.

Though Yakuza has a lot of combat. Maybe fewer, but more interesting encounters could fix the tedium a bit.
At least now you can avoid the random encounters.

Being forced to them in 1 and 2 was fucking shiteeeee.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yakuza combat certainly looks and feels great. it plays like butt sometimes though.

i said this last time this came up but i actually like sleepy dogs combat more mechanically, except that sleepy dogs combat feels and looks like butt compared to yakuza's ripping impact sounds and effects

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
We need to remove "Quality of Life improvements" from the lexicon.

I like the shorthand, though it can be a bit reductive a times.

It's hard to summarize stuff like UI changes because it's mostly small adjustments that are not worth mentioning individually but make a huge difference in agregate.

I recently went back to Medieval II. The UI and control changes modern Total War make are huge but i couldn't tell you individually what all the improvements are, even though they make a huge difference in playability. It goes from keyboard shortcuts, to the way you control the camera with your mouse, to small UI adjustments etc.

But that's like 10 years of iteration. Stuff from one entry to the next is much less obvious, even though it's still improvements.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I like the shorthand, though it can be a bit reductive a times.

It's hard to summarize stuff like UI changes because it's mostly small adjustments that are not worth mentioning individually but make a huge difference in agregate.

I recently went back to Medieval II. The UI and control changes modern Total War make are huge but i couldn't tell you individually what all the improvements are, even though they make a huge difference in playability. It goes from keyboard shortcuts, to the way you control the camera with your mouse, to small UI adjustments etc.

But that's like 10 years of iteration. Stuff from one entry to the next is much less obvious, even though it's still improvements.

I think you could just say "nice/welcome improvements in [x, y, ...]". Or if you want something broader there are any number of ways to say the same thing.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I think you could just say "nice/welcome improvements in [x, y, ...]". Or if you want something broader there are any number of ways to say the same thing.

Yeah, but beyond it annoying you personally, what is wrong with referring to it as quality of life? Something annoying you does not mean it should be removed from the lexicon. It is a you problem not a lexicon problem.

Deleted member 8245

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really do want to play RDR2 but I'm not sure I can continue to support Rockstar with this shit.

Devs need to unionise industry wide.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, but beyond it annoying you personally, what is wrong with referring to it as quality of life? Something annoying you does not mean it should be removed from the lexicon. It is a you problem not a lexicon problem.

I mean am I literally demanding this? No. Yes it is just annoying to me, and I would assume I am not the only one. But this happens all the time where games media latches on to a term, run it until the ground, and then look back and wish they hadn't. See "ludonarrative dissonance" and "visceral". And certain genre descriptors.

But you told me!

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
I mean am I literally demanding this? No. Yes it is just annoying to me, and I would assume I am not the only one. But this happens all the time where games media latches on to a term, run it until the ground, and then look back and wish they hadn't. See "ludonarrative dissonance" and "visceral". And certain genre descriptors.

But you told me!

Lol get more defensive. I was just asking for some reasoning beyond "I don't like this common phrase". You don't have any. You are confirmed as a bad poster.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
In other news I think I'm gonna clear all three major quest lines in ACOd in 55 hours. Only 15 of the you-know-whats left. This is efficiency, people.

...Which is good because, again, the scaling and difficulty of this game is wack. I'm far too overpowered now and it's not even challenging anymore. At worst the tankiest enemies just need a Hero Strike, an Overpower, and then I slash 'em a few times. They really needed some time to tighten this thing up more, but maybe it's just too big for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.