• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
op can you leave a bowl of water for her? just in case she's thirsty. do you have a box maybe to put on the ground as she might wanna climb in to have her kittens.

OP
OP
Joe2187

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
poor chonker tryin to hold itself up for 3 hours šŸ˜­

She's been in my garage for three hours, not up in the rafters.

She was originally perched on the garage door, which probably would have crushed had I not heard her meowing before I pushed the button.

I opened the side door for her to leave but she just stood there the entire time, so I just waited while I did my laundry and she just sat there. then she went into the ceiling when she heard my dogs barking.

I got two big doggos and one of them aint friendly with small animals.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I put out some sausage on the floor before I went to get the ladder, when I came back she was on the floor and eating it then saw me with the ladder and fled back up into the rafters again....

she's not stuck she's where she wants to be I guess....

I put out some more suasage, went back to call the fire dept and they told me that since im not the owner to just leave the cat alone and it'll go away on it's own and call back if it's still there tomorrow. :/

When I came back the sausage was gone and she was back in the rafters again....

20190120_120923.jpg

so...she aint stuck....

but I took some precautions at least

20190120_120904.jpg

She's stuck again!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feed it pizza, not sausage and then maybe it will leave

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Folks need to chill, I love animals as well and personally would have already been trying to help her, but the guy is getting a ladder, and may be a bit apprehensive about reaching up there to an unfamiliar animal that likely has claws (hopefully it's not declawed).

Be sure to get gloves, sleeves and the like to protect yourself in case the cat takes concern with being handled OP.

For real, people acting like a bomb was about to go off.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah get a box with some blankets and put it in a corner, and leave the sausages in the box. Maybe it'll stay that time, just be quiet when you're back in the cat's sight. Leave through your open garage door if you aren't doing that already.

Oct 27, 2017
Folks need to chill, I love animals as well and personally would have already been trying to help her, but the guy is getting a ladder, and may be a bit apprehensive about reaching up there to an unfamiliar animal that likely has claws (hopefully it's not declawed).

Be sure to get gloves, sleeves and the like to protect yourself in case the cat takes concern with being handled OP.

Picture of OP getting ready to climb the ladder.

tumblr_niccp8jtBW1rar68no1_500.gif

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
She's been in my garage for three hours, not up in the rafters.

She was originally perched on the garage door, which probably would have crushed had I not heard her meowing before I pushed the button.

I opened the side door for her to leave but she just stood there the entire time, so I just waited while I did my laundry and she just sat there. then she went into the ceiling when she heard my dogs barking.

I got two big doggos and one of them aint friendly with small animals.

Perhaps its cold so it doesnt want to leave :<

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone loves kittens and stories where mama cats get curled in a blanket by the fire and just splurts out a dozen tiny goo babies, but she probably knows what she's doing. Joe is handling this right. All she needs is a bit of water and some peace so she can do her thing.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is she stuck up there? If she isn't then I guess try to coax her down if you can.

Congrats on the new cat.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like you've got stuff sorted OP. Cat clearly isn't stuck if it's getting up and down. Hopefully it's all okay, especially if it's pregnant!

People calling for OP to be banned if the cat gets hurt though. Get a grip.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I'd never share an animal story on Era, some of you guys need help. OP's going above and beyond for a cat that's not even his and you're acting like he put the cat there to torture it

GraGor

Nov 17, 2017
She aint stuck. She went up there herself. She went from perched above the garage door to up there.

Because she went up there herself doesn't mean she's not stuck. See when a cat gets stuck up a tree, a roof, a pylon do you think they were put there by someone? Incredible as it may seem when cats do get stuck they tend to have got themselves into that position. Get a ladder and get the cat down for goodness sake.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. The very pregnant cat has been up there for 3 hours, fuck that. I've dealt with probably hundreds of cats (strays and not) over my life. OP was hella negligent. I'm down with the other poster who said if something happens to the cat OP should be banned.

Good for you, but maybe he or she's not as experienced? Didn't know if a cat was capable of getting itself down?

If they truly didn't care, they would have just ignored it, so clearly they don't want to see it hurt or worse.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you put something stable, large and high enough (a chair on a table or some such) and maybe a bowl of water or food and leave, she will probably come down eventually. If she meows while you are gone it means she is asking for help. At that point you could try using a ladder.

Also, the cat going there itself so it's not stuck, do you think cats get parachuted in trees?

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. The very pregnant cat has been up there for 3 hours, fuck that. I've dealt with probably hundreds of cats (strays and not) over my life. OP was hella negligent. I'm down with the other poster who said if something happens to the cat OP should be banned.

Can we ban this person instead.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If you put something stable, large and high enough (a chair on a table or some such) and maybe a bowl of water or food and leave, she will probably come down eventually. If she meows while you are gone it means she is asking for help. At that point you could try using a ladder.

Also, the cat going there itself so it's not stuck, do you think cats get parachuted in trees?
How do people read a thread like this without looking for updates from the OP?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
went back to call the fire dept and they told me that since im not the owner to just leave the cat alone and it'll go away on it's own and call back if it's still there tomorrow. :/
I don't get this advice from the fire department, unless somebody in your area owns the cat and it returns there soon. If its an ownerless pregnant cat I think calling animal control or something similar that makes sure the birth goes okay and kittens are cared for would be better.

Well, if it isnt just a fat cat lol.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are tearing into each other over a cat.

This is why Trump won.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Some of you guys really rushed to judgment on this one.

But good on you OP. looks like you handled it as best as you could.