• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This is without a doubt my favorite thread on Era since the forum opened, holy fuck, it has everything. I'm fuckin crying laughing while reading at work.

Also lmfao at being on page thirteen and there are still people coming in suggesting getting a ladder to help the cat down. The shelter people were so desperate for OP to call literally told him to leave the cat alone y'all.

OP
OP
Joe2187

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
She still there

AZiH06T.jpg

Dec 2, 2017
If that cat is indeed pregnant and not just obese she ain't leaving anytime soon since she most likely chose your place to nest.

Have you gotten proper food and a nice cardboard box with a blanket yet, OP?

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
She still there

<squishedfatcat.jpg>

How're you doing, OP? I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think you posted about living with a really difficult family member a few years back on gaf. (Sorry if I'm confused about this.) And now you've got this stuffed bear killer squatting in your walls. Sensing a certain motif running through your life. I admired how you communicated and handled a seriously daunting situation in that other thread. And I appreciate the updates here. Look forward to seeing how it all plays out. (I trust kitty, pups, and you will all emerge happy and unscathed.) Thanks for creating the finest thread this side of resetera.

Oct 27, 2017
How're you doing, OP? I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I think you posted about living with a really difficult family member a few years back on gaf. (Sorry if I'm confused about this.) And now you've got this stuffed bear killer squatting in your walls. Sensing a certain motif running through your life. I admired how you communicated and handled a seriously daunting situation in that other thread. And I appreciate the updates here. Look forward to seeing how it all plays out. (I trust kitty, pups, and you will all emerge happy and unscathed.) Thanks for creating the finest thread this side of resetera.

WhisperedEagerBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Between trying to nest above your garage (babies go splat) and now in a tiny wall way, I'm not feeling too good about her parenting choices so far and they aren't even born yet.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Between trying to nest above your garage (babies go splat) and now in a tiny wall way, I'm not feeling too good about her parenting choices so far and they aren't even born yet.
Well she was harassed by an admitted sociopath with a stick. So now she's just out of arms length instead of perched above everything, ready to rain kitten bombs upon all.

OP you might put an old blanket in the crawlspace so she can create the pocket of warmth and have a soft spot for her offspring. You might also take a box and put a blanket over it, leaving a small opening, and then put some food in it. She'll probably jump in that too.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I did but it's been several days and I guess I forgot about that update.

Edit: Found the update. What a useless, crappy shelter. Call another one in the area, OP. One of them should be able to lay out a trap box for it.
Yeah, you probably called the nearest shelter OP, but maybe you can find another one or some animal rescue organization in the area that would actually come and leave trapping equipment. Well, or animal control.

The advice of the first shelter of leaving it alone is true in so far as that you should NOT try to get near a pregnant cat else you'll just agitate it and it might injure you. But the "leave it alone" part... that's just the shelter not bothering to help you, which is pretty crappy. A potentially pregnant stray cat should be given to a rescue or shelter asap instead of somebody trying to somehow accomodate the cat for birth without the needed knowledge.

Last edited:

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Dealt with a similar problem some years ago. A pregnant cat nested on my parents' garage and she remained there for about ten days. She gave birth and my parents feeded her real well. For some reasons, only one kitten and the mother survived (she had three). My parents decided to keep the two, mother and daughter, and they now live happily in their house.

Anyway OP, she probably chose that place for her nest. It looks pretty much perfect to her. Cats tend to gave birth in hidden and dark places to protect their little ones. Be careful not to touch the kitties when they'll come out of that big fat mystical creature.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
First time I've read every single comment in a thread over 3 pages. Rollercoaster of emotions.

OP, you've done a great job so far, congrats! I agree with others that suggested you try calling a different shelter/rescue group. A rescue group will most likely go get the cat. Groups in my area sometimes go as far as a few states away to pick up animals.

OP
OP
Joe2187

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

oh yeah, that was me. along time ago but yeah that was me. even though my story didnt have much of a happy ending, that thread was very therapeutic and insightful to me and helped me decide what sort of future i should choose for myself. this was the thread you were talking about https://www./threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/

thanks for support and kind words, it's appreciative.

however an update on cat.

20190123_230711.jpg

My hole is empty now.

i thought this would be the end of the saga....however when i turn off the lights and close the garage door

Mrrrooowwww echoes in the darkness, and the dogs start barking.

I check around the hole again, and nothing and the ceiling and nothing, the box i set out is empty but the food has been eaten....

the cat still lingers....but it's.....hiding somewhere else now....

this weekend imma do a deep cleaning of my garage...find this phantom cat/

ThatGuyfromMars

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this gonna be like Alien and the cat's gonna be in the vents now?

My real question is about the dog that loved that teddy bear, does he know that the cat eviscerated it?

Oct 27, 2017

20190123_230711.jpg

My hole is empty now.

i thought this would be the end of the saga....however when i turn off the lights and close the garage door

I check around the hole again, and nothing and the ceiling and nothing, the box i set out is empty but the food has been eaten....

giphy.webp

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god OP, when the thread got mentioned, before you even linked it, I was like "Wait...is this THAT thread?" and sure as fuck it was. I'm so sorry. You are a saint.

The Pot

Oct 25, 2017
TN
Knock your fucking house down and find where the cat is at you fucking monster, or you should be banned!

Ps: Seal that hole if you are 100% sure she or her babies are not in there.

Last edited:

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
oh yeah, that was me. along time ago but yeah that was me. even though my story didnt have much of a happy ending, that thread was very therapeutic and insightful to me and helped me decide what sort of future i should choose for myself. this was the thread you were talking about https://www./threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/

thanks for support and kind words, it's appreciative.

Hope things are better now. So much admiration for the hard choices you made and for enduring it all.

<catless-abyss.jpg>

My hole is empty now.

On the part of that cat, that mrrrrrrooowwwww sounds gratuituous as hell tho. (unless she really is pregnant and giving birth) Otherwise, that mrrrroowwww is a warning, a cry, a harbinger of feline pettiness: 'there be no peace in this garage tonight.'

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
On the part of that cat, that mrrrrrrooowwwww sounds gratuituous as hell tho. (unless she really is pregnant and giving birth) Otherwise, that mrrrroowwww is a warning, a cry, a harbinger of feline pettiness: 'there be no peace in this garage tonight.'

Probably giving birth. The fact that she didn't return to the previous spot is because OP went to check there quite often, so she would have felt it wasn't a safe place. Thus she found somewhere else to hide.

OP, you might have more than one cat in your garage in a few days (if not hours) i think.