• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You may remember a few weeks ago when there was news of a Giant Robot Duel. Where USA's Megabots Inc. challenged SUIDOBASHI HEAVY INDUSTRY to a giant robot fight that was hosted and livestreamed on twitch. The duel was pre-recorded, heavily (and obviously) scripted, and the fight in of itself wasn't to many's expectation.

Some of still had fun

Many others did not.

So Megabots is now hosting a new livestream on Twitch, one that promises to be completely live. It is apparently the start of a series of live tests where they have their mechs test weapons, new tech, ect. It's on November 5th, at 1PM PT

Something to note here is that this stream will have Eagle Prime test out weapons on a remote controlled Iron Glory. If you weren't following the duel, many conversations highlighted that the fight was held back quite a bit because they had pilots operation within them, thus not wanting these death machines to... not create death. Since one of them is remote controlled now, there's hope that whatever happens can produce something more exciting.

Despite it all, I still had fun watching the duel but realize it's major faults and how long before we get real down and dirty with these things. I know there folks here, be they mecha fans or not, saw the stream so I thought I'd share.

Twitch Page
Announcement Video (From a twitch stream that explored the offices)

Kurata punch me if old.
0MUrhVC.gif