• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to play a traditional game with you soon, my dude :P
This was literally my first game as scum, when I saw the role I literally went "of course it is"

We'll get in a game together at some point, hopefully on the same side next time

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This was literally my first game as scum, when I saw the role I literally went "of course it is"

We'll get in a game together at some point, hopefully on the same side next time
I lol'd pretty good when after Bronx flipped town, I was like yeah of course Dubs first Scum game is the fuckin gif game lol.

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I lol'd pretty good when after Bronx flipped town, I was like yeah of course Dubs first Scum game is the fuckin gif game lol.
There was a second where I thought if I caused enough confusion on this day phase I might be able to pull off a miracle, but I knew I was sunk when you voted with your first post.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
There was a second where I thought if I caused enough confusion on this day phase I might be able to pull off a miracle, but I knew I was sunk when you voted with your first post.
It was the best play you had really. First I was thinking you'd just block Monkey and kill Rynam, but then when I saw Monkey dead I was like, hmmm. Then I saw your gambit there and it all made sense haha. No way I was buying your claim over Rynam's so far uncontested D1 claim though haha.

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It was the best play you had really. First I was thinking you'd just block Monkey and kill Rynam, but then when I saw Monkey dead I was like, hmmm. Then I saw your gambit there and it all made sense haha. No way I was buying your claim over Rynam's so far uncontested D1 claim though haha.
I almost did the other. My original play was to contest Monkey's claim, but then I thought this would give me a better shot at making it through.

Though, the whole plan did rest on Rynam not being around this day phase either.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just to say, I went out at the start of the day phase, came back an hour later and the game is done.

Laughed rather hard at that haha.

Also Fanto, this game feels like it was tailor made for you. Your gif game was so good.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
for when you wake up:

hi, stan, you won
tumblr_n65ri17NIu1qb8z52o1_400.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I had so many gifs ready for today.

Most of them were people yelling.

Anyway, I protected Rynam last night so we could make sure we got a straight answer, but y'alllllllllllllll, when the claimed cop is pointing a finger at someone, even if there's some uncertainty.... why, god, why did you vote Bronx? -.-

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Anyway, I protected Rynam last night so we could make sure we got a straight answer, but y'alllllllllllllll, when the claimed cop is pointing a finger at someone, even if there's some uncertainty.... why, god, why did you vote Bronx? -.-
I had blocked Rynam the night before, he didn't have a red check and he could have been wrong on his read.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Sorry again that i got you to claim doctor. Decided to investigate one of the two people that voted me and that was you on pure chance. Sadly got blocked by that evil roleblocker.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I had blocked Rynam the night before, he didn't have a red check and he could have been wrong on his read.
It was mathematically almost certain to be you or Bronx. If the cop is pointing a finger at you for whatever reason, there's no reason to vote Bronx first. Especially not when his gifs were loud and obnoxious and very not scummy while you were all la la la let me vote for the claimed cop.

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It was mathematically almost certain to be you or Bronx. If the cop is pointing a finger at you for whatever reason, there's no reason to vote Bronx first. Especially not when his gifs were loud and obnoxious and very not scummy while you were all la la la let me vote for the claimed cop.
In my defense, I didn't even realize he had claimed on D1

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't keep a straight face during my final run if I'm honest.

I saw that. I had given you a warning through PMs and you wouldn't stop posting more and more gifs >.>

---

I'm glad people had fun with it.
I'll say I pretty much hated having to quote the rules so many times, when I expected the players to have read them all in the first place, and I hope I won't have to do that another single time in the other game. I'm not good at telling people what to do in general.

Despite this frustration of mine, I also had fun, and more than laughing at some gif choices, I was very amused at how players formed sentences through images.
I thought giving players 1 GIF per post would be too little and no discussion would happen, and giving more and more GIFs would turn the game more and more into a normal text game, with words being replaced by images.
3 turned out to be restrictive enough, but still feasible :D

I can talk more about the rules and stuff once the other game is over. For now, congrats to Town and especially B-Dubs for keeping in good spirits and turning the scum chat into a diary (which everyone else will be able to see in a bit)

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that. I had given you a warning through PMs and you wouldn't stop posting more and more gifs >.>

---

I'll say I pretty much hated having to quote the rules so many times, when I expected the players to have read them all in the first place, and I hope I won't have to do that another single time in the other game. I'm not good at telling people what to do in general.

Despite this frustration of mine, I also had fun, and more than laughing at some gif choices, I was very amused at how players formed sentences through images.
I thought giving players 1 GIF per post would be too little and no discussion would happen, and giving more and more GIFs would turn the game more and more into a normal text game, with words being replaced by images.

I can talk more about the rules and stuff once the other game is over. For now, congrats to Town and especially B-Dubs for keeping in good spirits and turning the scum chat into a diary (which everyone else will be able to see in a bit)
Yeah, we were shits. Sorry.
I wouldn't have voted for you for til LyLo honestly, I was just messing around on D1. I think your read on Stan's vote is all we needed to whittle it down really.
I charted it all out on a piece of scrap paper, haha. I threw it away or I'd post it! Was harder to explain than it was to decipher really. The three gifs thing was challenging.

Thank god for the gifs to identify players.

b-dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

---

Yeah, I'm sorry. :(

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I am so sorry everyone, especially to B-Dubs . I guess I underestimated how challenging this was from my phone...through some unfortunate turn of events I didn't have access to my desktop on the 16th :(

But you still did amazing scum partner! Survived D2! Plus, I always love a gambit as scum lol.

Overall this was a very entertaining format. It really felt like we were all hilariously handicapped, like we were playing mafia underwater using only hand gestures. Would I try this again? Yeah, probably. It also made me realize that I love short games too, with <10 players.

Thank you very much Pedro for hosting!!!