GiftBot Update #1: Public Winner Identification, Custom Raffle Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Although patterned after similar software, GiftBot comprises over three thousand lines of original code. That work continues. Our team led by deltaplus has been laboring without sleep for weeks to develop GiftBot and now to add new features as rapidly as possible. As mentioned in the original announcement, we are committed to the long term support and refinement of GiftBot. We think you'll like the results!

REMINDER: Our inaugural GiftBot Giveaway is still ongoing and is now bound to get even more interesting.

This first update introduces two new essentials...

Public Winner Identification

The single most requested feature is now in. In addition to crossing out prizes as they are won, GiftBot will now label and tag the winner of each prize for the whole world to see! Now you can bask in the envy of less fortunate members, or at least know who to be jealous of.

Custom Raffle Length

This feature is particularly exciting, as it is our own special innovation. Introducing raffle length customization!

You now have the option to specify how long you'd like your giveaway raffle to last. Just add a new line for LENGTH: directly after the line for RAFFLE. For example:
Code:
NAME: Half Life 3
GIFT: AAABBBCCC
RAFFLE
LENGTH: 15m
THREAD https://www.resetera.com/threads/half-life-3-out-today-at-e3-2018.99999999/
This will create a raffle lasting 15 minutes. If there are prizes leftover after the deadline, it will become first-come, first serve.

You must use one of the following time period markers -- d: days h: hours m: minutes. Raffles must last for at least 1 minute and no longer than 31 days.

ColdSun

☠️ Highway to the Danger Zone ☠️
Oct 25, 2017
Great first update.Looking forward to the future updates with multiple entries. Beyond that though, I can't think of many other features off the top of my head that I'd want... and that's a good thing.

Oct 26, 2017
Gift bot is really cool but y'all don't lose sleep over it. It ain't worth it lol, the site is already great and we know it will keep getting better.

Oct 25, 2017
Great update, made even better by adding custom times which I had not seen coming! Thanks to the technical team behind Giftbot.

Brazil

(tofubeats Remix)
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just to clarify, if I happen to win something, do I get a notification or do I need to check a specific thread?
You get notified.

Oh, another thing, is there a way to get notified whenever Giftbot makes a new post?
That'd be a problem, because some users may choose to do a raffle inside a specific community thread. Not all giveaways are for everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be a problem, because some users may choose to do a raffle inside a specific community thread. Not all giveaways are for everyone.
The ModBot on NeoGAF had/has an optional tag to limit a raffle to users who posted five or more in the current Steam thread (or the previous one). Not sure if this is technically feasible, or even desired by the ResetEra devs.

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The ModBot on NeoGAF had/has an optional tag to limit a raffle to users who posted five or more in the current Steam thread (or the previous one). Not sure if this is technically feasible, or even desired by the ResetEra devs.
I was actually wondering about that too. Did that feature work outside of the Steam thread if you specified a thread? I never tried it.

Anyways, not too familiar with Xenforo but since it seems that by default it doesn't come with a 'most posts in a thread' type feature, I wonder if gathering that kind of info from the database directly is feasible.

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Am I missing something here or can I not gift discount codes? I'm entering the format just as it is in the first post here but Giftbot keeps telling me I'm not doing it in the proper format. I am doing a 12 hour raffle.

deltaplus

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Am I missing something here or can I not gift discount codes? I'm entering the format just as it is in the first post here but Giftbot keeps telling me I'm not doing it in the proper format. I am doing a 12 hour raffle.
Pm me the exact bb code you're using and I'll take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.