- Oct 27, 2017
So awesome to see Jedi Fallen Order and Pokemon giveaways in here. Congrats to those who won.
Summary from chandoog in the DF thread about the game:
Most of the Steam giveaways here are for keys acquired from 3rd party (but legit) sellers, sites like: Green Man Gaming, Humble, Indie Gala, Fanatical, Gamesplanet, Gamersgate, etc. If the best price is directly from Steam, then unfortunately that is the only way you're able to gift a game like that, but if you can find a comparable price on one of these legit sites, then that's the way to go since you can then just plug the key into the Giftbot giveaway form.Is there a best practice to making a Steam giveaway?
It seems you can only gift to people on your friends list, so does that mean you have to add the winner as a friend and then purchase the gift?
It'd be nice if there was a more "guaranteed" way to do it, for peace of mind of the entrees.
Thanks for the info. I do a lot of my 3rd party games on PS4 but I'll probably do this one on xbox then.Summary from chandoog in the DF thread about the game:
- Various factors (internal/external hdd, health of hdd) also seemingly cause the many stutters people are encountering.
- Sleep mode not recommended with the game.
- PS4 Pro Quality: 1260p w/ dynamic scaling, can drop to 1080p or below.
- XBX version also employs dynamic scaling but because of Unreal TAA upscale it's hard to pick.
- PS4 Pro Performance: Can drop below 900p to 1080p.
- PS4 Pro AA and SSR aren't as strong as XBX.
- Distant LoD's also pop up closer on Pro.
- Base PS4: 900p w/ dynamic scaling. ~720p to ~900p range.
- The I/O stutters present on Base XBO also present in base PS4 and rarely in Pro as well.
- In demanding sections, Pro holds up well. Base PS4 holds up between XBO and PS4 Pro.
- Same 'world disappearing' issue in one specific area happens on both base XBO and PS4. However PS4 loads faster.
- Xbox X with external drive can cause same pauses and stutters as the other consoles.
- DF recommends playing from a local drive.
- Normal Frame rate: PS4 Pro Quality mode holds up 30 FPS all the time outside some I/O stutter and very rare slowdowns similar to XBX.
- Pro Performance Mode: X and Pro are very similar, either can have minor advantage on per-scene basis. Otherwise very similar.
- Performance Mode not recommended because of wild variation in frame rates.
- This (Fallen Order) does run better than any of From Software's current gen games (SHOTS FIRED !)
- Base PS4 runs at 30 FPS, drops more frames than Pro but runs better than XBS. Not too bad but not stable.
- XBX has slightly sharper visuals, subtle enhancements in some effects otherwise either Pro/X are the recommended versions over Base.
- HDR is a "really good implementation" though not as good as Gears 5.
- The core game is good but the polish is not there.
No problem (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours)!
Kickstarter?Can I ask from where those giveways are getting those Shenmue 3 NA PS4 codes? AFAIK Sony stopped giving game codes to retailers and there isn't a bundle selling the game right now. Is it a code from Kickstarter campaign? If so Does Kickstarter provide US codes only? Just curious.