• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
The randomness of giftbot doesn't seem so random. Someone in 2 separate giveaways won 2 copies of Shadow of the Tomb Raider last week, and now we have 1 person winning twice in 1 giveaway with over 270 entries. I'm not complaining (ok maybe a little) but something seems off. Are users weighed differently against each other when it comes to giftbot? I'd love to know how it all works.

Congratulations to the winners btw.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The randomness of giftbot doesn't seem so random. Someone in 2 separate giveaways won 2 copies of Shadow of the Tomb Raider last week, and now we have 1 person winning twice in 1 giveaway with over 270 entries. I'm not complaining (ok maybe a little) but something seems off. Are users weighed differently against each other when it comes to giftbot? I'd love to know how it all works.

RNG is RNG? Don't know how you win twice in the same giveaway though, unless multiple entries are allowed?

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks SpitfireKit for the GamePass code, my pass was literally going to expire in 3 days (subbed for Outer Worlds). Now it's good until late February.

1 gift from zulux21

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from zulux21 zulux21!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

zulux21 said:
On the 7th? day of mystery gifts giftbot gave to me.....

so yeah, got control back which means things are going smoothly again. Giftbot has been patched and I shouldn't need to go to war with them.

Hints:
1. This is a game with 2 dlc, total retail value $68.97
2. Jeremy Shockey, David Tennent and Bob Love were involved with the game in some way :P

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Mystery gift day 7 - Won by KenOD KenOD (313 entries)

6 gifts from Deacon

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 6 gifts from Deacon Deacon!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deacon said:
Been meaning to drop some giveaway's for awhile so here's a few extra's from humble.

• Steam Steam: Blasphemous - Won by Theswweet Theswweet (76 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Phantom Doctrine - Won by Adree Adree (30 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Won by Dec Dec (110 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - Won by Stefarno Stefarno (13 entries)
  • Steam Steam: The Escapists - Base Game - Won by Miaus Miaus (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Mordheim City of the Damned - Won by laoni laoni (11 entries)

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There are a bunch of giveaways I haven't entered for game I'd want, but avoided, because I didn't want to freeze myself out of the SotTR giveaways, maybe I should enter more, lol.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017

This was an issue in the old place too. People who won one giveaway usually ended up winning multiple more shortly after.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for Civilization V zulux21 !

Never experienced the franchise before, the holiday will be perfect to start when I'm traveling.
I just want to apologize in advance.
That night you are playing... where you say just one more round around midnight.... and then you notice the sun come up.... I'm sorry for that :P

seriously I hope you enjoy it. I'm personally mostly banned from playing the civ series because while it takes me a bit to get into it... once I'm in it I lose chunks of days lol

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I just want to apologize in advance.
That night you are playing... where you say just one more round around midnight.... and then you notice the sun come up.... I'm sorry for that :P

seriously I hope you enjoy it. I'm personally mostly banned from playing the civ series because while it takes me a bit to get into it... once I'm in it I lose chunks of days lol

Don't you worry, addictive is exactly what I'm looking for !

Got plenty of time at work but I can't play games that require significant amount of "concentration" (for example, I have to put the sound volume super low). Also needed something that I can pause very regularly without issues. I hadn't tought of the genre but it's actually perfect for my needs

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you worry, addictive is exactly what I'm looking for !

Got plenty of time at work but I can't play games that require significant amount of "concentration" (for example, I have to put the sound volume super low). Also needed something that I can pause very regularly without issues. I hadn't tought of the genre but it's actually perfect for my needs
Boy, you're in for a ride...

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018

You get locked out of entering after you've won a certain amount of times, so even if someone does win a lot, you won't see them entering as much after they win (at least for a little while, until the restrictions relax). So there's that.

1 gift from preheatedbibby

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from preheatedbibby preheatedbibby!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

preheatedbibby said:
Valid on:

Icewind Dale
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights
Planescape Torment
Siege of Dragonspear

• GOG GOG: 85% off voucher on D&D games - Won by Officer K Officer K (8 entries)

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Sonic CD - Won by predprey (41 entries)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Vangers - Won by Velikost Velikost (21 entries)

1 gift from alundra311

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from alundra311 alundra311!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

alundra311 said:
GOG 85% off code on all or any of the following:

Planescape Torment EE
Baldur's Gate EE
Baldur's Gate II EE
Icewind Dale EE
Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear
Neverwinter Nights EE
Neverwinter Nights EE Digital Deluxe Edition
Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe Edition

• GOG GOG: GOG Remastered DnD Classics 85% off - Won by Miaus Miaus (4 entries)

4 gifts from Qasiel

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Qasiel Qasiel!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Qasiel said:
It's Christmastime to give away some Humble leftovers!

Merry managing!

• Steam Steam: Cities In Motion - Won by Bloodarmz Bloodarmz (48 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Cities In Motion 2 - Won by Bahlor Bahlor (49 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Cities: Skylines - Won by Saturday Saturday (114 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition - Won by Gedi Gedi (95 entries)

2 gifts from CranberryChocolateSundae

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Pororoka Pororoka!

Pororoka said:
Posada Giveaway Cuatro!
MAJIMA EVERYWHERE!
also known as Yakuza Kiwami
gif_01qfjs1.gif
He is in search for a lodge. You can have it... If you are worthy.

1 gift from Velikost

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Velikost Velikost!

1 gift from zulux21

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from zulux21 zulux21!

zulux21 said:
On the 8th day of mystery gifts giftbot gave to me.

KJbMv9f.png

• Steam Steam: Mystery gift day 8 - Won by Linkhero1 Linkhero1 (249 entries)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't won anything since the new thread opened, and now I won two things at once! 🤩

Thanks anonymous for Mafia III and The Sexy Brutale! (I've always been curious about the latter.)

lol I see a lot of people won multiple games. wonder if anyone won the same game twice :P
The two games I won were right beside one another, wild!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't won anything since the new thread opened, and now I won two things at once! 🤩

Thanks anonymous for Mafia III and The Sexy Brutale! (I've always been curious about the latter.)

The two games I won were right beside one another, wild!
the crazy part is in an 84 game giveaway you won both of the "big" prizes lol.

I know KILL KILL KILL was https://store.steampowered.com/app/687750/Yandere_School/ but I don't really remember what the rest of the games were.

I also wonder if anyone redeemed the stuff in the text as there was a few loose codes in there.

I'm glad Mafia 3 worked though. I was pretty sure that one wasn't redeemed but unlike all the others it was revealed because I had to reveal it to see what gave it even was :P

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
the crazy part is in an 84 game giveaway you won both of the "big" prizes lol.

I know KILL KILL KILL was https://store.steampowered.com/app/687750/Yandere_School/ but I don't really remember what the rest of the games were.

I also wonder if anyone redeemed the stuff in the text as there was a few loose codes in there.

I'm glad Mafia 3 worked though. I was pretty sure that one wasn't redeemed but unlike all the others it was revealed because I had to reveal it to see what gave it even was :P
Oh, you're anonymous? Well thanks then! :D

I've heard lots of good things about The Sexy Brutale, so I'm pretty excited about that. My pathetic computer can definitely not run Mafia III, and it's not really my type of game, but I'll make sure it goes to someone who can truly enjoy it.

Edit: Oh, I guess you can't give away a game once you've entered the key. Well, I guess Mafia III will have to wait until I get a better computer/become interested in shooting games. Who knows what the future holds.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you're anonymous? Well thanks then! :D

I've heard lots of good things about The Sexy Brutale, so I'm pretty excited about that. My pathetic computer can definitely not run Mafia III, and it's not really my type of game, but I'll make sure it goes to someone who can truly enjoy it.
yeah, if you read the text to the bot I outright say to PM me if there is any issues.
I figured it would make more sense with the narrative I was setting up that the bot was going out of control if it didn't directly link to me with the big give away lol.

If I'm giving away games I might as well have fun with it :P

1 gift from KainXVIII

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from KainXVIII KainXVIII!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

KainXVIII said:
Maybe somebody need it

• GOG GOG: Code for 85% discount on D&D games - Won by GoldStarz GoldStarz (16 entries)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:

Anonymous said:

• Steam Steam: Gochi-Show! -How To Learn Japanese Cooking Game-!

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions: