• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Before i forget, thank you to Samaritan for Fluffy Horde, and zulux21 for Sportsball/Woah Dave!

Krvavi Abadas thank you so much for Type:Rider! I entered in your recommendation 😵
❤️

If you have an even semi decent PC Yakuza 0 will run very well and look awesome. I ran it on 4k/Ultra/60FPS with a 970.

Yep, 0 (and in turn, Kiwami.) were originally designed with the Playstation 3 in mind. With them initially launching as cross-gen PS3/PS4 games.
It wouldn't be until 6 that the series moved fully onto 8th gen consoles.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Yeaaaah, FFXIV has me in its clutches too...ANd I'll be returning to study...And DnD 3-4 times a week...

I believe I can do it!
I believe in you! If you're anything like me, it's hard to start new games when I can just play what's familiar, so I've really gotta make an effort to clear my plate of what I'm playing and then move on instead around playing the same, comfy games the whole time.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I believe in you! If you're anything like me, it's hard to start new games when I can just play what's familiar, so I've really gotta make an effort to clear my plate of what I'm playing and then move on instead around playing the same, comfy games the whole time.

Yep, I'm the same way. I know what I like, and I've never been good at branching out. And then a solid sprinkling of 'I've started a game, now ooh bright shiny new game, wait, what was I doing in the old one oh crap I don't remember time to restart'.

I'm really enjoying TW3 though! My Era Secret Santa got it for me, and I'm doing Family Matters quest atm, which I've heard fantastic things about! ...But I mostly just keep getting distracted and running off into the wilderness to discover what is at each ? point...

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Yep, I'm the same way. I know what I like, and I've never been good at branching out. And then a solid sprinkling of 'I've started a game, now ooh bright shiny new game, wait, what was I doing in the old one oh crap I don't remember time to restart'.

I'm really enjoying TW3 though! My Era Secret Santa got it for me, and I'm doing Family Matters quest atm, which I've heard fantastic things about! ...But I mostly just keep getting distracted and running off into the wilderness to discover what is at each ? point...

Oh my god is this your first playthrough of The Witcher 3? I'm jealous if so.

MAI WAIFU and I are watching the netflix show right now and I'm tempted to do a ???th play-through. I've already platniumed it and done everything on GOG as well...but I could always play it again for the Steam achievements, right?

1 gift from AutoMard

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from OozeMan OozeMan!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

OozeMan said:
Hope this lives up to the winner's expectations. Especially recommended if you're an X-COM fan.

This key is supposed to work. Apologies in advance if any problems arise.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Phantom Doctrine - Won by GHOSTDEATH GHOSTDEATH (51 entries)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god is this your first playthrough of The Witcher 3? I'm jealous if so.

MAI WAIFU and I are watching the netflix show right now and I'm tempted to do a ???th play-through. I've already platniumed it and done everything on GOG as well...but I could always play it again for the Steam achievements, right?

Yes it is! I've seen my ex play some of it, I watching him play up to about Keira Metz's quest (But he didn't finish it) for the opening, and the entire Blood and Wine expansion, but never played it myself. Was on the radar, just, never got around to picking it up

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Yes it is! I've seen my ex play some of it, I watching him play up to about Keira Metz's quest (But he didn't finish it) for the opening, and the entire Blood and Wine expansion, but never played it myself. Was on the radar, just, never got around to picking it up

Sick. My only advice is to take a few minutes to learn Gwent. So addicting.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

That's exactly how I played TW3 and I'm stuck somewhere in Skellige with 200 hours under my belt because of it haha. Sometimes you've just gotta mainline a game's story instead of constantly getting sidetracked, but TW3 makes that so hard because so many of its side quests are written so damn well. Family Matters is absolutely a standout in that regard.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I wish I could play the GOTG again blind.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Sick. My only advice is to take a few minutes to learn Gwent. So addicting.

*sudden flashbacks to the hours upon hours spent in Triple Triad both through FF8 and FF14*

OOoooh noooo, I can't handle that i'll never come out the other side XD I already have 20hrs logged avoiding it!
That's exactly how I played TW3 and I'm stuck somewhere in Skellige with 200 hours under my belt because of it haha. Sometimes you've just gotta mainline a game's story instead of constantly getting sidetracked, but TW3 makes that so hard because so many of its side quests are written so damn well. Family Matters is absolutely a standout in that regard.

Yeahhh, I get the compulsive need to go to all the markers, finish all the quests, make my map clean and shinyyyy. And if the sidequests are written well, all the better!

2 gifts from JMY86

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from JMY86 JMY86!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

JMY86 said:
Greetings ERA folks, in the spirit of the holiday season I have a couple PS4 digital codes to giveaway!

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

PLEASE ONLY ENTER IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY OWN THESE TITLES AND ARE IN THE US AND CANADA ONLY.
CODE EXPIRES ON 03/31/2020.

• PlayStation 4 (US AND CANADA) PlayStation 4 (US AND CANADA): Horizion Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Won by The October Man The October Man (66 entries)
  • PlayStation 4 (US AND CANADA) PlayStation 4 (US AND CANADA): God of War (2018) - Won by flameINSANE (57 entries)

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
The quality side quests is what made it so easy to get distracted tho lol. I would only touch the main campaign when I had no choice cause there was so much mischief to get caught up in. Witcher 3 was soooooo great.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Serial Cleaner - Won by SiG SiG (11 entries)

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, three chances to win God of War 2018 on the last two pages. Makes me so happy to see more people will play this masterpiece. Good luck folks!

It makes me wish I had a PS4. There are a handful of exclusives I'd like to play and a few of them have been given out lately. Fortunately it seems like the PS5 will give me the chance.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017

First time Witcher 3 experience? I wish i was you damn it! Well enjoy full of it while you can, no quality game like Witcher 3 ever happened so go all "!" "?" these marks and finish your journey as perfect! :D

Btw thanks for all these giveaway folks! Very generous of you! <3

Also don't tell me Delphine still didn't win Hellblade, LMAO!

Last edited:

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Yeahhh, I get the compulsive need to go to all the markers, finish all the quests, make my map clean and shinyyyy. And if the sidequests are written well, all the better!
The quality side quests is what made it so easy to get distracted tho lol. I would only touch the main campaign when I had no choice cause there was so much mischief to get caught up in. Witcher 3 was soooooo great.
... I really should finish TW3 huh?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC

I cannot stress this enough:

giphy.gif

Deleted member 62100

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019

From what I remember most of the side quests are just people chewing up the scenery. There's a certain quest involving a shitty father/king and the dialogue was so cheesy and played up that I couldn't take any of it seriously. It was the equivalent of a scene in a movie playing sad piano music to try and get you to tear up. Now, if you happen to like that sort of thing for whatever reason...

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really got to try the Witcher 3 and FF15 Royal. Just heard things about the janky combat but really want to check out the story.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IMO ignore the haters of both. TW3 is the game of the gen and FFXV is a perfectly cromulent game for what it is, if a bit rushed and disappointing. Still kinda a visual showcase.
Plus they are both cheap on Amazon and PSN right now. Think I'll go for them soon, I need some story games to go through before FF7R and TLOU2 get here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's so long though haha. I'm reinstalling it now, so that's one step closer to actually seeing the end of this game.
The best part of finishing TW3 is that then you are free to play the much superior Blood and Wine expansion.

Sure you can do that mid-TW3 as well, but it's better to have finished the main story first IMO.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
The best part of finishing TW3 is that then you are free to play the much superior Blood and Wine expansion.

Sure you can do that mid-TW3 as well, but it's better to have finished the main story first IMO.
So I've heard! I'll be sure to hold off on that until after I see credits.
You misspelled Hearts of Stone

Gaunter O'Dimm is straight up one of the best villains of all time
Is Hearts of Stone the same as Blood and Wine where it should be experienced after the main game? Or does it slot in nicely in the middle somewhere??

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So I've heard! I'll be sure to hold off on that until after I see credits.

Is Hearts of Stone the same as Blood and Wine where it should be experienced after the main game? Or does it slot in nicely in the middle somewhere??

Yes, Hearts of Stone is similar, though it is much smaller than Blood and Wine and takes place in the same 'world' as the main TW3, not an entirely new region like Blood and Wine.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure you will enjoy the Witcher 3, I didn't but I know most did.
Always wanted to play the story. I'm a very casual RPG fan but I love Mass Effect. What kept me from playing it was all the talk about the combat being awful, and as I had just come off Horizon ZD (which was a joy to play for me), that put me off a bit.

What didn't you like about it?

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I got way into the witcher a few months back, powered through all but one of the novels while simultaneously playing 3. fell off when my PC broke halfway through blood and wine, and coincidentally was also reading about toussaint when i fell off those books too. gotta finish those off sometime soon huh

Junior

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of TW3 I still need to play the expansions. I did beat TW3 the year it came out though.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted to play the story. I'm a very casual RPG fan but I love Mass Effect. What kept me from playing it was all the talk about the combat being awful, and as I had just come off Horizon ZD (which was a joy to play for me), that put me off a bit.

What didn't you like about it?
The combat, basically the controls in general just didn't like how it played.

1 gift from Cheezeman3000

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cheezeman3000 Cheezeman3000!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - Won by Alsim (31 entries)

1 gift from zulux21

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from zulux21 zulux21!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

zulux21 said:
On the 12th day of mystery giveaways gift bot gave to me

no hints today. enter at your own risk :P

• Steam Steam: Mystery gift day 12 - Won by Kneefoil Kneefoil (239 entries)