• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virzeth

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda low effort, sorry, tired

NJPlzzK.jpg

Too bleak? Not biblical enough? How 'bout 'tis

kXmRraS.jpg

...me, a "lurker"?!

*scoffs*

Been hereish since at least

v6T8iz6.jpg

GLORY TO GIFTBOTSKA

NptQOrj.jpg

ahhh, forgot to edit the weight... pretend there's an XX above k thks

...and 5. Looking at you now, Senua. >:)

Last edited:

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this thread and the giveaways! It's like it's Christmas morning everyday, except when I come the stairs there aren't any presents under the tree..... 😔

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (UK) Nintendo Switch (UK): Nintendo UK Store: 10% discount - Won by Aeleus Aeleus (12 entries)

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were some crazy good giveaways. Congrats on all that won. I actually like the no lurker restriction in a new thread, makes it more funny. Gotta search for the treasures after 5 posts in 45+ pages.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks RiPPn for the Symbols in the Stars (dynamic theme), but just realized I already have it. Not sure what to do now with it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Can I plug that we also have a long-running thread specifically for digital movie code giveaways? It can be quiet at times, but also acts as a thread for digital code questions/news. Lots of games/trivia usually involved for giveaways.

www.resetera.com

I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray/4k and don't want the digital code give away |OT| Entertainment - OT

1) NO BEGGING NO BEGGING NO BEGGING 2) Giver sets the rules, ie first to quote, first to post a picture of x.., guess the movie, etc. 3) No offsite contests just post a code you want to giveaway and how you want to give it away There is a giftbot helping to automate giveaways here on...

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys obtain codes to giveaway especially for PS4 and stuff ?

It seems most digital storefronts discourage just giving you a code to giveaway.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's not great for this thread. The motivation was if you want to do a giveaway in a particular community thread and you want to ensure it goes to a member of that community.

I get that, but this is nuts. Earlier I was scrolling past shark and warm gifs :/ I would tosd out freebies once and a while on the other thread, but no one is vetted.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
My first win in this thread!
Thanks Spyware for Niffelheim!
Oh shit I won Civ Vi!!!!!

Thanks, Spyware!!
Thank you, Spyware , for adding a bit of mystery to my life. First win of the new thread :)

Congrats!

I hope the mystery with vague clues part was enjoyable since I'm probably gonna do that again at some point. :)

One person got the CoD game right. It was 2, not 4! My clue said that it could have been in the spotlight if the bundle happened 12 tears ago, and since the current Humble CoD is two years old, this CoD had to be 14 years old.

People figured out Civ relatively quickly, no surprise there.

Not surprised tho that no one guessed that the third game was Niffelheim. Pretty obscure.

Is anybody actually reading this whole thread?
I am! Every time I've been away I start from where I was and sorta speed read through the new posts. Might miss stuff here and there but generally I read it all. Doesn't take too long and means I am not missing any fun jokes or memes!

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats? on winning :D my "Bad Rats.. or is it?" giveaway. GoldenCat

Prize spoilers:
Some people hide Bad Rats behind a mystery box. Some people Garfield Kart. I did both.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of memes that spawned from the GiftBot thread due to the 5 post lurker rule was amazing.

Hopefully the rule isn't used much in this thread since it DID make that thread move at a breakneck pace! (Not looking good so far though lol)

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to just view active giveaways? 2,000+ posts in 24 hours... :-/

I think it's fair to say that the least amount of effort someone should make is to go and see for the giveaways. I would have missed out on a lot of good jokes, GIFs and quality content in the last thread if it would've been only the giveaways. Actually still reading through the thread to see what I missed the whole day.

Edit: just saw a button with giveaways? Maybe.. maybe this is the shortcut?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats!

I hope the mystery with vague clues part was enjoyable since I'm probably gonna do that again at some point. :)

One person got the CoD game right. It was 2, not 4! My clue said that it could have been in the spotlight if the bundle happened 12 tears ago, and since the current Humble CoD is two years old, this CoD had to be 14 years old.

People figured out Civ relatively quickly, no surprise there.

Not surprised tho that no one guessed that the third game was Niffelheim. Pretty obscure.

I am! Every time I've been away I start from where I was and sorta speed read through the new posts. Might miss stuff here and there but generally I read it all. Doesn't take too long and means I am not missing any fun jokes or memes!

Never would have guessed it was Niffelheim. I thought it was Road to Ballhalla

I loved the riddles tho, so much more fun!

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe just disable the option in the next OT, if possible.

I don't think it's completely senseless. It's just senseless if the thread started and the time you have to make 5 posts is 24 hours. The first giveaways should maybe all start with a minimum of 3 days? Like the first few did a good job I think, no rush.