• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Every freaking time...
Dvfi9AF3P5.gif

2 gifts from Cerium

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Cerium Cerium!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cerium said:
Thanks to SNK for Samurai Shodown - Deluxe Edition! We've also got another rare treat: Man of Medan for Xbox One!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (EU) PlayStation 4 (EU): Samurai Shodown - Deluxe Edition - Won by LAM09 LAM09 (379 entries)
  • Xbox One Xbox One: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Won by jasius jasius (134 entries)

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
Got that dreaded "better luck next time" message, regarding SamSho. Oh well, lot of entries on that one. I'll still grab the game eventually, that's for sure.

Dumb edit: I just noticed there's another raffle for it. Time to try again!

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
Gunman Clive! for the Nintendo 3DS

These are our awesome prizes:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
hope i win SamSho. I cannot handle losing another 'lucky draw' this month again (did not managed to get the ballot for London Marathon 2020) :'(

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Photoshop CS5 just because I'm so familiar with it. It would look much smoother (& not taken so long to do) if I used something like Clip Studio Paint, but I'm still getting used to that program.

I'm using CS6, so I guess you did it frame by frame? Deleting everything that shouldn't be there in each frame, creating the Giftbot animation frame by frame? At least that's the only way I know how to do it, lol.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if aiming for the less wanted games is even giving me more luck. It seems none.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using CS6, so I guess you did it frame by frame? Deleting everything that shouldn't be there in each frame, creating the Giftbot animation frame by frame? At least that's the only way I know how to do it, lol.
-The original Homer gif was 4 frames and Giftbot's is 25 (but I limit it to 24). So I duplicated the Homer layers 6 times to equal Giftbot's and then played with there timing to approximate the original Simpson's clip.
-At the beginning of the last Giveaway thread I used an online tool (which I can't seem to remember) to extract the frames from the Giftbot animated .png.
-I put all the Giftbot frames in a folder and distort/ warped them to the right perspective.
-I erased Homer's face and enough of the blue background to show the Giftbot layers placed underneath.
-The bottom layer is the blue sky and a layer above that is a redrawn back of the crown and his body.
-Then frame by frame I moved the Giftbot and redrawn layer to move with Homer's animation.
-I merged everything into 24 distinct layers and went in, fixing and redrawing anything wrong (like clipping).

Clip Studio Paint can do animated PNGs (APNG) and they turn out smoother. Just now I think I figured out the timing to make it look better and I might try a better version later.

Last edited:

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
-The original Homer gif was 4 frames and Giftbot's is 25 (but I limit it to 24).
-I put all the Giftbot frames in a folder and distort/ warped them to the right perspective.
-I erased Homer's face and enough of the blue background to show the Giftbot layers placed underneath.
-The bottom layer is the blue sky and a layer above that is a redrawn back of the crown and his body.
-Then frame by frame I moved the Giftbot and redrawn layer to move with Homer's animation.
-I merged everything into 24 distinct layers and went in, fixing and redrawing anything wrong (like clipping).

Clip Studio Paint can do animated PNGs (APNG) and they turn out smoother. Just now I think I figured out the timing to make it look better and I might try a better version later.

Thanks for the details!