• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
One day, I will be a winner like Ash. Alas, today is not that day. O' Lord Giftbot, please let me be one of your chosen ones one day.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Had some time to kill so I updated my old joke and fixed Giftbot having it's face cut in half the whole time.

What do you all use to make these things? I was using an online Youtube to gif converter and then Adobe Photoshop and Imageready for my Pennywise one, and despite it taking almost an hour to do (hadn't really used the programs in years so I'd forgotten a lot of stuff), it still turned out like crap.

Skelatix

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
What do you all use to make these things? I was using an online Youtube to gif converter and then Adobe Photoshop and Imageready for my Pennywise one, and despite it taking almost an hour to do (hadn't really used the programs in years so I'd forgotten a lot of stuff), it still turned out like crap.
I originally used a free program called Shotcut, but had issue where it would cut off images when I tried warping it for that perspective angle.
Also had to animate everything by hand which was murder.
EJtHBfr.jpg

Then discovered a old copy of After Effects I still had from varsity so been using online tutorials to try and teach myself that.

I also made a stupid joke regarding all the keys coming from 3 places basically, Humble Bundles, Fanatical Bundles and Green Man Bundles.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Shoutout to Hachiji for LiS and Nightsky! Those two games have been on my wishlist for years

Thanks for the game GoldenCat. I've only played civ 6 and am excited to try out it's predecessor.

Enjoy! Some people actually prefer 5 to 6 so you might have an even better time with the predecessor😊

Only the last game in the trilogy is actually about lightning.

FF13 is focused on Vanille and Fang, as they are the cause of the entire events.

FF13-2 focuses on Sara and Noel, light only appears for a few scenes.

I meant that the trilogy overall is about Lightning getting tricked by the gods, beating/protecting them, and then becoming one. It's been a few years since I replayed the games so I might be remembering wrong lol

Soul Suspect = Sole suspect

Holy shit you just blew my mind... if only the game was as good as the pun

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Stop It for the farming game! I haven't played a farm sim since sim farm around 95.

Code turned out to be used, but no worries. It happens with bundles And that was pre warned anyway.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Me seeing there's only 13 entries total to my 4-games giveaway restricted to non-junior giver-only users who haven't won anything yet this month:

Bi18hsr.gif

I like what I'm seeing, I'll probably use these restrictions all the damn time now.

HzAdzg7.gif

Last edited:

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Limiting yourself to only view Giveaways in this thread is missing the point, I think.
It's actually more entertaining to see all the gifs and reaction posts than winning free games.
That said, kudos to all of generous gift givers in this & previous thread!

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After Effects. There is also Davinci Resolve and Hitfilm Express as free alternatives. Basically do the editing in those programs, render to an image sequence, then I bring that image sequence into photoshop and make a gif from there.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The giveaways page lets you elect not to create a threadmark, so I don't know if the giveaways listing will actually include those.

1 gift from André

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from André André!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

André said:
I don't know why I have this.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Divine Slice of Life - Won by BPHusker BPHusker (4 entries)

Eternal Song

Oct 31, 2017
I've read some posts. Surely that counts for something
It might as well.
Looking back, I did skim over people thanking Knack.
I assume not, but maybe Queen Kong can give a definitive answer?
tumblr_psx7fkQcT21qb5qxmo3_250.gif

Lurkers trying to get their post count up: gimme a gif of what you're hoping to see in a giveaway! Let's get a summoning circle going
So, you're asking for gifs of Eternal Darkness 2, right? You did say "summoning circle," so that's what comes to mind.
Limiting yourself to only view Giveaways in this thread is missing the point, I think.
It's actually more entertaining to see all the gifs and reaction posts than winning free games.
That said, kudos to all of generous gift givers in this & previous thread!
I agree; the thread is better when you actually read past the giveaways. Unfortunately, with the speed at which it moves, I might invest less time into reading the next one.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017

Aw, thank you so much for The First Tree, The-Depth-In-Us! Looks like just my type of game. <3
Cheers!
Thank you The-Depth-In-Us for Knights of the Old Republic II!
Oh damn. I won Star Wars KotOR. Thanks a lot The-Depth-In-Us
I really need to buy something to give away soon.

Enjoy!