• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
40934131250_cf72367915_o.gif

1 gift from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Samaritan Samaritan!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Samaritan said:

These are our awesome prizes:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
You will first need to register an Epic Games account, and then download the Epic Games launcher.

To redeem your product key to Epic Games, you can either redeem them via the Epic Games Redemption page or follow these steps to redeem to your Epic Games launcher directly:

1. Highlight and copy the Epic Game Store Code
  2. Once you have installed the Epic Games Launcher, launch the client and enter your login credentials. When you are logged into your account, click your username in the bottom left corner of the launcher.
  3. In the pop-up window, select the "Redeem Code" option. This will open up a new window within the launcher.
  4. From here you can paste or enter the key you copied from your download page into the field under "Redeem your product"
  5. If your key is valid the grey "REDEEM" button will now turn blue and can be clicked. You will be taken to your library where you will be able to download and play your newly registered game!

• EGS EGS: The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (10 entries)

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
There are some beautiful, benevolent souls in this thread. Truly.

I wish Era wasn't classified as "games" on my work web browser's firewall so I could easily set up some giveaways. Mobile is a bitch :(.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A win, finally! Thank you Dazraell for Manhunt. I have a funny anecdote with this game, I think I played it like 2 years after release on PC, I think it was gifted away with some horror themed gaming magazine or something of the sort - I sure didn't pay a whole lot for it but I was curious to play it because of the prior controversies about the game's extreme violence. The good old "let's blame every violent act on games" already ran its course multiple times between Doom, Mortal Kombat and GTA, but for this first time with Manhunt I felt that, while exaggerated, maybe they did have a good point after all.

I mean, the game was a simpler version of Hitman/Splinter Cell where your only goal was murder people. It wasn't about being stealthy, it was about being brutal. The more pain and suffering you caused to them, the better your score would be. It was pretty hardcore especially for the days, and as a teen back then I remember distinctly my mother looking at the game when I was playing. Now, my parents made me grow up on games like Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Tomb Raider, and this only in my first 8 years of my life so I wasn't exactly unused to violence, and neither were they. Well, for the first time ever, they didn't want me to play something so cruel, something so brutal for the sake of brutal. And for the only time, I kinda understood the point. I still played it when my parents weren't around, because as limited as the game was in some ways, it was also unprecedented in its way to convey violence and suffering.

I can see why it would please deviated people, but at the same time it's one of the few games that properly conveys how a person who is tortured, brutally murdered actually suffers. A weird experiment for sure. I never finished the game, not sure why I abandoned it after a while after all these years, but it's an interesting piece of gaming history, one that I have distinct memories with myself. I'm happy to own the game again, it'll also make an interesting little documentary piece for my fiancé (who enjoyed movies like the Saw films with me so she'll be okay with the violence) about how a game 16 years ago managed to be so incredibly wrong and yet so right. A world where GTA or Doom might be taking the main headlines, but where Manhunt made those look like child games in comparison.

Also a pretty solid pick for October in general given the horror vibes of said month. I'll let you know if we get to the game in a timely manner :) Thanks for the giveaway, you truly gave me a game that has a meaning to me. I'd lie if I said it was some gaming masterpiece for the ages, but it's such a unique piece of gaming history that it deserves to be remembered. And I will revisit it with pleasure. Definitely a meaningful pick for my (so far) only win in the new thread!

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
wow at all those amazing giveaways!
Tempting to just spam some posts to reach 100 ... well I won't , so good luck to all who try their luck!

Super_T

Mar 16, 2018
I was asleep for this, but I'll let you know my thoughts behind it. Back when Era was first made there was a tiny window of glitch. At this time, account registration was being done in waves, and with codes distributed through known people on Discords. Account registration opened, and didn't require a non-free email, people could sign up with anything.

So a lot of people did. There were a lot of eyes on Era during this period, and this glitch did not go unnoticed. A lot of burners were made here, burners still used to this day for people to troll, to express bannable opinions, or to try and derail or hurt threads.

The games I've given away, most have been pretty pricy. And the one thing I really don't want is one of these burner accounts picking up the game, and then reselling it, and really the only way I can do that is junior restriction. I'm sorry it does lock out legitimate newbies, but, it's alas, the best solution I got :(

I'm Junior and I can't partecipate at several gifts but I agree that the limitation is the best possible solution to avoid speculations.

Thank you for everything you do ^_^

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
why is monster hunter junior restricted? i wanted that game for so long but my broke ass can't afford it. its not a guaranteed win but let a man dream. :(
its like $21 on CdKeys

I was asleep for this, but I'll let you know my thoughts behind it. Back when Era was first made there was a tiny window of glitch. At this time, account registration was being done in waves, and with codes distributed through known people on Discords. Account registration opened, and didn't require a non-free email, people could sign up with anything.

So a lot of people did. There were a lot of eyes on Era during this period, and this glitch did not go unnoticed. A lot of burners were made here, burners still used to this day for people to troll, to express bannable opinions, or to try and derail or hurt threads.

The games I've given away, most have been pretty pricy. And the one thing I really don't want is one of these burner accounts picking up the game, and then reselling it, and really the only way I can do that is junior restriction. I'm sorry it does lock out legitimate newbies, but, it's alas, the best solution I got :(

That was a glitch? I thought the allowed it for people coming from gaf.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, amazing giveaways! I already have RE2 and LiS and my PC can't handle Control but I'm entering for Before the Storm and Senua with all my might. Notice me giftbot!

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
That was a glitch? I thought the allowed it for people coming from gaf.

Yeah, this was during the time where Era was still invite only. Account creation opened at very certain times, and you needed a code that was distributed via Discords of a lot of the community threads. It was a long time ago now, so I don't remember all the specifics, but for about an hour IIRC, account creation was wide open, and people could use gmail or hotmail accounts as their sign up email. It was actually when I ended up signing up, and then things were closed back up again for another day or so before opening up for realsies.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, this was during the time where Era was still invite only. Account creation opened at very certain times, and you needed a code that was distributed via Discords of a lot of the community threads. It was a long time ago now, so I don't remember all the specifics, but for about an hour IIRC, account creation was wide open, and people could use gmail or hotmail accounts as their sign up email. It was actually when I ended up signing up, and then things were closed back up again for another day or so before opening up for realsies.
I remember the discord stuff (which was how I got in). Maybe because they let people from the discords use free emails.....I dunno?

1 gift from Cappa

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cappa Cappa!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cappa said:
I have to apologize to @Oublieux i think who made original raffle i thought I did not own puzzle agent already on steam but I do so im re raffling this. I thought I only had the sequels

• Steam Steam: Puzzle Agent - Won by Kaveri Kaveri (3 entries)