• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there a way to relinquish a win if the mystery game won turns out to be something you already owned?

This is why I don't like the mystery game option

I only enter for games I want to play, have the means to play, and will likely play in the next few months

Anyone entering for games they don't want, or even know what the game is, don't have the means to play, or don't have the time to play, are stopping people who can actually use the codes from getting them

I would imagine the vast majority of mystery key winners won't want to play the games they win, and there are probably people who would have wanted to play those games, had they known what the prize was

It just seems counter to the "only enter for games you want to play" mentality that makes the most sense for the community

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Samaritan Samaritan!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Samaritan said:
One trick, one treat! Pick carefully, cause even if you win, you might still lose. ;)

Today's second giveaway is for A Hat in Time!

2cc.gif

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: A hat TRICK? - Won by rein rein (106 entries)
  • Steam Steam: or TREAT in time?? - Won by BlazeHedgehog BlazeHedgehog (103 entries)

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Imma be real here, I own both Bayo(s) and Hollow Knight, I just entered to know what the trick games are, if I win them I'll re-raffle them

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Samaritan said:
One trick, one treat! Pick carefully, cause even if you win, you might still lose. ;)

Today's third giveaway is for Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time!

lwa.gif

• Steam Steam: Cast a spell to TRICK? - Won by Lone_Prodigy Lone_Prodigy (113 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Or drink a TREAT potion? - Won by Pixieking Pixieking (112 entries)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Samaritan is a star. I'm not usually a fan of mystery giveaways but yours were done well so I entered a couple of them. Thanks for offering all those great games, and as the poster above me just mentioned that Little Witch got delisted from Steam today. I'm sure your code will still work, but anyone looking to buy it there if they lose, tough luck.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
This thread is so much fun ahaha, I hope the one who gets Hollow Knight loves it as much as I did, great game.

1 gift from Blinksy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Blinksy Blinksy!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Blinksy said:

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

Samaritan said:

Today's fourth giveaway is for Yomawari: Night Alone!

source.gif

• Steam Steam: 騙す? - Won by Equirah Equirah (81 entries)
  • Steam Steam: 珍味?? - Won by Fireblend Fireblend (100 entries)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
Bet you haven't seen this one before

• Epic Games Store Epic Games Store: The Walking Dead: Michonne - Won by Ifrit Ifrit (7 entries)

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
This is why I don't like the mystery game option

I only enter for games I want to play, have the means to play, and will likely play in the next few months

Anyone entering for games they don't want, or even know what the game is, don't have the means to play, or don't have the time to play, are stopping people who can actually use the codes from getting them

I would imagine the vast majority of mystery key winners won't want to play the games they win, and there are probably people who would have wanted to play those games, had they known what the prize was

It just seems counter to the "only enter for games you want to play" mentality that makes the most sense for the community
Pretty sure if you win something from these trick or treat things you don't want, you could just make your own giveaway

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

Samaritan said:

Today's fifth giveaway is for Undertale!

latest

• Steam Steam: You decide you won't be TRICKed this time - Won by tryagainlater tryagainlater (79 entries)
  • Steam Steam: You're filled with TREATs - Won by sanhora sanhora (80 entries)

1 gift from WarRock

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 5621!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 5621 said:
Ended up winning it from another giveawas, so my thanks @blackMamba1187 , and here it is for someone else!

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

Samaritan said:

Today's sixth giveaway is for Return of the Obra Dinn!

AlphaFix-OldLantern.gif

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017
Is captcha a real thing now?
The CAPTCHAs were always real.

The question is...
...are you?

Well, that's one of the questions. The other question being whether this is a stop sign next to that busload of orphans. I'm going to need to know real soon -- like, in three seconds or so -- so if you could click the boxes containing stop signs ASAP, that'd be swell.

Autonomous driving is hard, yo...

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The CAPTCHAs were always real.

The question is...
...are you?

Well, that's one of the questions. The other question being whether this is a stop sign next to that busload of orphans. I'm going to need to know real soon -- like, in three seconds or so -- so if you could click the boxes containing stop signs ASAP, that'd be swell.

Autonomous driving is hard, yo...
I'm pretty sure gb had none till yesterday.

2 gifts from Samaritan

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:

Samaritan said:

Today's seventh giveaway is for Hitman 2!

3BEB365F6A8D6B2A43ABFF7D692C5593CBC01FF1

• Steam Steam: Looks like a TRICK - Won by sredgrin sredgrin (113 entries)
  • Steam Steam: But it could be a TREAT in disguise - Won by Dingotech Dingotech (119 entries)

1 gift from Cloudst69

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Cloudst69 Cloudst69!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Epic Epic: The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries - Won by GlitchyDegree GlitchyDegree (8 entries)