• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Awesome to see this still going strong. Samaritan your halloween event was such a cool idea and really generous. Love the coloured type.

I'm also totally not starting my quest for five posts.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Appreciate the kind words! It was really fun to put on.
Let me help you with getting those posts! What games are you putting a lot of time into lately??
You star, thank you! Despite having a number of the recent releases I'm still bound to Destiny 2 following the release of Shadowkeep. Death Stranding will be the big one to pull me from it on Friday though, so I'm looking forward to that. Forgetting my wider backlog I'm still keen to finish up Link's Awakening and Fire Emblem while also checking out Luigi's Mansion. Too many great games these days!

How about yourself, what's got you hooked?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
You star, thank you! Despite having a number of the recent releases I'm still bound to Destiny 2 following the release of Shadowkeep. Death Stranding will be the big one to pull me from it on Friday though, so I'm looking forward to that. Forgetting my wider backlog I'm still keen to finish up Link's Awakening and Fire Emblem while also checking out Luigi's Mansion. Too many great games these days!

How about yourself, what's got you hooked?
That sounds a lot like me haha. Right now I'm sort of in limbo after devouring Shadowkeep for its first two weeks. Definitely needed a break from D2 after that though, so I went back to FFXIV, which I've been working my way through the last few months, slowly but surely making my way to Shadowbringers (what is it with MMOs and Shadow expansions?). Have The Outer Wilds, Control, and now Red Dead Redemption 2 and Planet Zoo on my immediate list, just need to decide which to tackle first. And then once that's done, I'll probably get back to my Switch to finish Fire Emblem myself, and then give Luigi's Mansion a spin as well. There's just way, way too many games. I might wait a year or two before jumping into the next-gen just so I can work on my backlog first.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That sounds a lot like me haha. Right now I'm sort of in limbo after devouring Shadowkeep for its first two weeks. Definitely needed a break from D2 after that though, so I went back to FFXIV, which I've been working my way through the last few months, slowly but surely making my way to Shadowbringers (what is it with MMOs and Shadow expansions?). Have The Outer Wilds, Control, and now Red Dead Redemption 2 and Planet Zoo on my immediate list, just need to decide which to tackle first. And then once that's done, I'll probably get back to my Switch to finish Fire Emblem myself, and then give Luigi's Mansion a spin as well. There's just way, way too many games. I might wait a year or two before jumping into the next-gen just so I can work on my backlog first.

My backlog is massive but it's a lot of games that have been out for awhile that I still haven't finished lol. Just wanted to chime in and tell you that you are awesome too Samaritan!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nice! I hear good things about FFXIV these days but understand the initial hurdle is quite daunting? Don't know much about it at all to be honest, though considering D2 I'm not sure I have enough time for two alongside trying to fit other more 'one and done' experiences in the cracks!

Oh wow, you have some good ones stored up. Control is my personal GotY having gone in with little knowledge save the launch trailer the night before release. Masterclass in world building and although the story end is a little weak, there's enough interesting stuff going on around and beyond that that it does little to diminish my feeling for it. Certainly delve into the spoiler thread on completion as there's some very, very neat but subtle things in there.

Red Dead you need to experience just for the visuals. I need to go back and finish it, having only made it a quarter through (I spent way too long just roleplaying cowboy life). It's absolutely jaw-dropping how that game looks.

That's a really smart idea for next gen and sorting the backlog that I'd entertain if I knew I had the willpower to uphold it. I think we're set for another incredible gen, and with the console bump should be really interesting to see what's delivered.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
There's just way, way too many games. I might wait a year or two before jumping into the next-gen just so I can work on my backlog first.

Ha, that is what I am saying to myself everytime a new console releases and yet, as soon as the hardware hits the shelves I'll get lured in by good looking shiny B-tier games, illusionairy promisses and the mouth-watering distant smell of a fresh experience...
Iam a weak man..

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
OMG Kyuuji glad to finally see you around here, you were such a big contributor to the Giftbot Extravaganza thread, I wondered where you'd gone!

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Nice! I hear good things about FFXIV these days but understand the initial hurdle is quite daunting? Don't know much about it at all to be honest, though considering D2 I'm not sure I have enough time for two alongside trying to fit other more 'one and done' experiences in the cracks!

Oh wow, you have some good ones stored up. Control is my personal GotY having gone in with little knowledge save the launch trailer the night before release. Masterclass in world building and although the story end is a little weak, there's enough interesting stuff going on around and beyond that that it does little to diminish my feeling for it. Certainly delve into the spoiler thread on completion as there's some very, very neat but subtle things in there.

Red Dead you need to experience just for the visuals. I need to go back and finish it, having only made it a quarter through (I spent way too long just roleplaying cowboy life). It's absolutely jaw-dropping how that game looks.

That's a really smart idea for next gen and sorting the backlog that I'd entertain if I knew I had the willpower to uphold it. I think we're set for another incredible gen, and with the console bump should be really interesting to see what's delivered.
FFXIV is absolutely fantastic if you enjoy MMOs, but the base game's story content can definitely be a massive drag for a lot of people. The best and worst part of the game's structure is that you have to go through the main story linearly, like a traditional FF game, but because the A Realm Reborn main story quest is so long and padded out in spots, a LOT of people give up before ever getting to Heavensward, the game's first expansion, which is absolutely phenomenal in its story and setting. Thankfully the devs are working to condense the base game's main story next year, so it should be a lot more tolerable to new players!

I'm really excited to play Control, it's probably what I'll end up going with first. Seems like every single person who's touched it just gushes about it, so I'm really eager to see what everyone is talking about!

I'm actually coming to the PC version of RDR2 after putting over 50 hours into the console version, most of which was also just playing Cowboy Simulator 2018. Really looking forward to it weirdly enough, despite having to replay multiple story chapters just to get to where I left off.

3 gifts from rochellepaws

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from rochellepaws rochellepaws!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a self-admitted FFXIV addict, I've been playing since beta of a Realm Reborn! FFXIV is different from a lot of other MMOs and GaaS games, where, the journey is just as important as the end point, which can really be a departure for people coming from other games like WoW. If you're looking to give it a shot though, the free trial is unlimited in time, and you can level all bar the expansion jobs (Red Mage, Samurai, Dancer, Dark Knight, Astrologian, Machinist and Gunbreaker) up to level 35, including the crafting and gathering jobs. And like Samaritan mentioned, they're aiming on streamlining the experience in patch 5.3, which should be 7 months away, going by the regular release schedule

Nightz

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Outer Worlds and don't have anything to play. The itch to go back to Destiny 2 and FFXIV is starting.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Outer Worlds and don't have anything to play. The itch to go back to Destiny 2 and FFXIV is starting.

I give you a picture of my Viera, in the new Nier raid top, in this trying time ;)

zAV7cco.jpg

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had time to put into FFXIV.
I tried the free trial and it didn't really click with me in the little time I put into it, but all the positive stuff said about it lately makes me really curious.
Having played WoW for a long ass time, I'm not sure if I should play another MMO even I had the time. I'm the sort of person that has to play the game as much as I humanly can.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
What an absolute queen!

Still holding my breath for male Viera to be added at some point; I'd pay to change from a cat boi to bunny boi in a heartbeat.

I'm really hoping they get added too, along with female Hrothgar. As much as I really love my Viera, I love being a long girl (I came from Duskwight), I love the emotes, but the lack of customisation and headpieces hurts. Bards and Red Mages need to be wearing the biggest, fanciest hats, it's just the rules!

And don't get me started on poor Hrothgar, my boyfriend plays one and he has to get a Fantasia to change his hair!

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I'm really hoping they get added too, along with female Hrothgar. As much as I really love my Viera, I love being a long girl (I came from Duskwight), I love the emotes, but the lack of customisation and headpieces hurts. Bards and Red Mages need to be wearing the biggest, fanciest hats, it's just the rules!

And don't get me started on poor Hrothgar, my boyfriend plays one and he has to get a Fantasia to change his hair!
OH GOD THE HATS. I completely forgot about their headpiece situation. So I take it back, forget that idea, it's the cat boi life for me.

Yeah Hrothgar got it even worse, I suppose it's because their hair styles are, like, baked into their faces or something like that? Hopefully it gets "fixed" down the road and your boyfriend can get his Fantasia refunded haha

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
OH GOD THE HATS. I completely forgot about their headpiece situation. So I take it back, forget that idea, it's the cat boi life for me.

Yeah Hrothgar got it even worse, I suppose it's because their hair styles are, like, baked into their faces or something like that? Hopefully it gets "fixed" down the road and your boyfriend can get his Fantasia refunded haha

Yeah, I'm not usually one for a lot of headpieces cause I like being able to see my character's face but, there are some hats I just miss, and it's always heartbreaking when you're like 'Hey I'll try this hat on to have a closer-- aaaand it's gone'

Yeah, their hairstyles are baked in with their face which is super rough if you're looking for the customisation. He's happy with what he's got, at least, even despite the limitations!

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Yeah, I'm not usually one for a lot of headpieces cause I like being able to see my character's face but, there are some hats I just miss, and it's always heartbreaking when you're like 'Hey I'll try this hat on to have a closer-- aaaand it's gone'

Yeah, their hairstyles are baked in with their face which is super rough if you're looking for the customisation. He's happy with what he's got, at least, even despite the limitations!
You still don't see many Hrothgar around! At least I don't on my server, so I'd imagine he must feel pretty good about being a rare sight, limitations and all.

But Yoshi-Please, give these fine folks some more customization options.

1 gift from TheSix

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from TheSix TheSix!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox One Xbox One: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition - Won by Famassu Famassu (69 entries)

Nightz

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the free trial and it didn't really click with me in the little time I put into it, but all the positive stuff said about it lately makes me really curious.
Having played WoW for a long ass time, I'm not sure if I should play another MMO even I had the time. I'm the sort of person that has to play the game as much as I humanly can.
Yep, time is the only thing holding me back.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Serves me right for not posting in this thread sooner. I would love to enter for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Finally have an excuse to replay the first game and finish the trilogy (never played the second game either!).

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is why i sub like a month at a time when I don't have much to play, I always have lots to do and it doesn't take away from my other gaming time. But it also means soloing content or joining a random fc for a month ~_~ . The main story burned me out since i played that straight for like 3 months a year before heavensward so alot of qol stuff wasn't there at the time.