• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
1 gift from laoni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from laoni laoni!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni said:
giphy.gif

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (EU) Nintendo Switch (EU): Pokemon Shield - Won by nny nny (228 entries)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Also for those who have been following the thread a while, my 3D printer arrived!

The test print, and some minis I printed, before and after I finished speed painting most of them XD my first test set of dice failed, and the vat ran out of resin on my last print leaving some half decapitated models but I've been loving it.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Also for those who have been following the thread a while, my 3D printer arrived!

The test print, and some minis I printed, before and after I finished speed painting most of them XD my first test set of dice failed, and the vat ran out of resin on my last print leaving some half decapitated models but I've been loving it.
Whoa! Those dice and the minis look rad as hell when they're just raw, unpainted resin. Being able to print stuff like this from home is so unbelievably cool.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa! Those dice and the minis look rad as hell when they're just raw, unpainted resin. Being able to print stuff like this from home is so unbelievably cool.

It really is. My group I DM for, most of them are coming to me early next week with minis for our campaign to print out

Part of me wants to print out everything, all the monsters they fight, but the other part of me is like... That's a looootta resin.

But on the other hand, you can never really have too many Kobolds, they're such great level 1 fodder

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
It really is. My group I DM for, most of them are coming to me early next week with minis for our campaign to print out

Part of me wants to print out everything, all the monsters they fight, but the other part of me is like... That's a looootta resin.

But on the other hand, you can never really have too many Kobolds, they're such great level 1 fodder
8 year old me would absolutely lose his mind if he learned that in the future you could just print more minifigures instead of having to make due with the one or two of each he had. You should absolutely print, like, 50 kobolds and then find every excuse as a DM to make the party encounter a horde of kobolds just so you can throw them all down at once.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
8 year old me would absolutely lose his mind if he learned that in the future you could just print more minifigures instead of having to make due with the one or two of each he had. You should absolutely print, like, 50 kobolds and then find every excuse as a DM to make the party encounter a horde of kobolds just so you can throw them all down at once.

52 Kobold pick up 🤔

My group should be running into a Kobold den after they break out of jail in a session or two...

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
laoni you're amazing. I know I won't win but you and Samaritan are inspirational with your giveaways. I wish there was something this community could do for you both. I don't know what it is. Thank you.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I assume that the EU code can be activated in other regions since the system is region free right?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Crossing my fingers.
I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue (outside of trying Gold on a friend's cart for like, the first 30 minutes or so), because the games never really appealed to me, and I was at that age where the series launched right at the tail end of that age bracket that really got into Pokemon, but the UK aesthetic as well as some of the new designs are kind of appealing to me, making me interested in SwoShi.

So, getting the opportunity to play Pokemon after like 20 years is appealing. Thanks laoni , even if I don't win!
Surely you only picked Shield so you can post Sword afterwards and only allow me to get it, right? Right? :p

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers.
I haven't played Pokemon since Red/Blue (outside of trying Gold on a friend's cart for like, the first 30 minutes or so), because the games never really appealed to me, and I was at that age where the series launched right at the tail end of that age bracket that really got into Pokemon, but the UK aesthetic as well as some of the new designs are kind of appealing to me, making me interested in SwoShi.

So, getting the opportunity to play Pokemon after like 20 years is appealing. Thanks laoni , even if I don't win!
Surely you only picked Shield so you can post Sword afterwards and only allow me to get it, right? Right? :p

I picked Shield cause I got Sword and maybe it'll increase the pool for Shield exclusives ;D

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair, Sobble's final evo is absolutely gorgeous. :>

I just couldn't deny that crying boy

It really seems like everyone is #SobbleSquad or #GrookeyGang. There was so much love for Scorbunny around the original reveal trailer, but I don't know anyone who picked it. Gotta say it feels good that the fire starter seems like the least popular, it's about time. Anxiety lizard for life!

My boyfriend is Team Scorbunny, in my friend group, it's all Scorbunny or Sobble, I know one person with Grookey.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA

Oh wow! What kind of printer did you get?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

[/URL]

That spider looks disgusting and I saw that as a compliment because that means it came out really well! :D

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
How beginner friendly is it?

The resin they start you with, the settings are all pretty much the default in their software (the Photon slicer program) so it's pretty plug and play to begin with. They send you most of the tools you need, you just need IPA to clean the excess resin off the finished prints, containers for the IPA washes, and I'd personally buy some safety glasses and a better plastic scraper. When you buy another type of resin you'll have have to do some calibrating to tune the settings right, but there's prints you can do that can help you tune in the settings for each individual resin type.

The Photon (The older, cheaper model) has a lot of community support as well, the Photon S less so, but they have a lot of similarities.

That spider looks disgusting and I saw that as a compliment because that means it came out really well! :D

Thank you! I'm still learning to paint, so hearing compliments about it is always nice! :D

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I don't ever participate in your giveaways since some or other FF but you're still the giveaways goat laoni

Keep on keeping on! 👍

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The resin they start you with, the settings are all pretty much the default in their software (the Photon slicer program) so it's pretty plug and play to begin with. They send you most of the tools you need, you just need IPA to clean the excess resin off the finished prints, containers for the IPA washes, and I'd personally buy some safety glasses and a better plastic scraper. When you buy another type of resin you'll have have to do some calibrating to tune the settings right, but there's prints you can do that can help you tune in the settings for each individual resin type.

The Photon (The older, cheaper model) has a lot of community support as well, the Photon S less so, but they have a lot of similarities.

Thank you! I'm still learning to paint, so hearing compliments about it is always nice! :D

Maybe you should make a thread where you can post your progress, something like: "Iaoni's Table Top Adventures" :D

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
It really seems like everyone is either #SobbleSquad or #GrookeyGang. There was so much love for Scorbunny around the reveal trailer, but I don't know a single person who picked it. Gotta say it feels good that the fire starter seems like the least popular, it's about time. Anxiety lizard for life!
Hey i'm team #ScorbunnySquad.. I always go with the fire type pokemon ...=D

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, it has a lot of overlap with the tabletop painting OT so I'll probably end up getting redirected there. I could probably make a thread about more of the printer side of it though

Ah I wasn't even aware that we had a tabletop OT, yeah that will be the case then but that sounds like a plan! Honestly I find 3D-printers fascinating.