• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
lucky you guys.

can't wait to personally trying it in the coming months.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Is the X version significantly better than the Pro version of Fallen Order? Just curious.

Summary from chandoog in the DF thread about the game:

- Various factors (internal/external hdd, health of hdd) also seemingly cause the many stutters people are encountering.
- Sleep mode not recommended with the game.

- PS4 Pro Quality: 1260p w/ dynamic scaling, can drop to 1080p or below.
- XBX version also employs dynamic scaling but because of Unreal TAA upscale it's hard to pick.
- PS4 Pro Performance: Can drop below 900p to 1080p.
- PS4 Pro AA and SSR aren't as strong as XBX.
- Distant LoD's also pop up closer on Pro.

- Base PS4: 900p w/ dynamic scaling. ~720p to ~900p range.

- The I/O stutters present on Base XBO also present in base PS4 and rarely in Pro as well.
- In demanding sections, Pro holds up well. Base PS4 holds up between XBO and PS4 Pro.
- Same 'world disappearing' issue in one specific area happens on both base XBO and PS4. However PS4 loads faster.

- Xbox X with external drive can cause same pauses and stutters as the other consoles.
- DF recommends playing from a local drive.

- Normal Frame rate: PS4 Pro Quality mode holds up 30 FPS all the time outside some I/O stutter and very rare slowdowns similar to XBX.
- Pro Performance Mode: X and Pro are very similar, either can have minor advantage on per-scene basis. Otherwise very similar.
- Performance Mode not recommended because of wild variation in frame rates.
- This (Fallen Order) does run better than any of From Software's current gen games (SHOTS FIRED !)

- Base PS4 runs at 30 FPS, drops more frames than Pro but runs better than XBS. Not too bad but not stable.

- XBX has slightly sharper visuals, subtle enhancements in some effects otherwise either Pro/X are the recommended versions over Base.

- HDR is a "really good implementation" though not as good as Gears 5.

- The core game is good but the polish is not there.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Is there a best practice to making a Steam giveaway?
It seems you can only gift to people on your friends list, so does that mean you have to add the winner as a friend and then purchase the gift?

It'd be nice if there was a more "guaranteed" way to do it, for peace of mind of the entrees.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Is there a best practice to making a Steam giveaway?
It seems you can only gift to people on your friends list, so does that mean you have to add the winner as a friend and then purchase the gift?

It'd be nice if there was a more "guaranteed" way to do it, for peace of mind of the entrees.
Most of the Steam giveaways here are for keys acquired from 3rd party (but legit) sellers, sites like: Green Man Gaming, Humble, Indie Gala, Fanatical, Gamesplanet, Gamersgate, etc. If the best price is directly from Steam, then unfortunately that is the only way you're able to gift a game like that, but if you can find a comparable price on one of these legit sites, then that's the way to go since you can then just plug the key into the Giftbot giveaway form.

1 gift from Love Machine

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Love Machine Love Machine!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Love Machine said:
Let's celebrate the Half-Life: Alyx reveal by playing through Black Mesa - a faithful recreation of the original!
I plan on purchasing one copy for myself and another for the winner!

header.jpg

Please note: winner will be required to befriend me on Steam in order to be gifted.*

*Crowbar may or may not be required to open electronically distributed generosity package. Please allow up to an additional 24 hours for distribution. Long-term friendship not a guarantee.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Half-Life: Black Mesa - Won by eyeless eyeless (29 entries)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Summary from chandoog in the DF thread about the game:

- Various factors (internal/external hdd, health of hdd) also seemingly cause the many stutters people are encountering.
- Sleep mode not recommended with the game.

- PS4 Pro Quality: 1260p w/ dynamic scaling, can drop to 1080p or below.
- XBX version also employs dynamic scaling but because of Unreal TAA upscale it's hard to pick.
- PS4 Pro Performance: Can drop below 900p to 1080p.
- PS4 Pro AA and SSR aren't as strong as XBX.
- Distant LoD's also pop up closer on Pro.

- Base PS4: 900p w/ dynamic scaling. ~720p to ~900p range.

- The I/O stutters present on Base XBO also present in base PS4 and rarely in Pro as well.
- In demanding sections, Pro holds up well. Base PS4 holds up between XBO and PS4 Pro.
- Same 'world disappearing' issue in one specific area happens on both base XBO and PS4. However PS4 loads faster.

- Xbox X with external drive can cause same pauses and stutters as the other consoles.
- DF recommends playing from a local drive.

- Normal Frame rate: PS4 Pro Quality mode holds up 30 FPS all the time outside some I/O stutter and very rare slowdowns similar to XBX.
- Pro Performance Mode: X and Pro are very similar, either can have minor advantage on per-scene basis. Otherwise very similar.
- Performance Mode not recommended because of wild variation in frame rates.
- This (Fallen Order) does run better than any of From Software's current gen games (SHOTS FIRED !)

- Base PS4 runs at 30 FPS, drops more frames than Pro but runs better than XBS. Not too bad but not stable.

- XBX has slightly sharper visuals, subtle enhancements in some effects otherwise either Pro/X are the recommended versions over Base.

- HDR is a "really good implementation" though not as good as Gears 5.

- The core game is good but the polish is not there.

Thanks for the info. I do a lot of my 3rd party games on PS4 but I'll probably do this one on xbox then.

And yeah, uh, not hard to run better than FROM haha. They're great game designers, but boy they have never had good engineers.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for the info. I do a lot of my 3rd party games on PS4 but I'll probably do this one on xbox then.

And yeah, uh, not hard to run better than FROM haha. They're great game designers, but boy they have never had good engineers.

No problem (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours)!

Apparently I haven't been participating enough :(

4 gifts from BrettHeazy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Heazy Heazy!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Heazy said:

• PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Guacamelee 2 - Won by Amir Amir (34 entries)
  • PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Bleed 2 - Won by apotema apotema (5 entries)
  • PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Mages of Mystralia - Won by dom dom (17 entries)
  • PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): Nex Machina - Won by KenOD KenOD (29 entries)

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks everyone for the great prizes! (even though the lovely GiftBot keeps on hating me ^^)

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never even heard of Mages of Mystralia anywhere and it came out in 2017. Looks kind of Zelda-ish and Youtube videos of it look pretty good. Thanks for the giveaway!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
What's considered as participation in this thread haha? Some great giveaways these days. Maybe I have a star wars dlc code lying around somewhere..will find it inabit

crafton

Oct 28, 2017
I think I've got a couple of spare codes somewhere for games, I'll dig them out shortly. I've also got a load of free coffee codes for Café Nero in the UK.

1 gift from crafton

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from crafton crafton!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

crafton said:
Have a free coffee at Café Nero (UK) with this code.

• Café Nero Café Nero: Free Coffee at Café Nero (UK) - Won by Flammable D Flammable D (2 entries)

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, if I win Star Wars Jedi, I'll gladly share how shitty it runs on my og Xbox One 😉

Thank you Trouble for the amazing giveaway 😃

1 gift from Dragon1893

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Dragon1893 Dragon1893!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• GOG GOG: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Eternal Edition 50% off - Won by Aeleus Aeleus (2 entries)

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that could tear me away from my "kill everyone and everything that moves" run on Outer Worlds is Star Wars.

Very nice giveaway, Trouble !

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool gifts! I will have one giveaway up soon too, if I can figure out how this all thingamajig works hehe.

1 gift from Elandyll

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Elandyll Elandyll!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Elandyll said:
To celebrate the launch of Shenmue III, a free (1) code on PS4.
Back when the kickstarter was launched, I wanted to support the community and help fund it, but I also knew that to be honest I had little interest in the series, having also never played one before.
Better to gift it to a fan who is short on money, or someone who wants to try the game/ series.
Good luck!

• PlayStation 4 (NA) PlayStation 4 (NA): Shenmue III - Won by meph meph (160 entries)

4 gifts from BrettHeazy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Heazy Heazy!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Heazy said:

• Xbox One Xbox One: Rocket League - Won by Cth Cth (42 entries)
  • Xbox One Xbox One: Hollow Knight - Won by Ryuun Ryuun (55 entries)
  • Xbox One Xbox One: Strange Brigade - Won by Rosebud Rosebud (37 entries)
  • Xbox One Xbox One: Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - Won by Donald Draper Donald Draper (36 entries)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Can I ask from where those giveways are getting those Shenmue 3 NA PS4 codes? AFAIK Sony stopped giving game codes to retailers and there isn't a bundle selling the game right now. Is it a code from Kickstarter campaign? If so Does Kickstarter provide US codes only? Just curious.